Oompa Loompa

Biggest Loser 14 - Starts today Monday 17 August, 2015

It still can be done during travelling, took me a while to lock it in, 100 + flights a year, just have to go without at times, embrace the hunger!

It still can be done during travelling, took me a while to lock it in, 100 + flights a year, just have to go without at times, embrace the hunger!

The problem when I travel is that it's not that often, and it's usually to get together with 4 guys from different capitals that I work very closely with, but only see when we travel. We all get on really well, and like to take the opportunity to have a good time when we can. A good time usually involves good meals and enough to drink to make any training the next day very uncomfortable.

I've got to put together a system myself. The travel is doing some damage.

88.6kg Friday 11th

90.6kg Monday 14th

94.2kg Today 26th

5.6kg in 15days

I never touched ice cream or chocolate. I shared a dessert with my wife most nights and had very light breakfasts.

BUT I did consume about 3 litres of beer each day.

88.6kg Friday 11th

90.6kg Monday 14th

94.2kg Today 26th

5.6kg in 15days

I never touched ice cream or chocolate. I shared a dessert with my wife most nights and had very light breakfasts.

I think you must have misread the topic thread title as Biggest Gainer and not Biggest Loser. Easy mistake to make.

88.6kg Friday 11th

90.6kg Monday 14th

94.2kg Today 26th

5.6kg in 15days

Respect

EHB, since when has QLD had the interweb ??? Anyway, I had no devices and did not want to go into a Café except for a hot choccy....

108.9 (-3.4)

112 (-3)

FM

Edited by Flanman

118.5kgs

115cms

Went for a small paddle yesterday, though in reality struggling to get anything done, in three cities for work this week, simply don't have any gaps todo anything and I'm experiencing pain like never before with a plantar fasciitis issue. I think I wrote the book of excuses.....

I've been on holidays last week. Started well and was doing a lot of training, but a wonky lower back has seen me spending more time at the breakfast buffet than out running.

I think I'll be up a couple of kilos by the time I return home.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Ok the tough grind back has started with 24km through the gentle hills of Canberra yesterday.

91.7kg

100cm

That's a long hill run Nealo.

88.7 this morning after a roll on the bike after a week in Fiji.

Lets rock n roll Nealo!!!!

89kg again, but down to 98.5cm. I expect (hope) the fat is slowly coming off the waist and I'm adding muscle to the upper body with the swimming.

OK Nealo,

Long weekend and Grand Final is over, Christmas parties are way off, sun is out, its on.

1565208-donkey_kong_collectible.jpg

88.6kg Friday 11th

90.6kg Monday 14th

94.2kg Today 26th

5.6kg in 15days

ha ha beer is a killer!

Not trying to lose weight really, but with the extra training and cutting down on the grog, my clothes are all baggy on me, but interestingly I've only lost 1kg, down to 74 from 75... weird.

This game is bullshit!

Good the whole week bar Sunday arvo which included 4 mid strength beers.

Seriously think there's something wrong with me.

Not going down without a fight Rox!

Sitting here at a comfortable 75 kg. Up about 1 kg since the thread started. Down about 8 kg this year. The most I ever weighed was about 91 kg, around 6 years ago. I hated it, and even though I didn't get it down immediately, I worked in a gym hitting at that time 76 kg after maybe a year. I let that drift to 83 and was around that weight until had another push this year. HFLC as posted elsewhere, on other threads.

I want to ask you guys, some very respectable forum members and triathletes, how you got up way over 100 kg? I mean, I understand weight gain over time, but 110 kg and up is grossly obese. 110 kg is 242 lbs.

How did you guys who are athletes or ex triathletes, let it get up so high?

I never made it over 100kg, because at 99 I decided that ws enough, but it was the change of lifestyle. For years I was incredibly active. I trained for a minimum of 3 sports since I was a kid. In my 20's I did at least 20hrs a week of Tri training, raced most weekends, played touch, squash, and worked climbing TV towers.

In my late 20's I stopped triathlons cold turkey, got an office job, and only played the occassional game of touch. Unfortunately I kept the diet that fuelled my previous lifestyle.

• Like 1

67. I've lost 6.5 kgs in last 8/9 weeks.

Happy. But not quite there yet. Ie no one has asked me if I am sick :).

Edited by Mjainoz

I want to ask you guys, some very respectable forum members and triathletes, how you got up way over 100 kg? I mean, I understand weight gain over time, but 110 kg and up is grossly obese. 110 kg is 242 lbs.

Its simply Laziness / lack of Focus....

generally i hover mid 80's to mid 90's....currently the mid 90's...

however i have been both sides of the scale.....115kg..when was working full time. ...studying part time..and partying the other time available...it or I got ugly....uglier than usual...

however have also been a bit leaner...raced IM at 80kg...

over past two years have gone from 85 to 97 ...due to changes in life that occurred and a lapse in focus...and now looking to making ammends somehow.....

• Like 1

Sitting here at a comfortable 75 kg. Up about 1 kg since the thread started. Down about 8 kg this year. The most I ever weighed was about 91 kg, around 6 years ago. I hated it, and even though I didn't get it down immediately, I worked in a gym hitting at that time 76 kg after maybe a year. I let that drift to 83 and was around that weight until had another push this year. HFLC as posted elsewhere, on other threads.

Neither respectable nor a triathlete but I will share anyway

I have never officially measured on a scale above 100 - thank god for that.

But it is incredibly easy for me to put on weight. 2 months ago I was sitting comfortably on 87kgs - went to europe for work and the routine was thrown out of window - put on 6 kgs just like that (less than 3 weeks) - I'm neither a big drinker (maximum 3 beers/wine/spirits a day) or was binging on gelato etc - in fact was walking 10-15k's most days - still pick up weight because I was eating bread again. Same scenario has happened to me in the past as well. Everytime I go to India for family reunions the wheat heavy meals have me zoom up on the scales in no time. 1 month to put weight on - 6 months to lose it.

I'm back to my routine again but It is an absolute bitch to drop the weight back again. Thankfully my waist hasn't expanded exponentially like it used to. could still fit in the clothes but they feel a bit form fitting

• Like 1

Not sure, I'm an all or nothing type person and tend to sink myself into things 110%. I can make excuses like everyone but I guess it's just different priorities.

I changed jobs August last year and basically gave up a life outside of work and family. It wasn't that I couldn't handle the job, there was simply that much to do, where ever I looked. You lift up a rock and go fark me, whilst I'm fixing things, incredible change was also occurring that had to be communicated and delivered upon. I was rising at 4am and getting home at 6p, sometimes later, evenings and weekends with the family, but back working by 9p and living on 5 hrs sleep a night. There just wasn't time for exercise, sure a few exceptions, but not many. You then find because you are working so much, your diet choices are ordinary. I'd pretty much righted the ship by December but where I work, that's an ordinary month.

Went into a new role in late January, which changed things a bit in terms of less mental helter skelter but a new field I hadn't worked in for twenty years and whilst I brought a bucket of operational experience and credibility with me, I was playing on the same field as the theorists so had to get my knowledge up quickly, again that simply takes time out of your day.

From there, I changed roles again in April, taking on another role that sees me travelling all over the place and managing staff and function across most of Australia. I simply can't exercise if I work all day, jump on a plane to Darwin from 7.30p to 11p, then starting work at 6am the next morning. I probably care too much and sacrifice myself but it's always what I've done.

I could back the work off, but that little voice goes..., you should be working. I need to get better at this, it's not delegation issues or anything like that, it's simply taking too much on, and sadly when I get things to an acceptable level I tend to get thrown in another fire. It's always been the same, with uni, I leave a 5000 word essay to the night before and write at 500 words an hour fully referenced. I love pressure, I thrive on it and I have no issue at all jumping in the deep end and seeing what floats.

In terms of personal choice, I eat bad, could make better choices but I also don't make ridiculous choices. For instance, I haven't been to McDonald's in the last period of time. I drink, pretty much only drink beer, been like that since I was 15. I don't drink that much any more but will when out or away. Even then, went to GF on Sunday night, only had three beers.

My genetic history is all over the place. I am big boned... Lol. My mothers mother was 5ft even, my fathers grandfather was a jockey. My fathers mothers side is my body build, 160 years on the land out near hampton on caves rd. They are big people from all that protein and hard work. They store fat easily, they shed weight easily too.

I started this thread for public humiliation and accountability, and maybe eventually to lose some weight. Started strong, full maff, but backed it off as my time diminished and carrying the worst plantar fas injury I've ever had which is preventing me from foot based exercise.

Anyway, had some numbers done last week

5.4mmol blood glucose

5.24mmil cholesterol

1.21mmol hdl cholesterol

65 hear rate.... It was heaps lower once

137/85 blood pressure, this is worrying, use to be much better

195.8cms height.... Pissed with this, my back is compressing

Weight 118

Bmi- plus 30

Waist 115cm

I know I need to address things, will be starting another role shortly which will cut down my air time but probably increase my road time. Time will tell if that's good or not.

I've bought a ski which I'm starting to use on weekends, I'm hoping daylight savings enables the mtn bike a bit more and I might even go for a swim.

There's a ramble of excuses on how I got to 118kgs.

Last time I did IM half fit I was 98kgs. Last time I did it fit, 94kgs, pulse of 34 resting. My blood pressure use to be about 110/70.

Some work to do.... Is this like Alcoholics Anonymous and it's good to talk about it..... Lol

• Like 1

Give it a crack for a month Oompa, be interesting to see how you go. Take Nealo and Roxii along for the ride

Not sure, I'm an all or nothing type person and tend to sink myself into things 110%. I can make excuses like everyone but I guess it's just different priorities.

I changed jobs August last year and basically gave up a life outside of work and family. It wasn't that I couldn't handle the job, there was simply that much to do, where ever I looked. You lift up a rock and go fark me, whilst I'm fixing things, incredible change was also occurring that had to be communicated and delivered upon. I was rising at 4am and getting home at 6p, sometimes later, evenings and weekends with the family, but back working by 9p and living on 5 hrs sleep a night. There just wasn't time for exercise, sure a few exceptions, but not many. You then find because you are working so much, your diet choices are ordinary. I'd pretty much righted the ship by December but where I work, that's an ordinary month.

Went into a new role in late January, which changed things a bit in terms of less mental helter skelter but a new field I hadn't worked in for twenty years and whilst I brought a bucket of operational experience and credibility with me, I was playing on the same field as the theorists so had to get my knowledge up quickly, again that simply takes time out of your day.

From there, I changed roles again in April, taking on another role that sees me travelling all over the place and managing staff and function across most of Australia. I simply can't exercise if I work all day, jump on a plane to Darwin from 7.30p to 11p, then starting work at 6am the next morning. I probably care too much and sacrifice myself but it's always what I've done.

I could back the work off, but that little voice goes..., you should be working. I need to get better at this, it's not delegation issues or anything like that, it's simply taking too much on, and sadly when I get things to an acceptable level I tend to get thrown in another fire. It's always been the same, with uni, I leave a 5000 word essay to the night before and write at 500 words an hour fully referenced. I love pressure, I thrive on it and I have no issue at all jumping in the deep end and seeing what floats.

In terms of personal choice, I eat bad, could make better choices but I also don't make ridiculous choices. For instance, I haven't been to McDonald's in the last period of time. I drink, pretty much only drink beer, been like that since I was 15. I don't drink that much any more but will when out or away. Even then, went to GF on Sunday night, only had three beers.

My genetic history is all over the place. I am big boned... Lol. My mothers mother was 5ft even, my fathers grandfather was a jockey. My fathers mothers side is my body build, 160 years on the land out near hampton on caves rd. They are big people from all that protein and hard work. They store fat easily, they shed weight easily too.

I started this thread for public humiliation and accountability, and maybe eventually to lose some weight. Started strong, full maff, but backed it off as my time diminished and carrying the worst plantar fas injury I've ever had which is preventing me from foot based exercise.

Anyway, had some numbers done last week

5.4mmol blood glucose

5.24mmil cholesterol

1.21mmol hdl cholesterol

65 hear rate.... It was heaps lower once

137/85 blood pressure, this is worrying, use to be much better

195.8cms height.... Pissed with this, my back is compressing

Weight 118

Bmi- plus 30

Waist 115cm

I know I need to address things, will be starting another role shortly which will cut down my air time but probably increase my road time. Time will tell if that's good or not.

I've bought a ski which I'm starting to use on weekends, I'm hoping daylight savings enables the mtn bike a bit more and I might even go for a swim.

There's a ramble of excuses on how I got to 118kgs.

Last time I did IM half fit I was 98kgs. Last time I did it fit, 94kgs, pulse of 34 resting. My blood pressure use to be about 110/70.

Some work to do.... Is this like Alcoholics Anonymous and it's good to talk about it..... Lol

That was deeply insightful, so I'm glad I posted the question.

A few times I went overboard getting overly involved with work, notably when my 2 daughters attended college in the USA and I had to add financial support to their scholarships.

Started pulling extra shifts and moonlighting on the weekend to the point where my then wife was trying to hold me back from going to work. I found out then, that despite pulling my kids through, no one really understands, why you are working so hard. They might even stand back and point the finger at you. I did it when I had to, but it was 3-4 years maximum. And yes it affected me.

I reckon stop that cycle as soon as you can. Are others, your peers pulling the same kind of gruelling schedule, or is it only you who thinks you have to do it?

Peers too, exactly the same. Mind you I have nowhere near as many peers as I use too.

It is what it is, we all have choices, we choose to stay. Don't really want to discuss work in any detail at all so won't. Don't take that the wrong way, I just dont talk shop in any detail on social media.

Comfort eating and no exercise

• Like 1

Jimbo.... Serious question, do you think comfort food exists or is it just a marketing term for excuse ?

I eat, but I wouldn't say it brings me comfort. Thoughts ?

My thoughts are addiction.

Addiction to sugar.

Addiction to alcohol.

Addiction to nicotine.

Addiction to drugs (of many varieties).

Addiction to gambling.

I'm just not sure of the theory side of things. Why can't you become addicted to water? Apples? Vacuuming? Hair cuts? Driving?

Personally i know I have an addictive personalty. I'm thankful that I grew up detesting smoking. I avoid gambling because for some reason I enjoy that thrill, the battle.

But for some reason that I don't understand, I love food. I love textures, tastes etc.

I also know that food affects me differently to other people, it's not an excuse and it's only something I'm beginning to understand and accept but humans aren't all built equal.

Maybe not comfort eating, but emotional eating.

I'll scoff down because: I'm tired, I'm pissed off, I'm depressed, I'm bored or just about any other thing.

Maybe not comfort eating, but emotional eating.

I'll scoff down because: I'm tired, I'm pissed off, I'm depressed, I'm bored or just about any other thing.

Same same.

Can devour great amounts without feeling it when upset / stressed. I wonder if I starved in a past life ....

67. I've lost 6.5 kgs in last 8/9 weeks.

Happy. But not quite there yet. Ie no one has asked me if I am sick :).

I'm 73, 74 and would like to lose a bit more, but am worried I'll look like a little boy.

I know what you mean, and it in part relates to the comments we've been making on the Fitness Age thread. I'm seriously overweight at the moment, at nearly 90kg. I feel it, and I look it. 5 years ago I was mid 80's and still overweight, but didn't look as bad. Then 3 years ago I got down to 77kg due to diet issues where I was restricted in what I could eat. Although much lighter, my BMI was "mid range acceptable" for my height, and ideally I would have liked to have been another 3 or 4kg lighter. Everybody I knew, even family who knew me when I was 73kg in my 20's kept commenting on how sick I looked, and that I needed to put on weight.

FFS, I was "ideal weight" and everybody told me I was too skinny. Average is far from ideal.

Jimbo.... Serious question, do you think comfort food exists or is it just a marketing term for excuse ?

I eat, but I wouldn't say it brings me comfort. Thoughts ?

I guess I should have clarified that I was referring to myself. And I mean eating lots of tasty stuff for short term pleasure regardless of long term detriment

Just like any addiction, it's probably hard to understand from the outside looking in

Tonight has been a prime example of my current state.

Ate pretty well all day at work - vitabrits, nuts & yogurt, toasted sanga.

Got home at 4.

2 ice creams, 2 custard scrolls, large bowl of chicken tonight pasta, extra bowl of pasta because I didn't have a suitable bowl to store it in.

Just double checked the cupboards and fridge for more, just because.

Currently slobbing on the couch in equal measures of self loathing and regret.