is you are in need of a a laugh take a look at Kohli's failed LBW DRS review during the SAF innings

The big show shut his critics up last night.

3 wickets in the middle order for 10 runs, and then 103 runs from 58 balls. When he doesn't F-up, he is actually a very good 20-20 & 50 over player.

• Like 1

If you havent already, have a listen to the "The Grade Cricketer" podcast. Some very funny stuff. The last episode with George Bailey is a cracker. 

I haven’t been following closely but wasn’t the issue with Maxwell a perceived lack of effort in training? 

It seems odd, because in the past 12 months he has shown real maturity - and form - in all three formats of the game. Maybe the perceived lack of ‘rah rah’ in training just belies that maturity and Smith & Co just don’t ‘get it’. 

After such a brilliant start to the series, Australian cricket is in a dreadful spiral. Following on from a poor performance, and the Warner scandal in the 2nd test, Bancroft has now been caught ball tampering (cheating), and Smith has admitted it was sanctioned by the senior players in the team.

And what's even more stupid, he used bright yellow tape. Doh!

And listening to all the former captains of Aus & overseas teams going on this morning about how bad this is: Yes it's bad, but can you really tell me that any other ball tampering by a player was done without the knowledge of their captain or senior players?

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

After such a brilliant start to the series, Australian cricket is in a dreadful spiral. Following on from a poor performance, and the Warner scandal in the 2nd test, Bancroft has now been caught ball tampering (cheating), and Smith has admitted it was sanctioned by the senior players in the team.

CA have to put up or shut up now. We’re always quick to be the moral police for the game. Now is the time to show some balls and sanction everyone involved. Smith had to go. He should have stepped down immediately at the least. I’ve lost all respect for him. 

• Like 2

it is bad.  Smith has to step down and at least a 1 year ban for Warner and the other Snr players, otherwise we will be known as cheats for every game we play now. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

and as one former NZ PM would say, "it was appropriate it was yellow" 

Sack them all. This is disgraceful. No matter what happens now Australia will be seen as cheats in world cricket for years to come.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rocket Salad said:

Sack them all. This is disgraceful. No matter what happens now Australia will be seen as cheats in world cricket for years to come.

Yep agree. This is as bad as taking drugs to win. 

2 year ban for the whole leadership team. 

Smith should go for life. 

This is so shit. 

• Thanks 1

Am absolutely gobsmacked.......

And as a FNQer, we had a cyclone hit a few communities overnight and this is now the headline news.....I get why (not arguing that) but they are f&$king idiots.

:wallbash:

Interesting no one mentioning Darren Lehmann he would no doubt have been behind this and Smith is covering for him. Bancroft as the newest member is the scapegoat.  

Cricket has officially died in my eyes in Australia now.  Firstly the pay dilemma and these whinging overpaid superstars who cannot dig in when it gets tough. 

Warner has lot the plot.  Smith technique is now showing what i was thinking all along.  He relies on his eyes and hands to bat not his feet and once his timing/coordination in his movements are a fraction out he is going to be LBW or caught behind wicket frequently.  The pressure has got to him.  The South Africans have ruffled the feathers and hit us with our own medicine.

Lehmann has to go. Smith as well, he is the leader and this is twice he has made a bad call (the other was in India)

Justin Langer needs to be Australian Coach and clean up the joint before it gets destroyed.  

I don't often agree with you fb but I do here. 

Lehmann was was on the radio to the 12th man and sending a message out. 

What he should have done as soon as he saw it if he didn't know is get out of his seat and walk out onto the field and drag bancroft off himself. 

He bloody knew for sure. 

But cricket Australia is so gutless 

James Sutherland has sent someone to deal with it. 

He should have got on a plane himself. Also the video and confession makes it clear. 

7 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Smith technique is now showing what i was thinking all along.  He relies on his eyes and hands to bat not his feet and once his timing/coordination in his movements are a fraction out he is going to be LBW or caught behind wicket frequently.  The pressure has got to him.  

I think thats a bit harsh. He is still the number one batsman in the world and wouldn't be if he had any hint of a dodgy technique. He is young and has just made a bad error in judgement. He should stand down and cop a years ban, but lets not kicks his nuts inside out. 

I'd suggest this is the 2nd attempt at ball tampering this game by the Aussies so a life ban for Smith, 2 years for the senior leadership team and 2 years for Bancroft + big fines all round would be suitable punishments.

Then never select them for any cricket team ever again.

13 minutes ago, Prince said:

I think thats a bit harsh. He is still the number one batsman in the world and wouldn't be if he had any hint of a dodgy technique. He is young and has just made a bad error in judgement. He should stand down and cop a years ban, but lets not kicks his nuts inside out. 

Smiths DRS call on the LBW in the last game was an error of judgement.  This was a deliberate and planned action to cheat.  Pretty amateurish attempt at it too. 

Boiled lolly anybody?   

The simple fact is, cheating like this has gone on for who knows how long now, by how many different nations and captain's etc.  Wasn't the SAfrica Captain busted here for ball tampering?  The difference here is the Aussies fessed up!  Does it make me feel better about it?  No.  But it seems that in sport is get away with what you can, and if you do that's ok.  Holding down in tackles, milking penalties, drafting, drugs, you name it.

Should we be up in arms about this?  Yes.  Should we be up in arms about all the cheating going on in all sports? Yes.  Should people be made examples of? Yes.  We're so we start?  Gotta start somewhere, why not here.

The is so little honour left out there....

15 minutes ago, Prince said:

Play away from your body like he does when there is movement he is likely to get trapped. 

England bowled shit too him and played into his hands hence why dominated the ashes.  Their bowlers also lacked pace which made it easy again.  

Todays cricketers are just pampered princesses who dont wont to tough it out.  There are no role models now just high paid athletes. This is a completely selfish act by all involved.

By the way it wasnt sticky tape it was sandpaper so there is another lie. 

Smith has to go as captain. Smith and the other senior players who knew about it should be suspended. It should be a DQ and South Africa should be awarded the win.

I would like to see Langer come in coach. The discipline that he has installed in the WA team is needed in the national team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ironnerd said:

Smith has to go as captain. Smith and the other senior players who knew about it should be suspended. It should be a DQ and South Africa should be awarded the win.

I would like to see Langer come in coach. The discipline that he has installed in the WA team is needed in the national team.

For sure.  Justin Langer should of been coach before Lehmann.  He has the old school toughness, discipline and essential fighting spirit to create a great team.  The WA teams in both big bash and state comps coach by Langer did amazingly well for teams with no stars 

16 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

It should be a DQ and South Africa should be awarded the win.

That would set one hell of a precedent. When was the last series you didn't see some-one at least casually accused of ball-tampering. Be it Kool-mints & sticky saliva, sand-paper, or digging at the seam. You DQ a team and where do you stop? Yes, ban & fine the guys involved, and maybe the coach should fall, but that's as far as it should go in my opinion.