Sign in to follow this  
Clappers

City to Surf 2015

It's my first city to surf, so who's in? Are any Trannies hanging around for a few post race light refreshments?

• Like 1

I'm in mate, and will defo be there for some beers afterwards - be good to catch-up!

Hotel Bondi is usually the go, meet at the front area (next to the street)? You run past the hotel before the final u-turn to the finishing straight, so easy to find.

We should pack our Trannies Hat in the gear bags!

I'm in the Red group, but won't do it justice - damned hammy not right, and therefore zero training - a few pints will therefore be very welcome!

i'm in blue group I'll be dressed as Luke Skywalker I'll be using all my Jedi powers to get a red group qualifier for next year.

I should be in the ambo tent at the end - even after walking. I'll keep an eye out for you clappers and Ten Pints.

FM

May the force be with you.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing you there Flanman!

Pop in for a 'hello' RBR even if you can't stay for a beer - and good luck at the pointy end of things!

I'm In, running with 12 year old son. We're off from Blue group

That's awesome, my 12 year old son refused because he would have to get up too early.

Just thought I'd ask the question. Is anyone going to the expo to pickup bibs and wouldn't mind doing a pickup of 2 bibs for me? Ill come get them from your house/accom if you can. My wife is flying in saturday morning and was going to drive out to the expo and pick them up but it sounds like it might be a bit tough for someone who doesn't handle stressful situations...

Hey Brett, if you're staying in Manly I know someone who might be able to help. I think they will need your e-tickets or something like that?

Hi rog yeah we are staying in manly. That would be awesome if you do know someone. Do you to check with them and then pm me their email address and ill send through mine and my wifes etickets.

Yep, fronting up again. I'm bound to be at the Bondi Hotel at some stage. Better pack the trannie cap.

I will be walking again this year. Last year I was just getting over illness and was barely able to walk it and this year was going to run it with my boss (his 40th C2S). But 4 weeks ago he came off his bike and broke his collarbone so we are gonna be walking again :)

• Like 1

Hi rog yeah we are staying in manly. That would be awesome if you do know someone. Do you to check with them and then pm me their email address and ill send through mine and my wifes etickets.

RBR, my kit was posted so not going to the Expo, but I have a meeting in the City at 8pm tomorrow. If you're really stuck, then I can head in a bit earlier and make the trek out to Moore Park and pick up your kit.

RBR, my kit was posted so not going to the Expo, but I have a meeting in the City at 8pm tomorrow. If you're really stuck, then I can head in a bit earlier and make the trek out to Moore Park and pick up your kit.

Tenpints that's an awesome offer mate but there is no way I can make you do that. If Rog mate falls through then Jen will just have to head in and pick it up. This is our first year we left it too late to have it mailed to us.

Tenpints that's an awesome offer mate but there is no way I can make you do that. If Rog mate falls through then Jen will just have to head in and pick it up. This is our first year we left it too late to have it mailed to us.

I'll PM you my mobile mate, just in case. As long as you ping me by around 5pm, that should give me enough time to get it and get to my meeting.

PM sent.

On a separate note, don't miss the opportunity of having a swim with the B&B while you're here. The water is a bit chilly but so clear. 6:30am or 7am start everyday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday upwards of 100 people swimming.

This is what it looks like now...

1A7C414C-CD9E-4A40-80DA-717AC1A87C6D.jpg

Thought it was about time I got back on here to find out who's going to the C2S, but it looks like you guys have got it covered.

I won't be there for a fast time, just a good time! Hopefully it will get me motivated to get back into it!

As per usual I will be at Maloney's the night before for a Guinness (in memory of a good mate) and then at the Hotel Bondi straight after the event. I owe a few people some beers so now's your chance to come and claim them... Flanman bring your Stubby Holder and I'll put one in it for you. Ten Pints, I owe you a couple!

Will be great to catch up with everyone.

It's a great event, good luck folks!

I'm in. WAS hoping for a PB but something went twang in my calf yesterday evening. Hoping it'll come good for Sunday. Compression socks and ice are my current prescription. Are we all ready?

One, Two, Three, Awwwwwww

GE, my social club will be providing me beers and food afterwards on the beach. I will however try and stick my head in to see you and Ten Pints. Clappers may be at the start as Luke Skywalker - I'll be Jabba the Hutt (or was that Pizza the Hutt?).

Have fun all - PBs or getting around. You too BogF - if it doesn't happen just enjoy the day. 17C and fine.

See you there, with all the other 70,000.

FM

Looking forward to it Mick. Too much 'Pizza The Hut' will make you look like 'Jabba The Hut'! I'll try and track you down at the finish - how hard could it be to find one person amongst 80,000!!!

I'll try to remember to take the Tranny Hat! (Not that it makes me any easier to see in a crowd - Maybe I need some Tranny Socks!).

Great to hear that you are having a run Clappers. Hopefully we'll both be quicker than the last time we ran together! Is Mrs Clappers having a run? She's a fair runner I believe, I take it she'll be dressed as Princess Leia!

PS - How'd you go with getting your BIB No's sorted RBR?
Also good luck with getting your Preferred Start - Based on your previous results you'll do it easy!

Rog has our bibs. So stoked cause my wife was very concerned with going there tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind offer though Ill try catch up at the finish line.

Just need sub 52 to maintain preferred which is going to be touch and go with only starting some speed work in the past 3 weeks. It'll be fun none the less.

I might have to fly back to run this great race. Or more importantly catch up at the pub.

Its the event i miss most about not living in Sydney.

• Like 1

Just need sub 52 to maintain preferred which is going to be touch and go with only starting some speed work in the past 3 weeks. It'll be fun none the less.

Unless it's changed I think your time from last year covers you for next year anyway so don't go damaging yourself trying. You'd probably also qualify later at a 10k event if you had too. Much easier to lock it in Sunday if you can though.

Lucky bugger, my days of preferred starts are well and truly over. There's nothing better than rocking up 5 minutes before the race start, having your spot reserved and getting to do your warm-up up & down William Street while the packs of sardines looks on from behind the barricades.

Enjoy it mate!

Signed,

Sammy the Sardine

I might have to fly back to run this great race. Or more importantly catch up at the pub.

Its the event i miss most about not living in Sydney.

Agreed Ratty. Each year I spend 10 hours on a bus with about 30 others (mainly runners from our Wednesday Night Stubby Appreciation Society) just to attend this event. It's now an annual pilgrimage!

Can't really help you feeling homesick, but can provide some Tranny love for you!

http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=67974&hl=awesome

It's pretty amazing that C2S hasn't turned into a huge Tranny get together... It's easy to get to, it's not hard to train for, there's plenty of accommodation, lots of other things on for the partners and family, and you don't even need to do the event to have a great time. Maybe next year!

• Like 1

Btw just checked and you're right its locked in for 2 years ?

Is that true for other groups too? Not sure I'll get my Red Group again, so a carry over for next year would be good!

Trannie get together is a good idea GE, happy to have people stay at my place as a hotel alternative any time.

Is that true for other groups too?

I'm pretty sure they go back for up to 2 years of C2S results for all the groups where you need to submit a qualifying time.

Trannie get together is a good idea GE, happy to have people stay at my place as a hotel alternative any time.

Any chance of booking 30 people in for tomorrow night...? Nah, we're sorted but it's a mighty nice offer of yours TP.

It seems that half of the people on this site don't even race anymore so why not have a social weekend away anyway. Having it when there's an iconic event on that suits almost all ages and abilities just gives us an extra excuse to make it Sydney on the C2S weekend. Just a thought.

Mini Foz's (11 & 14) are run/walk/running in the Singapore Blue wave. We will be looking out for Luke SkyWalker.

Clappers junior has now decided he wants to enter so I'm dropping back to the yellow group with Ky Hurst and Rachel Finch and the Westpac Helicoptors

boooooooooooooooooooo!

Is this racist!!!![/quote

It's a tough one but I don't think Jedis come under the race discrination act 18C.

Edited by Clappers

Males winner in 42:15, which is ... slow. Pretty sure that Courtney Atkinson has done a comparable time back in about 2007 for about 7th. Even back in the Monaghetti era a 42 minute run would only be good for about 5th at best ...

It's a tough one but I don't think Jedis come under the race discrination act 18C.

Religious vilification.

I think most fun runs are like this now .more people enter but faster runners are on the decline.or targeting other races?

In the Sutherland to surf 11k people are getting pumped with a top 10 in say 36min ..

Back in the day..haha 36min would get you 50th spot. llody would win it in 31

I think most fun runs are like this now .more people enter but faster runners are on the decline.or targeting other races?

In the Sutherland to surf 11k people are getting pumped with a top 10 in say 36min ..

Back in the day..haha 36min would get you 50th spot. llody would win it in 31

not quite...35.30 or so got you top 15 in the 80s and early 90s

definitely not the same depth

Awesome effort by Jnr Shuffla...I'm on a train with no toilets...I'm in big trouble now!

Awesome day, great to catch up with Flanman, Go Easy and RBR again at the pub..and thanks to Flanman and Jnr Flanman for the company on the walk to the train station.

Managed to go sub 70, but no PB this time.

Great to catch up with you too tenpints.

I also managed to hold onto my preferred start for another two years :-)

another great city to surf morning.

Wow, my 11 year old daughter just ran 1:10. 15 min PB. I better train for next year or I am in big trouble.

Make her pay her own entry.

• Like 1

Yes, an absolute cracker of a day. Lots of bands and fun along the way. I reckon its the best finish line o f any race I've ran through. 2 kms out and seeing the surf and sand. It really makes life worth enjoying. good to see Go Easy before he got the bus home. A nice beer with Ten Pints and Jr Flanman before the walk up to the trains. sorry I missed you RBR n others. Another box ticked. Onward and upwards now.

FM

• Like 1

Agreed Flanman, a top day!

Great to catch up with everyone again, pity I had a bus to catch - but then again that's another experience in itself anyway!

Congrats on getting yourself another 2 years of 'preferred starts' RBR. Flanman, I got to put my new stubby holder to good use, so thanks again. And Ten Pints, you know my thoughts, you're a champ mate just keep doing what you do!

• Like 1

Just read a bit about the medals.

Surely the result of an advertising committee decision that one!