Supamau

IM Melb canned??? WTF???!!! Really???!!!

A FB friend posted this out.... is this for real??? :o

Ironman Melbourne cancelled for 2016!

Last week, IRONMAN received the news that the 2016 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix has publicly announced another date change to March 20 ,2016.
IRONMAN recognizes this presents a conflict with the government approved scheduling of the 2016 IRONMAN Asia Pacific Championships in Melbourne on March 20,2016.
After consultation with our government partners it has been decided to cancel the 2016 IRONMAN Asia Pacific Championships in Melbourne.
This information provided to us affected both our event planning and course approvals making it impossible to run on the 20th of March or other dates close to the initial dates. Clashes with the Melbourne Food and Wine festival (March 4-13), Victorian School Holidays (March 25-April 10) Easter (March 25-28) and our own Major events elsewhere in Asia Pacific such as the Mooloolaba Triathlon (March 13) IRONMAN New Zealand (March 5) completely make a March date impossible. Then Malaysia 70.3 (April 3) delays us into mid April, with the end rules out due to ANZAC day (April 25).
While unfortunate ,we feel this is necessary step to take.
We will be contacting all entered participants in the near future to work out transfers to alternative events or refunds.
IRONMAN®

website still says suspended

if you look at the australia map of events theyve removed the melbourne marker :o

Nah Sup.... You're just late to the party ;)

anyone in the know about this?

was hoping for a change of races this year, so should I keep hanging on or just enter Port for what seems like the millionth time?

actually, no love for Port, so one should wait for Melbourne to give final outcome..

All over the website - wont be sitting on that motorbike for 5 hours again. My bum yes yah!! Melbourne rally is too packed at that time for an event that takes so much space

The big question is....................will it be back or just fade away. Surely there are better places to do an AP Championship that are currently a logistical nightmare without atmosphere.

• Like 1

The big question is....................will it be back or just fade away. Surely there are better places to do an AP Championship that are currently a logistical nightmare without atmosphere.

GONE

Cheers

Ivp

3 April.

Peter, you seem to be the most confidently in the know....any idea when they will be making an announcement??

I mustered up all my charm last week and called up and had a nice friendly chat with the lady who answered the phone...despite my best efforts to subtly trip her up all I could get was that it "most definitely has not been cancelled" and "don't believe anything you see or hear unless it is published on our website".....

Peter, you seem to be the most confidently in the know....any idea when they will be making an announcement??

I know this is the date they have taken back to the powers that be and trying to get over the line.

Given this was their original date that everything was approved for before the F1 decided they wanted it, I'd be surprised if it didnt get up.

Just wait a few weeks. I'm sure they will confirm it or just go with March 20.

Either way it will happen.

I think the decision has been shunted upstairs to the new owners or WTC (read People's Republic of China) who have far more clout than Bernie Eccleston. They are probably pondering their legal options along with how to pull Bernie's pants down.

Surely the race will have to be moved because it unlikely that there are enough police and paramedics to cover both the IM and the F1 on the same day, a Sunday

Maybe it should be called the Jon Snow Ironman! It's dead, no not quite, yes definitely dead

Oh wait hang on no still drawing breathe!

(GOTFans will get this).

• Like 2

Maybe it should be called the Jon Snow Ironman! It's dead, no not quite, yes definitely dead

Oh wait hang on no still drawing breathe!

(GOTFans will get this).

He still has options:

The red witch

Bran resurfaces

Becomes a White Walker and goes on to become King White Walker.

As you may already be aware, it was recently and publicly announced by the Formula One organisers, that the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne has changed its date to March 20 in 2016. This date is now once more in direct conflict with the approved and scheduled IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Melbourne race date.

IRONMAN Asia-Pacific was first made aware of this change through media reports and were extremely shocked and disappointed with the news having already been forced to shift the event date earlier this year. Upon receiving this information, we immediately contacted key event partners and Victorian Government to better understand how this situation occurred and also what the implications are for the planned delivery of IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Melbourne on our approved event dates. Our discussions are ongoing and it remains our highest priority on behalf of our registered athletes and brand to negotiate and understand the options available and the impacts of this decision. At this point in time, we have acted to temporarily suspend the race entries for the event so as not to expose any additional athletes to uncertainty in making race and travel plans.

Please be assured that we have made no final decisions with relation to the event and potential further date changes at this time. We simply do not have sufficient information from the various parties involved in planning our event. Any social media commentary suggesting that decisions have been made around the event future are pure speculation and we commit to you that the first information and updates will be communicated directly with our athletes and through the IRONMAN.com website and social accounts.

We remain totally committed to protecting our Asia-Pacific Championship event and our athletes from further disruption to your race planning.

His blood touches fire, he is magically revived and we discover he is the true King of Westeros?

I'm thinking that the first two of those is correct - with a little help from the Red Witch and Ser Davos & with the help of Ghost and their pet Giant they all get very smighty with the Brothers of the Nights Watch until order is restored. My bet is that John's secret Targaryan blood permits him to become a dragon rider and Daenerys lends him her green dragon "Rhaegal" - named after Daenarys father (and John Snow's true dad) to take out all of the White Walkers once and for all before sweeping south to meet up with Denerys on her Black Dragon "Drogon" and her long lost uncle - Griff (aka Aegon VI) on the White Dragon "Viseron" as they terminate most of the luminaries of the Great Houses of Westeros - and Little Finger - with extreme prejudice. The end.

Too much?

Edited by Andrew #1

who cares about jon snow, as long as the show keeps showing boobs. jon snow have boobs? then who cares.

re IM Melb, does anyone even watch F1 anymore? oh look that British tosser won again. woo friggen hoo. unfortunately even less people watch triathlon so those fkg bullies will obviously win.

maybe tell the bogans someone is giving away free cartons of VB and biker chicks are exposing themselves to make them go elsewhere and they lose their audience. maybe.

The presence of Jon Snow seems to make the ladies more conducive to showing off their boobs. Just Saying ...

Edited by Andrew #1

I'm thinking that the first two of those is correct - with a little help from the Red Witch and Ser Davos & with the help of Ghost and their pet Giant they all get very smighty with the Brothers of the Nights Watch until order is restored. My bet is that John's secret Targaryan blood permits him to become a dragon rider and Daenerys lends him her green dragon "Rhaegal" - named after Daenarys father (and John Snow's true dad) to take out all of the White Walkers once and for all before sweeping south to meet up with Denerys on her Black Dragon "Drogon" and her long lost uncle - Griff (aka Aegon VI) on the White Dragon "Viseron" as they terminate most of the luminaries of the Great Houses of Westeros - and Little Finger - with extreme prejudice. The end.

Too much?

As long as Little finger never talks again, I am good with that. Just want Tig Trager to guest and sort him out

Too much?

At the risk of breaking my 1st rule of Transitions, don't quote long passages of text only to reply with a simple quip...

I like it.

• Like 1

As long as Little finger never talks again, I am good with that. Just want Tig Trager to guest and sort him out

Flame or knife?

Flame or knife?

Knife they like to cut out tongues in westeros. I am not happy with Daenareys, in the book it cleary states that her dress shows one breast, in the series she has this covered.

Knife they like to cut out tongues in westeros. I am not happy with Daenareys, in the book it cleary states that her dress shows one breast, in the series she has this covered.

There has already been a number of Daenarerys boob moments - r ember emerging from the flames in the buff at the end of series 1? & She gets it on with 'the help' occasionally, but remember - she hasn't met John Snow yet (he may be a half brother, but this is Westeros after all and - as anyone knows who has read the books - the Targaryan's 'taught' the Lanysters everything there is to know about incest) ...

Edited by Andrew #1

I'm confused. Didn't John Snow open the bowling for England?[/quote

No, you've got it wrong, he was 3rd in his age group at the Hell of the West trafflon.