Sign in to follow this  
rory-dognz

Fatbiking in Wanaka

Just gloating that I have had two days mtbing in Wanaka this week.

I used a Specialized fatboy fatbike from one of the local bike shops. It was great riding the non technical trials i choose to do. The bike being the entry level could do with a diet; like me. Alot of fun more so that my usual mtb.

Beautiful scenery and few people.

I made decision not to snowboard in near perfect conditions to go for today's ride and it was the best option.

This should go on peoples bucket lists.

Just gloating that I have had two days mtbing in Wanaka this week.

I used a Specialized fatboy fatbike from one of the local bike shops. It was great riding the non technical trials i choose to do. The bike being the entry level could do with a diet; like me. Alot of fun more so that my usual mtb.

Beautiful scenery and few people.

I made decision not to snowboard in near perfect conditions to go for today's ride and it was the best option.

This should go on peoples bucket lists.

Yeh, yeh, yeh... rub it in! :) Speaking of things "FAT"... Ironpo will have half a fat reading your post!

Edited by Chookman

Yeh, yeh, yeh... rub it in! :) Speaking of things "FAT"... Ironpo will have half a fat reading your post!

Nah mate

He rode a specialized , they weigh a ton LOL

Seriously

Sounds oursome all the same , the more fatbikeing going on the better, great fun

Rory Did the one you ride have a bluto fork?

Cheers

Ivp

No to the fork i think. It was fully rigid, bottom spec.

Did weigh a tonne.

But the scenery of Wanaka is spectacular so resting & pushing it up the hills was worth it.

Fatbike is almost certain to be the next addition to my bike collection. Then i can play at reducing it's weight.

going on a holiday to Egypt

do I take a MTB or a Fatbike?

there are gravel roads, tarmac and beaches where we are going. nothing that is in anyway technical

anything will have to be a real cheapy max 1-1.2 k as I will leave it there for when we go back next year.

Hired bike from "outside sports" in the main shop's. Snowfarm was to cold

• Like 1

Still miss Wanaka and haven't found anywhere as good as sticky forest and the plantation.

You're right about the views, how many places can you see a lake, snow capped mountains and a glacier.