Tryline

What's Perth or WA like to Live in general?

3 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Thanks, Roxii.

Definitely a huge change but the opportunity is fantastic.

🐊 🐢 🦎 🐸 🐉 🐍

Coast to Kosi Coast then? Just a little further...

1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

Developers have been busy building apartment blocks in South Perth. There is a glut of apartments on the market at the moment. You could rent at older apartment in South Perth for about $250 a week.

Being based in South Perth you would have access to the fantastic routes around the river. You are also only a 5 minute bike ride from Kings Park, there are lots of bush trails throughout Kings Park.

The beach is a ~12km trip from South Perth. We do get shark alarms on Perth metropolitan beaches but they are irregular. There are a few beaches with large shark nets big enough to swim in.

Hockey is very popular in Perth, there are lots of clubs, my family all play hockey.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I live North of the river and do not associate with the second class citizens who live south of the river.😉

I'll thank you now Ironnerd, as you clearly won't be talking to me if I heed your advice and locate on the south side. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimG said:

Coast to Kosi Coast then? Just a little further...

Already seen someone organise that. No thanks. :wallbash:

Lived in Perth for 2 years when we bought a place in Shelley in 2005, whilst I find it a wonderful city to visit I don’t think I could live there again but I never say never, moved to the pilbara and never looked back.  I found people in Perth weird, at least we say hello to people up here in the pilbara 😂

On 22/04/2018 at 10:44 PM, KieranR said:

Lived in Perth for 2 years ...........  I found people in Perth weird............

Thanks. Might just fit in better than I thought. :ninja:

• Haha 4

On 20/04/2018 at 3:20 PM, Ironnerd said:

Developers have been busy building apartment blocks in South Perth. There is a glut of apartments on the market at the moment. You could rent at older apartment in South Perth for about $250 a week.

FML.

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I like the way the city closes down at 5pm on a Saturday & reopens at 9am on Monday. 

Do they allow Coles and Woolies to open of a sunday yet?
Do the suburbs north of Perth have running water yet?

Hey paul been here 12 years now. No going back. Commuting on the bike is easy and pretty safe lots of psp. 

The coast is siowe close and ocean swim no issues. 

If if you don't like sharks go to sorento beach it has a big shark net 

if your working at the zoo it's close to the bike path on the river 

ps I too live north and rarely go over the narrows 

It’s putting on a good show this morning! Just got off the plane from Vietnam and brought the kids up to kings park and got them a hot chocolate! Never get sick of the views from kings park0F6DDF9C-D458-4C91-9E9A-FF31C96CC61E.thumb.jpeg.14bc29b60040e22f01d004d6f3553ab0.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m working in Melb Mon to Thurs and back to Perth for a 3 day weekend. I must say, the weather is magic at the moment in Perth. It’s a shock leaving Melbourne in 10-12 degree lunch time temp and arriving home to mid-high 20s.