21 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Kyriois has a bye in the first round at Indian Wells, then if he gets through the 2nd round, will play Djokovic in the 3rd round. If he can keep his sh1t together & win, it would mean the top 3 scalps in 2 weeks. 

perhaps this tournament may be a normal best of 5 sets...

40 minutes ago, Prince said:

perhaps this tournament may be a normal best of 5 sets...

Normal? 

I thought there were only the 4 grand slams, and the Davis Cup where they played best of 5. A couple others may, but all the ATP tournaments are best of 3.

43 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Normal? 

I thought there were only the 4 grand slams, and the Davis Cup where they played best of 5. A couple others may, but all the ATP tournaments are best of 3.

oh, i didn't know that. i like best of 5 sets. 

40 minutes ago, Prince said:

oh, i didn't know that. i like best of 5 sets. 

I do too, but could imagine the toll it would take out of the top players that play 4 or 5 games a week, any of which could go to 5 hours plus. It would be like competing in an IM race a couple times a week for most of the season.

On 07/03/2019 at 8:33 AM, willie said:

Highly complex? Nah, I know him. He's a basic bitch with a massive head. His brother Kristos is a bigger **** wit than nic (however Nic wasn't always a douche). The thing I reckon he needs to do is get rid of the hangers on he always has around. I learnt a while ago the company you keep plays the biggest part in your trajectory. 

Claim to fame: I beat Nic in a match one time. Fair enough I'm a little older (8 years) and he was only 14 at the time, but I won and that's all anyone remembers :P He was only just starting to get really good at that point.

Willie - what about a 'claim to fame' thread? I cant start that thread cos I dont have anything to claim but I bet a lot of others do?

Nah he will be fine. 

What two bit tournament has a tree in the court.  

Edited by Peter

Nick had an interesting first round, winning the first 2 sets, losing the 3rd 6-0, then coming out to win the 4th 6-1. If he was a cricketer there'd be all sorts of investigations & allegations about betting fixes.

Anyway, it lines him up for a 2nd round clash against his best mate Nadal. This should be an interesting one, and if he happens to win, I'd just loooove to see the press conference. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nick had an interesting first round, winning the first 2 sets, losing the 3rd 6-0, then coming out to win the 4th 6-1. If he was a cricketer there'd be all sorts of investigations & allegations about betting fixes.

Anyway, it lines him up for a 2nd round clash against his best mate Nadal. This should be an interesting one, and if he happens to win, I'd just loooove to see the press conference. 

Especially if he throws in a couple of those underarm serves of his that get Raffa upset.

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It was a 5 set match not a 4 setter.

People complaining about Channel 7 not showing enough of Barty.

2 Points here.

a) Channel 7 should have paid enough to broadcast two channels to give viewers options.

b) Channel 7 were looking at Round 2 for Kyrgios V Nadal...... and knew people wanted to see this hence knew people would be watching the antics of Kyrgios.

But to their credit they did try to show both. 

I’ve never seen the number 1 seed and world number 1 open their Wimbledon campaign on an outside court. What’s going on there? I think the All England Club could show Ash a little more respect 

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

It was a 5 set match not a 4 setter.

People complaining about Channel 7 not showing enough of Barty.

2 Points here.

a) Channel 7 should have paid enough to broadcast two channels to give viewers options.

b) Channel 7 were looking at Round 2 for Kyrgios V Nadal...... and knew people wanted to see this hence knew people would be watching the antics of Kyrgios.

But to their credit they did try to show both. 

Fox kayo have the rights for multi channels. I thought ch7 can only show one channel at a time. 

Also nick will be out after tonight.  But ash will play plenty of games. 

Se nick was at the pub all last night. Haha 

Ash is playing at 8pm tonight (our time) and Nick at 1:30am. No problem showing both tonight.

3 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Ash is playing at 8pm tonight (our time) and Nick at 1:30am. No problem showing both tonight.

Unless Ash's game goes to 5 se.......

Oh hang on that's right!!!   :lol: