Bored@work

Collingwood players positive - clenbuterol

Just watched the news & two muppets from Collingwood are blaming a positive test on pingers.

Is clenbuterol normally found in disco biscuits?

The club has promised to resign them as rookies & blamed the AFL for not doing enough. I may be a sceptic but it sounded like "shut your mouth & we will resign you"

What do others think?

Just watched the news & two muppets from Collingwood are blaming a positive test on lingers.

Is clenbuterol normally found in disco biscuits?

The club has promised to resign them as rookies & blamed the AFL for not doing enough. I may be a sceptic but it sounded like "shut your mouth & we will resign you"

What do others think?

Pingers or Lingers!!!???

So does walking into an ASADA hearing and saying the clenbuterol must have come from the illicit drugs they took lead to a police investigation & charges?

So does walking into an ASADA hearing and saying the clenbuterol must have come from the illicit drugs they took lead to a police investigation & charges?

waste of resources

Rumour I heard was they were snorting coke in a bar in St Kilda... I'm sure NZ were really happy with them blaming the meat.

Wow. So their defense is that it must have been in the coke they were snorting? And we're supposed to feel sorry for them?

Unbelievable.

Wow. So their defense is that it must have been in the coke they were snorting? And we're supposed to feel sorry for them?

Unbelievable.

And the club is going to resign them after the ban because they are such good prospects. I wonder if they partied with Carmichael when they were up here playing the Suns?

I just think it's really sad that we're now in a situation where sportsmen think it's more acceptable to plead guilty to taking illicit drugs than PEDs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I just think it's really sad that we're now in a situation where sportsmen think it's more acceptable to plead guilty to taking illicit drugs than PEDs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

And the fans will accept it as they just wanna watch guys playing cracking football - no matter what

And the fans will accept it as they just wanna watch guys playing cracking football - no matter what

"Cracking" football......nice work. I see what you did there. :shocking:

• Like 1

more acceptable to plead guilty to taking illicit drugs than PEDs.

Most illicit drugs are only a game day violation for wada.

Taking PEDS is an anytime violation.

They are positioning it as inadvertent PED use, not deliberate PED use.

For blokes who have to try to come back in ~18 months, better to have been a dumb kid using a bit of coke than the bloke who was trying to cheat.

AFL has their own rules.

Eddie is clashing head to head with the AFL so the AFL aren't going to support Collingwood.

AFL love bomber and melbourne so they can get away with anything.

Despite all that the AFl need to treat "Rec drugs" like PED's. Until then they tread drugs like a joke and therefore the AFl is a joke.

When these guys tests were initially revealed Eddie stated that he was going to march them to the gates if they were convicted. Guess he changed his mind?

waste of resources

I often hear that & it confuses me. I assumed there is a signed statement saying they took the coke. So if I walked into a police station with a personal use amount of coke in my pocket, it'd be a waste of resources charging me?

A real waste of resources is the police turning up to my nephew's 20th party 3 times before 10pm because a neighbour a few doors up couldn't watch a movie without having to shut the window.

When these guys tests were initially revealed Eddie stated that he was going to march them to the gates if they were convicted. Guess he changed his mind?

prob because they didnt take the drug to cheat.

Just a side effect to having a fun night with 3-4 hookers.

prob because they didnt take the drug to cheat.

Just a side effect to having a fun night with 3-4 hookers.

Something Eddie can relate too?

My recollection may be a little hazy (nothing to do with hookers and drugs, I promise) but I think they lads were already running with this defence when he made the initial call so probably more likely taht Ed received a call from the AFLPA.

Coke is often cut with clenbuterol and other substances - as the clenbuterol opens the airways, giving more oxygen, which increases the high. By improving the high, you can leave less cocaine in the mix and thus make your gear go further and make more money.

Coke is often cut with clenbuterol and other substances - as the clenbuterol opens the airways, giving more oxygen, which increases the high. By improving the high, you can leave less cocaine in the mix and thus make your gear go further and make more money.

This is why I love Trannies.

Only 2 out of around 1000 (guess) on the AFL playing list. Oh there was one other had a tained drink bottle, so that's 3. Pretty remarkable record really. (Ignoring Essendon).

800 or so in senior lists in the AFL. Aside from these 2, there was a player suspended for 2 years in 2013 for match day PED (poorly labelled pre-workout drink) and another this year for opiate based painkiller on match day (taking someone else's painkillers).

Edited by lucky7

Only 2 out of around 1000 (guess) on the AFL playing list. Oh there was one other had a tained drink bottle, so that's 3. Pretty remarkable record really. (Ignoring Essendon).

Not really considering they have the three strikes policy ( which is a joke) for illicit drugs

And we all know just cause these none or low amount of positive test doesn't mean they arnt on the gear

It just means the doctors and methods are well ahead of the testers , which has shown in history time and time again

Cheers

IVP

And we all know just cause these none or low amount of positive test doesn't mean they arnt on the gear

It just means the doctors and methods are well ahead of the testers , which has shown in history time and time again

Cheers

IVP

Yep.

I'm as big a sceptic about any elite sport/athleticism as anyone. Was being a bit ironic really :)

Had many an argument with some friends who are avid sports fans and participants, about doping in sport (and Essendon in particular, not that I think it is limited to them). One who refused to allow any doubt about LA prior to The Big Confession, despite the growing body of evidence. That was after Marion Jones who we watched at the Sydney olympics, the Dirtiest Race in History (or similar, 100m in Seoul) etc etc. He really bites when I suggest it's probably in tennis too (Fuentes? I think where some blood bags were found with tennis player's names).

It's killing sport (along with gambling) ...

• Like 1

Yep.

I'm as big a sceptic about any elite sport/athleticism as anyone. Was being a bit ironic really :)

Had many an argument with some friends who are avid sports fans and participants, about doping in sport (and Essendon in particular, not that I think it is limited to them). One who refused to allow any doubt about LA prior to The Big Confession, despite the growing body of evidence. That was after Marion Jones who we watched at the Sydney olympics, the Dirtiest Race in History (or similar, 100m in Seoul) etc etc. He really bites when I suggest it's probably in tennis too (Fuentes? I think where some blood bags were found with tennis player's names).

It's killing sport (along with gambling) ...

lcouldnt agree more with all your posts LS

Cheers

IVP

Yes gambling will be the next thing that starts to taint sport even more , once people start looking a little deeper. No one wants to look into gambling as agin it's all about $$$$$

Clenbuterol - the Double Bay drug - used by generations of Eastern suburbs princesses to help maintain their svelte curves....as I understand it, was/is in most asthma puffers. Now why do a lot of these pro cyclists have asthma?

Clenbuterol - the Double Bay drug - used by generations of Eastern suburbs princesses to help maintain their svelte curves....as I understand it, was/is in most asthma puffers. Now why do a lot of these pro cyclists have asthma?

Could well be, but the people who told me the reason for cutting coke with it aren't usually all that concerned about their client's figure