Peter

Top Gear - Now . . . The Grand Tour

I have a firestick, I don't know what Kodi does?

Kodi is software that lets you watch everything for free, Sky, HBO, Netflix etc. Google it. (so a guy in a pub told me)

Kodi is a free media software program, I think it used to be xbmc?? I looked at using it for my media pc but have stuck with media portal.

It's not a program for circumventing regions, though maybe it has some community add ons, say like a vpn, that will do the job for you.

Edited by goughy

Kodi is a free media software program, I think it used to be xbmc?? I looked at using it for my media pc but have stuck with media portal.

Yep, Kodi is essentially a X-Platform implementation of the old Windows Media Centre app, originally called Xbox Media Centre (XBMC).

MediaPortal is a branched development (fork) of XBMC, but is only available for Windows.

MediaPortal is basically a Windows-only version of Kodi, with most of the annoying issues/shortcomings resolved and a slicker user-interface.

As a replacement for the old Windows Media Centre (e.g. for Windows-10) I’d personally choose MediaPortal over Kodi.

However, for non-Windows people, MediaPortal is not an option, and Kodi is still a pretty good Media Centre type of app.

I stuck with mediaportal because initially xbmc didn't have support for recording tv. Mediaportal also seemed to have more options in settings, which made it both easier and harder to use at the same time.

Just read that The Grand Tour may not get renewed for another season...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Just read that The Grand Tour may not get renewed for another season...

This has ruined my day. Do you have a link?

27 minutes ago, goughy said:

I don't think it will be renewed but that article is a bit presumptuous saying it's been axed.  I read the story on the weekend, Wilman said they have not been approached about signing yet. Probably amounts to the same thing.

Theyre all laughing all the way to the bank anyway.

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I don't think it will be renewed but that article is a bit presumptuous saying it's been axed.  I read the story on the weekend, Wilman said they have not been approached about signing yet. Probably amounts to the same thing.

Hmmm..... I'm reading it as a bit of non-news to be honest... Here's hoping anyway.

Also, Clarkson only worth £30m? Seems rather low...

16 hours ago, FatPom said:

Yeah they aren't struggling for a $$ thats for sure.

I see Clarkson is now the new host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire in the UK.

And Clarkson is 56 they were saying in a EP last week. He looks 70.  

He clearly has fun spending that cash too.