Robster

Qualify for 2016 X-Tri Worlds

Get ready to qualify for the 2016 Cross Tri Worlds - details are on the TA website: http://goo.gl/WlSBo9

Just 4 1/2 months to the first race in Bendigo, Victoria: http://tre-x.com.au/?p=1490 Early bird entries are open now so make sure of your spot on the trail to the Snowies in 2016.

Edited by Robster

How many races are there to qualifie

And will you need to do more than one to qualifie in the 45/49 ?

Cheers

Ivp

There's 25 spots per age group for Australians, IvP, so you should be safe doing just 1 out of the 4 races, I assume. Do the February race in the Snowy Mountains and you get double points...

There's 25 spots per age group for Australians, IvP, so you should be safe doing just 1 out of the 4 races, I assume. Do the February race in the Snowy Mountains and you get double points...

Great

Thanks I'm doing an ultraman late nov so I wouldn't be able to get into it in till after Xmass anyways so the snowy race would suit

I could do one now, doings lots of Ks on the fatbike ATM

Cheers

IVP

I signed up knowing that I have next to zero chance but will have a crack!

Mate you gotta be in it to win it as they say

With 25 spots if you do a couple of races then you should be fine and prove me completely wrong (hopefully)

Cheers

IVP

Mate you gotta be in it to win it as they say

With 25 spots if you do a couple of races then you should be fine and prove me completely wrong (hopefully)

Cheers

IVP

Yup I believe in that and will race two races and see booked accommodation in Jundabyne already!

Thought I had zero chance qualifying for the Duathlon worlds and got very lucky in my qualifying race!

• Like 2

Am thinking of having a go at the race in Bendigo and possibly Crackenback in Feb 2016. I'm looking to get a 2nd hand 29er, have seen a nice specialized camber recently (110mm front and back) and an epic (100mm), will it be necessary to get a dualie or will a hardtail be ok? thinking that my run may suffer a bit if using a hardtail. The epics seem to be the best option, but it sounds like the specailized shock they use needs regular servicing whereas the camber seems like not too bad going up, and more fun descending...any other options anyone would recommend?

cheers

2015 the NZ qualifying race was "the dual" on Rangitoto. Google "the Dual". 2016 qualifier hasn't been announced yet, but just e-mail NZ tri. Don't think it will be over subscribed even though it's close as very few people even know it exists.

spudmonkey32 go dual suspension over hard tail as your body will thank you for it.

Camber v epic is kind of like road bike v TT bike, if you are only going to race XC then go the epic, but if you will spend more time playing on trails then go Camber. The Camber is light enough to race (it's not a downhill bike) XC but potentially slower then the Epic.

• Like 1