Last night in the Sydney one day marsh lost that game for Australia farking around for 2 overs trying to get 100.

Perhaps Marsh's 'nervous' batting may have contributed, but from what I saw of the game, the 2 dropped catches had far more to do with Aus losing.

If Marsh had gotten there quicker and scored a few more, India would have adjusted their chase, but you can't be dropping sitters and expect to win.

What starts with 'Sh' and ends with 'it'?

Shaun Tait.

Took a hammering tonight in the T20.

Shaun Tait.

That was an interesting selection, I'd have had Tye, Laughlin, Abbott or Behrendorf in there above Tait. I guess if they wanted a look at Tait vs International opposition ahead of the T20 World Cup they've now got something to go on.

It's strange attack all round, 2 quicks, some allrounders, and an inexperienced spinner. Still, could make for an entertaining run chase.

Shaun Tait.

Tait clearly backed India to win. They need to check his betting accounts and family members

How 'bout Watson! What a brilliant performance, and should cement a place in the Aus team for at least another 2 years.

How 'bout Watson! What a brilliant performance, and should cement a place in the Aus team for at least another 2 years.

Watson!

Look what Watson has done in T20:

Player of the tournament (opening bat) last T20 World Cup;

Several dominate IPL seasons as an opening bat - all rounder;

Best all round bowler in this summer's big bash and some very handy middle order runs as well;

Best Australian bowler in the three internationals by a country mile; and

Best ever individual performance - opening bat/bowler/captain - last night. His nigardly 5 runs for the penultimate over was amazing ...

So now - one month out - we have a T20 team in total turmoil. Five potential candidates for opening bat. The two best options captain are behind the inept incumbent. No strike pace bowler option at all - a complete lack of wicket taking fire power.

Compare that with the Indians. Very little change in teams between their ODI and T20. A very well oiled machine ...

Seriously how much money did Tait have on India to win.

And I'll admit Watson performs under the pressure of being a captain so well. And he didn't even get out LBW.

That was a pretty average summer of cricket barring a few moments in the Big Bash and the Day-Night Test in Adelaide.

Hopefully the Tests in NZ are better.

Forget all that, someone explain that mentalist dude to me cos I'm stuffed if I know how he does it?

agree.

Usman just needed the status credits from the flight to NZ to maintain Platinum One status, was

Never actually going to play

The team Usman can't get into is 6/57 chasing 307.

Was looking forward to watch the game when I got home but don't think I'll make it.

Australia couldn't even score half the runs needed.

Funny stuff.

I wish they would pick guys that are in form not the ones on the contracts.

Can't be long until Rod Marsh steps down as a selector.

Australia couldn't even score half the runs needed.

Funny stuff.

I wish they would pick guys that are in form not the ones on the contracts.

Can't be long until Rod Marsh steps down as a selector.

Where did all our Bradman's go?

Oh, that's right - Cricket Australia doesn't 'do' pitches that provide movement or variation.

Can't blame Rod Marsh for that ...

Whilst i do agree with you for the most part, movement and variation in a pitch that just had 300+ belted on it ??

I think you give too much credit to australias horrid batting ftom the top 6 as well is much better opening spells from NZ

Mitchell Marsh says '****ing bullshit' and I agree with him.

Correct decision in the end but the Kiwis hadn't requested a review. Umpires only got interested once it had been replayed on the big screen at the ground.

Kiwis get the series win, well deserved in the end. McCullum playing last ODI, was always good to watch.

Bring on the Tests.

So, after 8 ODIs and 3 T20 internationals this summer the selectors have radically overhauled the T20 World Cup squad with just 3 warm up T20s against SA to dial it in. Neville picked without playing for Australia in the shorter forms of the game this summer. Smith Captain, but Finch still around like a bad Rudd/Abbott smell. ... No real solution offered for our woefully inadequate T20 bowling attack. FFS - neither of the two spinners selected have ever played T20 for Australia!!!! No team stability.

Compare that to the preparation of tournament favourites India - same team picked for both ODIs and T20s. Consistency and continuity.

What a farce.

Edited by Andrew #1

Another thing. Three of the selections - Coulter-Nile, Faulkner and Finch are of guys who are either currently injured OR were recently so. Coulter-Nile is very curious. He is not 'the heat' - enforcer that the selectors were hoping that Tait would be for the injured Starc and retired Johnson. Surely Paterson is a better bet?

Final point. On paper this squad has potential, but FFS - if selectors were thinking of the likes of Neville, Agar and Zampa they really should have been playing these guys in the national team over the past three weeks.

Sigh and double face-palm....

Final final point. Sure Lyon's form with the white ball has been underwhelming this summer BUT he is our best & most experienced international slower bowler and competitor. With spin likely to play a large roll in the T20 World Cup in India the selectors were daft not to back him to lift on the big stage like the champion that he is ... Agar for Lyon? We've tried that before ... :(

Does anybody really give a flying f#%$ about T20? It's the Harlem Globetrotters of the cricket universe. Sure it brings in the cash and can be a great spectacle to watch but nobody really cares about who wins do they?

Hilfy retires from First Class cricket, was pretty handy for a few years there. Unfortunately ends on 99 Test wickets. Should still have a few years of Big Bash in him if he can be bothered staying fit.

His debut was in same Test in South Africa as Phillip Hughes, in todays Trivia question who was the 3rd Aussie to debut in that Test?

Hilfy retires from First Class cricket, was pretty handy for a few years there. Unfortunately ends on 99 Test wickets. Should still have a few years of Big Bash in him if he can be bothered staying fit.

His debut was in same Test in South Africa as Phillip Hughes, in todays Trivia question who was the 3rd Aussie to debut in that Test?

Marcus North???

If memory serves he made a hundred on debut. It was either a century or nothing with North during his short tenure in the baggy green - based on his stats though (and technique) he probably deserved a longer go in the team than what he got in my opinion. Phil Hughes went on to make a century in each innings in the second or third match of that same series - youngest player to ever do so I think.

Really impressive win against the Kiwis, I thought they would have challenged us more than they did but 4-0 across 5 tests is empathic, most of them by big margins as well except for the day-night test.

Now the number 1 test team in the world with a team where only Voges and Nevill are over 30 years of age looks great for the future. Even more so when we have Starc (and maybe Cummins) to come back into the team.

Different to years past, I also really liked how we weren't reliant on one batsman to make a score, everyone of the top 5 scored multiple centuries this summer which is impressive (that even allows us to have the luxury of a bowling No. 6 who can't bat at test level!!!)

• Like 1

Yep was Marcus North, well played.

Trying to find info on Aussies next Test matches, couldn't find anything that has been locked in. Thought I'd heard somewhere we play the Lankans in Sri Lanka at some point.

Hope you weren't looking forward to watching the T20:

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/icc-world-t20-tv-blackout-for-aussie-cricket-fans-as-networks-shun-rights-20160224-gn2368.html

I for one don't care. Cricket's over for the summer now with the tests done

I just saw an add for the Aussie's game on Channel 9. I wonder how low the ICC went to actually get someone to broadcast it in the end.

The sideline commentator at the T20 Worlds mustn't have been as good looking as Mel. He managed to stay in till the end of the WI innings Thursday night.

Aussies vs Kiwis tonight in Dharamsala. First T20 between these teams since Feb 2010, won by the Kiwis in a Super-Over.

Been a few wash-outs there when the associate teams were playing last week and forecast for some rain tonight.

Aussies with some work to do now to qualify from the group, hopefully beat Bangladesh and Pakistan to set up practically a knockout game vs India.

Think we have about three too many unaccountable all-rounders in this team and main game plan seems to be hoping that Warner or Maxwell go big with the bat.

Fair effort by the Poms chasing down 229. India vs Pakistan tonight could be lively.

What the deal with groups a and b. Didnt know they even played cricket.

Groups 1 and 2 have all the gun countries

What the deal with groups a and b. Didnt know they even played cricket.

Groups 1 and 2 have all the gun countries

A and B played qualifying games last few weeks to gain entry into the main competition, Afghanistan and Bangladesh made it through.

Watto retiring from International cricket after the T20 World Cup, although he is expected to review that decision.

• Like 1

Thought Australia should have beaten the Indians

I only tuned into the commentry on line between sleeping.

Looked like Aussies fell apart after a v good start .... and then Warner and Smith both failed....I was surprised they got 160.

Butchered a great start. Smith getting a stinker didn't help. Our innings was bizarre. Nehra bowled well opening up with the 1st 3rd and 5th overs, but the other end went for 20+ each in the first two overs.

I think this was Australia's most successful World Cup in any format. We bit did of Watto and will never have to speak of him again. That's better than any piece of silverware in my book.

Talk of two Day-Night Pink Ball Tests for the next Aussie Ashes series, seems about two too many.

Thought the gimmick was just to generate interest and crowds when the lower rating teams were in town?

Plus the Pommie quicks will roll us for stuff all if the ball moves like it did in the game in Adelaide last summer.