3 minutes ago, Wronggenes said:

If it’s a dead rubber I would be inclined to keep Warner and Harris and tell them this is their chance.

So would I. Form is temporary, class is permanent  

Remember Steve Waugh's slump before 'that' knock at the SCG? 

and warner goes again.... if they are going to keep picking him even though he has lost it, when do we play a lesser team so he can get some runs?

Its professional sport.

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So would I. Form is temporary, class is permanent  

Remember Steve Waugh's slump before 'that' knock at the SCG? 

sadly, warner isn't steve waugh.

where are all the Kudos for the team from trannies?  

well, I'll start.  Well done boys. hard fought and patient win, and after never forgiving myself for quitting and going to bed early and missing Aust 2 winning the cup, I am tragically compelled to always watch our big achievements live. 

Edited by Prince
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Prince said:

well, I'll start.  Well done boys. hard fought and patient win, and after never forgiving myself for quitting and going to bed early and missing Aust 2 winning the cup, I am tragically compelled to always watch our big achievements live. 

Big night last night. I slept half of yesterday with the flu, so staying up was easy. Cricket, reasonably good mountain stage in the Vuelta, and a mate unfortunately had to pull the pin 3/4 of the way through an attempt at the North Channel (Ireland to Scotland). The day before one of the girls from the dam group was successful in crossing from Catalina Island to the mainland. We have another EC crossing coming up during the next test as well, so more late nights coming.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Prince said:

Great win, and even better series victory.  It took an absolute miracle from Ben Stokes to deny Australia the win at Headingley, but they responded and got the job done.  How flat and disinterested England looked for most of that 4th test is strange, youd have thought they would have tried to ride the wave of momentum the 3rd test victory gave them and take the Aussies down, not to be.

There is a real chance that Ben Stokes 3rd test performance could be lost in the rubble of England's failure to regain the Ashes if they lose the 5th test and the series 3-1.

Edited by Pencil_Towel

it was also interesting to see Archer drop his bickkies when things got tough. He has to understand he won't always get wickets.  He is young though and I guess it was only his second test.   I think also we are lucky to have Langer as our coach. He would have said the right things to the boys to get them over the disappointment of the 3rd test and likewise Bayliss must take some of the blame for not inspiring the Poms, as PT pointed out, they should have been quite confident going in to the 4th test. 

All in all it has been a very enjoyable Ashes series 

• Like 1

Even days play, if anything the Aussies let England off the hook a few times, could have had them all out for under 250, but still a chance to have them out under 300, just need to bat well in reply.

9 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Even days play, if anything the Aussies let England off the hook a few times, could have had them all out for under 250, but still a chance to have them out under 300, just need to bat well in reply.

yep, and I hope Warner likes pressure.   It is kinda like watching a car crash, I don't want to watch but I have to...

17 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

First opener ever to get eight single figure scores in a series apparently 

just weird they have stuck with him when khawaja is about...... shouldnt play favourites in test cricket

1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

just weird they have stuck with him when khawaja is about...... shouldnt play favourites in test cricket

Especially as Warner was at the centre of Sandpapergate.

On 13/09/2019 at 6:59 PM, IronJimbo said:

First opener ever to get eight single figure scores in a series apparently 

Yes, he made double figures! That'll guarantee his spot for the home summer 😉

12 hours ago, AA7 said:

Yes, he made double figures! That'll guarantee his spot for the home summer 😉

chapelli is in the paper saying warner is so good he knicked em whereas everyone else missed so will be auto selection for the summer.  wade with a few hundreds however is in struggle street as scored them when australia didnt need them so his spot will need to be looked at.

lol

it was such a let down the fifth test.  I will never understand why they chose not to bat first. what on earth were they thinking? 

2 hours ago, Prince said:

it was such a let down the fifth test.  I will never understand why they chose not to bat first. what on earth were they thinking? 

Because we were worried that on a seaming grassy pitch with overcast skies our openers might get dismissed in single figures again? 

If things had of gone to plan and they both had a half decent dig once the pitch flattened out the selectors wouldn't have looked so bad for dropping Head and Khawaja.