Peter

List your top 5 Bucket List Races/Events you PLAN to do.

Thanks for the words of support guys!

Coast 2 Coast is road / TT bikes.

You have a fat bike now TrinewB how about the Simson desert bike challenge? http://desertchallenge.org/

Ah sorry, I was thinking of Port to Port. I saw a program on Eurosport about it and it looked brilliant.

I haven't got 5, I have 3 that I am looking at. 1 booked in - Oly at Budgewoi in Nov 15 (already booked). Then 2017 - the Oly distance and 2.5km swim at the World Masters Games, Auckland (April 2017).

Nothing long, just looking at the enjoyment side.

FM

Was thinking of another one I'd like to complete one day....100 x 100's in the pool. I've heard a lot about this session and it terrifies me, so I want to do it.

Thinking about doing it on New years day next year.

• Like 1

Was thinking of another one I'd like to complete one day....100 x 100's in the pool. I've heard a lot about this session and it terrifies me, so I want to do it.

New yrs or on your birthday seems to be custom and practice with that one.

It's more a mental thing than physical. I've done it a couple of times. Once I made the target times, and the 2nd time it was more my mind letting me down than my body. Get a few others to do it with you or you really will go insane. Think of it like a 10hr trainer session on the bike.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Do it at merewether pool. Be easier doing 100 laps than 400 in a 25mtr pool

Undie Run

Kona Ironman

Hawaii Ironman Beer Mile

Lava Java coffee drinking & posing

Any IM distance race against Peter

You've changed your tune!

Kona is the holy grail of Ironman racing. Nothing else matters. I would sell my child for a chance to race in Kona.

I reckon Peter hacked into his account

Cheers

Ivp

Looks like it's happened again LOL

Cheers

Ivp

Kona is the holy grail of Ironman racing. Nothing else matters. I would sell my child for a chance to race in Kona.

Lol! I thought I was bad! Don't think I'd sell my child ... well ....

Kona

Cairns

Auckland 70.3

La Marmotte

NY Marathon

Cairns 2016? See you there.

Kona 2016? See you there! !

If you asked this question four weeks ago, my list would have been the following

1. Tour Divide

2. Taiwan KOM challenge

3. Masters Track World Championships in LA 2017

3. Coast 2 Coast

Right now I'm in hospital watching my wife go through her second cycle of chemo, so all those events are irrelevant right now!

Sorry to hear. Nothing else matters when the ones we love are sick. Best wishes to you both.
  • Like 1

Lol! I thought I was bad! Don't think I'd sell my child ... well ....

Even giving them away would give you a much better chance of getting to Kona. Think of all the extra training time.

• Like 1

Alcatraz.

Nice (is there still a race there?)

Something in Italy

Sth America somewhere.

Asia somewhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tick - Run Larapinta

4 days of desert running in the West MacDonald Ranges outside Alice. Hot, hard, hilly and dry - but brilliant.

Great people, great scenery, great organisation (Rapid Ascent).

• Like 1

Tick - Run Larapinta

4 days of desert running in the West MacDonald Ranges outside Alice. Hot, hard, hilly and dry - but brilliant.

Great people, great scenery, great organisation (Rapid Ascent).

Great to hear! I was following the posts and pics on Facebook. RA are good at posting updates and inspiring pics of the course. Still on my radar for next 2016

• Like 2

Great to hear! I was following the posts and pics on Facebook. RA are good at posting updates and inspiring pics of the course. Still on my radar for next 2016

Hey Turtle,

You've got to do it.

Probably the most technical running I have ever done. Lots of sand running in the dry rivers and creeks and plenty of river and other sections where it was rock and boulder hopping (esp in the gorges). We were pretty lucky with the heat until the last day. I ran out of water with about 6k's to go in really hot conditions when I'd slowed, so that was a bit tough bordering I'm starting to get into trouble. At that point I hadn't seen another runner for an hour or so. Finishing that last section in the (flowing) creek at Glen Helen Homestead was actually a bit of a saviour.

Just a hint - avoid filling your hydration pack with bore water - take plenty of town or bottled water when doing the legs furthest from Alice.

Cheers

Dragging up an old one, but I saw an add for the Marathon du Medoc today. 

My wife has absolutely no interest in running, or any sport at all. This however, I think I could get her to do with me. And as far as my knee goes, it will be a 42km walk/jog for me, so should be able to manage it. Added to that, it is right at the end of the English Channel season, so if I get my act together, and the sales pitch right, I can offer my wife a 75km boat cruise, sipping on french champagne & chardonnay, followed by a trip around Europe, then a 42km pub crawl.

Sounds good to me. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1