FatPom

Rebel Wilson

Had a small role in Aussie comedy 'Pizza' and was quite funny in a very crass kind of way. Moved to Hollywood and got a support role in 'Bridesmaids' alongside Mat Lucas from Little Britain. They were housemates at the time. Think her career kinda took off because the Americans seem to consider her uncouth sense of humour as unique plus the larger actors seem to be in fashion as 'funny fat ladies'. :sleepy:

Had a small role in Aussie comedy 'Pizza' and was quite funny in a very crass kind of way. Moved to Hollywood and got a support role in 'Bridesmaids' alongside Mat Lucas from Little Britain. They were housemates at the time. Think her career kinda took off because the Americans seem to consider her uncouth sense of humour as unique plus the larger actors seem to be in fashion as 'funny fat ladies'. :sleepy:

i find them as funny as a fart in a wetsuit, i.e Chrissie Swan, Amy Schuler....i mean really.

Good luck to her. She shouldn't be carrying things on her own (I think she had some tv series over there as well for a little while) but in the right situation she will be a suitable supporting cast member.

Should I be embarrassed to say Pitch Perfect is one of my (and our) fav movies and we cack ourselves at her in it, in particular the ginger comment (she adlibed much of her role). Sequel movie not so much, but it wasn't much chop compared to the first.

She can genuinely use nunchucks so don't confront her in a dark alley (even if she doesn't have the nunchucks on her).

Think she started in her own show Bogan Pride which was pretty funny, especially if you have spent any time in Sydneys western suburbs, like the early Pizza shows (which were filmed in my old local Pizza shop)

It would be interesting to see what she is like relaxed in person, whether she is really like that or just always in character for the cameras. She has a good grasp of comedy and timing especially in interviews. Even if you don't particularly like her humour she knows how to do it.

I like her, she doesnt take herself seriously and is making big $$ good on her I say.

Apparently Melissa McCarthy isnt happy that Rebel is taking all the "Funny Fat Girl" roles.

• Like 2

Unfortunately the Fat Pizza shop is gone now...... The burger shop next to it was great.

FM

Unfortunately the Fat Pizza shop is gone now...... The burger shop next to it was great.

FM

Really???

When I was living down the road in a share house with some mates we were very regular customers. So much so that I still remember the phone number some 25 years on (6424232) .. before the "9s" were added to the phone numbers in Sydney, we used to order our pizza from there and garlic bread from another shop "Fist full of Pizza" because they were next to greenacre pub and would deliver beer for you if you ordered food. There pizzas were crap but their garlic bread was OK :lol:

I love how we can remember old phone numbers like you have roxi but I can;t remember my wifes mobile number that she's had for 15 yrs.

• Like 1

I love how we can remember old phone numbers like you have roxi but I can;t remember my wifes mobile number that she's had for 15 yrs.

Some things are more important than others !!!!! :lol:

She appeals to the masses.

Well the masses mass is increasing!

Really not to sure about this whole fat acceptance thing. It can't be healthy.

same! I blame it on being first in my contacts list and me hitting speed dial. I. Mean, I like ring her 10 times a day, but have NFI as to her number, except it starts 0413 ...

Hey Peter, I've got your wife's number, let me know if you need it :lol:

I like her more already!

Trollop, is the word that springs to mind.

Is McCarthy the woman who was in The Heat? My sister said to me ' watch this, it's really funny' so we watched it when we were at her house. I thought is was pretty much the opposite of funny.

There used to be a Korean/ American stand up years ago, she just used to swear. It was funny for about a minute then the whole ' ooh look, an Asian female swearing' thing wore off and the actual material was just repetitive nonsense. I can't remember her name, Margaret something I think.

Good actors need a range, regardless of size and a USP, otherwise it's gets real old, real quick.

You said Asian....the damn forum ad (the automated one on the forums home page) now has an ad for a Chinese dating site...

Edited by MissJess

You said Asian....the damn forum ad (the automated one on the forums home page) now has an ad for a Chinese dating site...

Are you sure it's a dating site and not the board of the new IM owners?

• Like 1

Are you sure you aren't just seeing a reflection of yourselves in Rebel, a part of yourself that you really don't like, and projecting this hatred externally onto this forum as a kind of cry for help...?! :)

• Like 2

Are you sure you aren't just seeing a reflection of yourselves in Rebel, a part of yourself that you really don't like, and projecting this hatred externally onto this forum as a kind of cry for help...?! :)

It's the fat girl in me trying to break out.

• Like 2

Rebel Wilson is the un-funny token fat chick you have to have in every movie or show these days to appease the masses.

Ditto for Melissa McCarthy with the exception of one scene from the Movie - This is forty when they have to front the headmistress:

Google this is forty Melissa Mccarthy scene.

Rebel Wilson is the un-funny token fat chick you have to have in every movie or show these days to appease the masses.

Ditto for Melissa McCarthy with the exception of one scene from the Movie - This is forty when they have to front the headmistress:

Google this is forty Melissa Mccarthy scene.

Mildly amusing the first time she appeared in a role.. less so when playing the same character 464748953378 times in every movie.