I just spent 3 days at the match as part of a crowd of about 200 I reckon. As soon as we lost the toss we were going to be up against it, realistically, a draw was the best result we could aim for. That being said, the pitch didn't break up nearly as much as I expected and from 0/142, we needed to at least get on par with their first innings. 

Khawaja was amazing in the second innings (and the first for that matter) and in reality he is probably the only world-class batsman in this line up. I've never understood his perceived lack of ability against spin bowling, he has never really been given a chance against spin bowling in this part of the world. We never used to pick 'horses for courses' back in our glory days so I'm not sure why we do now - the best players are the best players anywhere in the world. 

A draw would have felt like a win for our guys (although I'm glad Paine didn't admit that) and maybe we can use this momentum into the second Test. Although, make no mistake, we were outplayed for over three days.

I rate Mitch Marsh as an all-rounder, but all-rounders bat at No. 6, and Marsh is not a Test No. 4. For the next Test, surely Renshaw (to replace Labuschagne) comes back in as opener and everyone drops down a spot. Except, Head can stay at 5 and Marsh drops backs to No. 6.

I'm glad that I was there to watch that!

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Had to work all 5 days so missed it. Attendance is always terrible. The T20 event last weekend in An Dab was even worse.

Yep, I've got no idea why they decided to play the match Sunday - Thursday (which is the exact working week in the UAE for those that don't know), stupid idea. Considering entry was free it was a very poor turn out. I at expected a few thousand Pakis to rock up but even they were few and far between. I wasn't able to attend for all three sessions but I took my young fella down for the last session and a bit on three of the days.