FatPom

Rebel Wilson

hi ms Wilson,

I thought you said your defamation case wasn't about the money......now it apparently is. 

Is she going to try and appeal the appeal?

She's always said from the start that the money is going to charities and to various performing arts.  If that's true, then they're the big losers.  I had no problem with the initial payout cause those mags are full of bullshit and lies yet peeps buy them every week to see how Nicole and Keith's marriage is over/together, and so much of the media is bullshit so liked seeing them knocked down a few pegs.  Plus she tried to settle with them before the case for 200k.  She's said this week that she's won the case, and that wasn't being contended, so that's the main thing.

Love her or hate her (I'm ambivalent, don't go out of my way to watch something with her in it but wouldn't turn something off because she was in it), she had the guts to try something I bet a lot of celebs wouldn't bother with but wish they could.

On a side note, the local Wagner family up here has finished their court case against Alan Jones etc and will be awaiting the verdict in September.  It's a judge only case with no jury.  They're asking for 4.8mill - obviously they won't get it all but it seems they're gonna get something.  Yesterday the defence stated that some of the comments made about them were indefensible, and that they shouldn't look at the payout amount in the Rebel Wilson case as an example to follow!  Personally, I'd love to see Jones get a big kick in the guts.  I can't stand him.  He was the single reason I stopped watching the Today show on 9 years ago - couldn't fathom how they gave him space to spew his crap.

19 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

She is going to appeal it. Good on her. 

The court ruled her claims that the articles cost her movie roles just didn't stack up.  I am sure there are plenty more movie roles for her where they need someone to do fart jokes and fat jokes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

Yep,  Adam Sandler has been doing it for 20 years

he's a no good hack as well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Prince said:

The court ruled her claims that the articles cost her movie roles just didn't stack up.  I am sure there are plenty more movie roles for her where they need someone to do fart jokes and fat jokes.

Probably could have used someone saying "yep, decided to not employ her".  Same as b@w, I say go for it.  I'm happy to see that crap media get some sort of comeuppance.  As long as she does do what she says and gives the money away.  Maybe the 600k doesn't cover her costs yet.  I know she wanted that covered too.

25 minutes ago, Prince said:

C'mon, at least when she is doing it we don't have to put op with Melissa McCarthy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prince said:

hi ms Wilson,

I thought you said your defamation case wasn't about the money......now it apparently is. 

She has always said after legal she would donate everything to charity. 

And the mags do need to pay. So much bullshit printed 

• Like 1

Hard one, this issue .... which do I dislike more? A woman who isn't funny and trots out the same awkward / fat / fart jokes in every film, or magazines that print sh1te!

I wish they would both disappear, but both appeal to some!

• Like 3

Were talking about it on the ABC this morning - with the interest she is being required to pay back as well as being ordered to pay Bauer Media's court costs for the appeal, she could be out a few hundred thousand, let alone her own costs!  So she won the case, which wasn't even appealed against, and could be out a stack of money now!

Like her or not, I was happy to see someone take a stance against these shit mags (in particular since she gave them an easy out to start with), but now it's all turning to shit.  

her basis of her damages claim was the story, which wasn't that bad, (they said she lied about her age and her dubious claim of being related to Walt Disney), cost her prime roles in Hollywood.  she won the case, but rightly so, it didn't cost her millions. if Hollywood producers believed everything they read in these mags there would be no one working in the industry.