Turts

IMWA Busso 2015

Note to Dickie:

Check-In for all athletes participating in SunSmart
IRONMAN Western Australia, will take place at Signal
Park on the following days and time:
• Thursday 3 December between 12noon – 5.00pm
• Friday 4 December between 9.00am – 5.00pm
Dickie you CAN NOT check in on Saturday.
:smile1:
  • Like 1

Any recomdations to take your bike for a look over and tune once u get to busso

Fat Duck I guess? Might need to call ahead incase they're super busy (08) 9754 2000

• Like 1

If anyone needs a welcome dinner ticket I have an extra. I just bought one for my wife forgetting that she will be flying into Perth on Friday & Staying the night there before driving down Saturday morning. Happy to swap for cash at the race if you want :)

I thought about getting extra ticket for my other half, but at 60/70 a pop, no thanks.

I'll fly solo and look for the Trannies table! He can amuse himself fishing

I thought about getting extra ticket for my other half, but at 60/70 a pop, no thanks.

My wife is yet to attend one so that was a big part of getting them. Next time we probably wouldn't :)

If anyone needs a welcome dinner ticket I have an extra. I just bought one for my wife forgetting that she will be flying into Perth on Friday & Staying the night there before driving down Saturday morning. Happy to swap for cash at the race if you want :)

Me, me, me......

• Like 1

At Port, we all met in a pub before hand and then walked over together, so we didn't have problems finding each other in the cavernous tent. It worked out really well and we had two awesome Tranny tables together. How about the Esplanade Hotel from 5pm onwards, and then wander over sometime before it starts at 6pm?

• Like 3

At Port, we all met in a pub before hand and then walked over together, so we didn't have problems finding each other in the cavernous tent. It worked out really well and we had two awesome Tranny tables together. How about the Esplanade Hotel from 5pm onwards, and then wander over sometime before it starts at 6pm?

Sounds like a plan.

Do we wear our trannies hat and finishers shirt of our choice? or does it have to be an ironman finishers shirt? Or specifically a busso finisher one?

Sounds like a plan.

Do we wear our trannies hat and finishers shirt of our choice? or does it have to be an ironman finishers shirt? Or specifically a busso finisher one?

Please not a finishers shirt. My first one is an XXL and my second one is an S. Neither fits. :shy:

Please not a finishers shirt. My first one is an XXL and my second one is an S. Neither fits. :shy:

You could make a skirt out of a towel?

I would be the last person to offer fashion advice...but Tranny hat has to be de rigueur...and depending how thirsty I am, I might be there earlier.

Since this race is only weeks away, and this topic fell off the first page, im going to punish you all by asking a provocative question.

What tyre presssures should i run?

Conti clincher 25's, zip 60 front, powertap with disc cover rear. 80kg fat chick, probably looking at 6:15 ride and hoping for 13:30 total.

Yep, fat and slow. Putting it all out there. Literally.

• Like 1

I run Conti GP4000's and put 110 in them for IMWA.

Me too. Last year I thought it was a bit hard for the new extended bit though. Would have liked just a touch softer for comfort sake. :D

I was thinking 100- 105. Havent done much on the 25s lately though. Looks a likely target?

Me too. Last year I thought it was a bit hard for the new extended bit though. Would have liked just a touch softer for comfort sake. :D

The road surface on the new bit is rougher. I need to drop the tyre pressure a bit and get a tighter fitting straw on my BTA drink bottle. Last year I got a constant splash of Gatorade on the rough bits.

Race numbers are up - I am 11006.

By a rough count there are about 1600 starters.

What would a sell out be - 2000?

Now, where are we having the traditional Thursday trannie bbq? It did deteriorate into takeaway last year, but still...

I'm getting rather excited now. For the week in Busso, not the race in particular.

Actually, that too.

I'm pretty sure that I heard that the change to a two lap bike course gave them 2000 as the magic number.

Agent #(5)86 here.

Now, where are we having the traditional Thursday trannie bbq? It did deteriorate into takeaway last year, but still...

I'm getting rather excited now. For the week in Busso, not the race in particular.

Actually, that too.

It may be light on with Trannies this year but the usual place I would suspect?

A few years back they changed the bike course from 3 laps to 2 laps, to allow more people on the course. I think that 1500 was the max on the 3 lap course and 2000 the max on the 2 lap course.

I've entered all those so far into the Race Tracking app. Please use the link below to double check and enter a Target Time. If you get an error, that could have been due to some fat-fingers and I've entered something wrong when doing it manually, just let me know and I'll sort it.

All new posters with a race number, please could you register yourself using the link below. NOTE: you must be logged into this forum to check/register.

I'm 717, which continues a theme as I was 989 last year! Being extremely optimistic I have set a target of sub 11. I did 11:17 last year, and I know my training this year has not been as good, but I'm going to challenge myself...and am regretting it already!

RACE TRACKING REGO

Still trying to decide if Ill role around the course or not - and thats all its likely to be if I go as Im currently living up to my name sake.

Roll around, it'll be fun. I'm not in the shape I wanted to be in either, but I'm not missing my birthday party

(First of possibly many not so subtle reminders that it's going to be my birthday)

• Like 2

I already have your birthday present picked out. Something to help you get in perfect shape by race day. A sphere is a perfect shape isn't it?

Roll around, it'll be fun. I'm not in the shape I wanted to be in either, but I'm not missing my birthday party

(First of possibly many not so subtle reminders that it's going to be my birthday)

On race day? Closest Ive been is the day before.

Im really not sure I can face another 3.5 - 4hr of running with stitch. Im so over it and it takes the enjoyment out of things. I wish it didn't happen, have tried different things and can't stop it. And now Im in the mentality of whats the point of even training then, which is making things worse!

I'm 717, which continues a theme as I was 989 last year! Being extremely optimistic I have set a target of sub 11. I did 11:17 last year, and I know my training this year has not been as good, but I'm going to challenge myself...and am regretting it already!

Well, if you don't break 11h this year, you will just have to come back in 2016...

• Like 1

Im really not sure I can face another 3.5 - 4hr of running with stitch. Im so over it and it takes the enjoyment out of things. I wish it didn't happen, have tried different things and can't stop it. And now Im in the mentality of whats the point of even training then, which is making things worse!

I've been waiting 7 years for this, when it should have happened in 2010...

There will be enough people to walk with.

I may or may not be able to run either.

I already have your birthday present picked out. Something to help you get in perfect shape by race day. A sphere is a perfect shape isn't it?

No chance. You know my new cardio regime is actually good for weight loss!

I've been waiting 7 years for this, when it should have happened in 2010...

I think your possible sick with wishing for this on your birthday! ha ha.

Heres hoping you have a happy birthday!

Re the stitch - have you tried the breathing out on every third stride? I read about it, didn't think much more as it seemed a little complicated but when I started to get a stitch in a recent race I did a little hop so that my other leg was landing on exhaling and voila stitch gone.

Re the stitch - have you tried the breathing out on every third stride? I read about it, didn't think much more as it seemed a little complicated but when I started to get a stitch in a recent race I did a little hop so that my other leg was landing on exhaling and voila stitch gone.

Ive tried some breathing stuff, but not the hop. I can only try, and also the every third stride thing- thanks. Doesn't help for the bike though....

Ive tried some breathing stuff, but not the hop. I can only try, and also the every third stride thing- thanks. Doesn't help for the bike though....

I often get it getting off the bike. Must be crushing something even though the fit feels comfy. Breathing does help in the run to put it off but if it kicks in nothing I can do to get rid of it and have resorted to walking it hurts that badly.

Breathing does help in the run to put it off but if it kicks in nothing I can do to get rid of it and have resorted to walking it hurts that badly.

90% of my tris finish this way. Its increibly painful at times. So frustrating as you would know

Edited by lzbones