Cranky

Triathlons in the Coffs Harbour area

My hubby's cousin is thinking of doing his first tri. He lives in Coffs Harbour. I know they have a club but just wondered if anyone here was a member of it or knew of any races in the area? By looking at their website (coffstri.com) it looks as though the events that they have might be for members only.

Yamba - just down the road have an enticer, sprint, OD race on in February - one of Emo's. awesome fun event. swim in a protected bay, run along the river and out onto the break wall, cycle is an undulating loop out to angourie.

Coffs race approximately every second week, depending on other regional events. Enticer and sprint distance. Non members welcome, but need to register online prior to midday on Saturday in order to streamline the process on Sunday morning and ensure prompt start.

Usually between 80-140 starters of all abilities... fastest around the sprint course 55-56min, slowest 1hr50.

Handicap start system implemented, with newcomers off scratch until they establish a baseline time.

Newcomers get two races as a "suck it and see" but are then asked to join up if they wish to continue. Pay $20 for each of those trial events, with $10 to the club and $10 as a day licence. If you join thereafter, $20 deducted from total price.

Can give you my contact phone number if your cousin wants to get in touch... just PM.

Club has upward of 300 members.

• Like 4

Coffs race approximately every second week, depending on other regional events. Enticer and sprint distance. Non members welcome, but need to register online prior to midday on Saturday in order to streamline the process on Sunday morning and ensure prompt start.

Usually between 80-140 starters of all abilities... fastest around the sprint course 55-56min, slowest 1hr50.

Handicap start system implemented, with newcomers off scratch until they establish a baseline time.

Newcomers get two races as a "suck it and see" but are then asked to join up if they wish to continue. Pay $20 for each of those trial events, with $10 to the club and $10 as a day licence. If you join thereafter, $20 deducted from total price.

Can give you my contact phone number if your cousin wants to get in touch... just PM.

Club has upward of 300 members.

Thanks Russ. I'll pass on the info and find out how keen he is and if he wants to know more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk