Full of 16 yo groupies but no cricket fans

So the Windies have progressed since their glory days in one aspect - from jailbait to the barely legal ...

An innings and 212 runs, after only losing 4 wickets in our first innings. I think yoyo's comment about the Antigua schoolboys team was about right.

With no action form Hobart am watching Kiwis vs Lankans from Dunedin instead, weather looks pretty similar to Hobart yesterday.

McCullum just hit his 100th Test match 6 to draw level with Gilly as the record holder for most 6s.

Voges test average again the west indies.

Not a typo.

Clearly better than bradman

Geez

Nathan Lyon has only just turned 28 - he already has 178 wickets from 51 tests including the current one.

While his average of 33 is not brilliant his strike rate of 64 is superb for an off-spin bowler.

He could easily get 500 test wickets before he retires ...

Can't help but laugh at the size of Bavuma,the SAF No 5 batsman. Fairly use to the rising delivery I think...

The Umpires not calling no-balls is a joke. If they can't do it then change to back-foot rule or get someone watching the side-on video to call it. Article in SMH this morning mentioned Sky Sports picking up 8 no-balls in a 3 over spell by Mitch Johnson in last Ashes series, umpires didn't pick up any of them.

Only calling them when reviewing a dismissal robs the batting team of runs and extra deliveries and doesn't give the bowlers a chance to correct their stride.

It's a f@cking joke that the bowlers do it so much. What is to be gained by going as close to over the line as possible versus the risk? Aim for the front of your for to be behind the line and you'll never no-ball again. You see them practice in the nets and they can be a yard over sometimes. How can you expect to get it right in a game of you don't give a $hit in practice?

• Like 1

It's a f@cking joke that the bowlers do it so much. What is to be gained by going as close to over the line as possible versus the risk? Aim for the front of your for to be behind the line and you'll never no-ball again. You see them practice in the nets and they can be a yard over sometimes. How can you expect to get it right in a game of you don't give a $hit in practice?

Did you know that Craig McDermott has implemented a fine system for all bowlers - no front foot no balls in either practice or matches with offenders facing stiff fines.

There is something to be gained from getting as close to the front line as possible - it increases the angle of attack BUT it is a skill to be developed like all others - see above.

Cry me a fracking river about how 'unfair' it is for batsman. It's a batsman's game already - with batsman friendly drop in pitches, perfectly manicured playing surfaces, bats as thick as roofing beams and the boundaries set 15 metres in from the fence. It's the bowlers who get the raw end of the pineapple because of the non policing of front foot no balls because it denies a bowler the chance to adjust early on in a spell thereby denying the little shits an undeserved second life when they get out off a no ball. ...

Disappointing summer of cricket this year. Windies and NZ tests, i suppose it helps our confidence though and we can blood some newbies.

I only just found out that the India tour in Jan/Feb is only a few one days and 20/20's. Disappointing. Also, South Africa cannot come out next year for summer. I also am a bit miffed they only tried the one day/night test. I thought it went well and reckon they could have packed the stadiums out if boxing day test was a day night.