Sign in to follow this  
VeloKyniska

La Course 2015 - Tipping Comp

La Course,
Sunday 26/7/14.

Women's Race on the Champs Elysées, as per the final stage in the TDF.
13 laps (6.85km per lap) total of 89km.
Race starts at 1:30pm French time (9:30pm AEST) on Sunday the 26th July.

Select 8 riders with a total value of no more than 100 credits.
Points are awarded for the first 5 of the first 11 laps (as per sprint comp), Points for the top 20 overall race result and also the top 3 young rider race result and top 3 in the sprint jersey comp.

Since this is a one day race I've kept rider values low so you'll be able to select quite a few top line riders and with points available for the top 5 per lap it opens it up to a fair bit of chance for riders a few extra points

Registration is open so get your teams in.

No Prizes.

Check your team prior to race start for any rider changes (if any).
Rider substitutions are made in the event of late withdrawals, the incoming rider will take their place in any team.

http://velokyniska.com/default.asp

SBS

Tour De France Review show 9:30pm

La Course - 10:30pm-12am then TDF final stage follows.live 12am-4am

La Course will be live on the Tour Tracker App.

Actual Race starts at 9:30pm AEST must be a delayed telecast by SBS as they list 10:30pm.

TrevS.

Edited by VeloKyniska

I got mine in this morning. It's a sad indication of the mainstream media's view of women's cycling that there were probably only 5 or 6 names i knew from the list.

Riding like a group of Triathletes. There's falls everywhere. Road looks as slippery as hell, and at the last big pile-up, a girl came down behind it, just braking. Her wheels just went out from under her.

That was Elena Cecchini, quite a fast sprinter and would have been a shot in the sprint.

She lost the front caught it then lost it again having to brake hard with nowhere to go.

Very slippery in the wet on those roads.

A great aggressive race, lots of attacks and riders trying to get away

Brilliant late attack by Van Der Breggen to score the win, with the thin numbers left towards the end made the chase hard to get going.

Given the women's team consist of 6 riders it makes it so much harder to control the pace especially if any have lost or held up in crashes.

I reckon the men's Grand Tours should drop team numbers to 7 and have shorter stages which will all aid in encouraging a more attacking and harder to control style of race.

Of the many who fell (some multiple times) on the wet cobbles, Here's the main injury list.

CK2ncSPWsAAfLog.jpg

Pos. Team Name Score
1. Crash Bang Wallop 90
2. Garin Express 63
3. VeloKyniska 62
4. GDJ 57
5. LuLuLaCourse 42
6. On The Champs 39
7. team 60956 23
8. Hasbeens Heros 21

It was weird that the Final Stage of the mens was cut short due to the bad weather. Tthey seemed to swan around the Champs-Élysées, taking it relatively easy on the corners. The women didn't have that luxury and had to race on regardless as that single day of racing was all they were given.

Good to see Hasbeen exhibit his commitment to equality by stinking up the joint in women's and men's tipping :D

• Like 1

I never could pick a good woman, let alone 8 of them.

Good to see Hasbeen exhibit his commitment to equality by stinking up the joint in women's and men's tipping :D

You & me Tyno. Vuelta. Loser's shout next time we're in the same town. :cheers:

• Like 1

I don't think all that crashing around the Champs-Élysées did any favours to promote female cycling.