What Nick said might not have been right to say but I still haven't read anywhere what he said wasn't true.

Therefore I conclude Nick only spoke the truth. Then again people don't like hearing the truth.

Tennis was boring as batshit with Pete Sampras etc...

John mcenroe was an arsehole but at least he made tennis interesting.

I saw to Nick, go for it.

We need good and bad in life unless we would all be Yoga Loving skinny bastards.

What Nick said might not have been right to say but I still haven't read anywhere what he said wasn't true.

Therefore I conclude Nick only spoke the truth. Then again people don't like hearing the truth.

We need good and bad in life unless we would all be Yoga Loving skinny bastards.

we can handle the truth.

Kyrios has a long way to go before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as Mac. Mac also didnt have a go at his opponents, it was more the umpires and linesman. we like people that make australia proud not degrade us. If he was winning and had a few grand slams under his belt, he may get away with a bit, but at the moment, i just see a brat who makes me like Anthony Mundine.

Good point Slacker. Look at Jimmy Connors in that video. Never in the history of tennis was there a bigger 'dickhead', yet he was loved by the Americans. He loved to 'put on a show' and he didn't care about anyone else. See below a classic Connors line:

Connors said he never felt bad about doing whatever it took to win. “Both of us are trying to do a job out there, and that’s to kick each other’s a--,” he said

Speaking of tennis player press conferences, I miss Andy Roddick - some vintage form here:

Re the article linked above, I honestly don't see anything that bad. If he wasn't a flamboyant personality with a reputation, it wouldn't have rated a story.

Did anyone see Victor Troicki blow up after he loss his 2nd round match. Made our boy Nick look like an angel.

One of the best I've ever seen. Mind you, having an over-rule on match point would put you on edge.

Truth is like poetry .... and people f*&king hate poetry!

Then again, the way that tool behaves, Nick K will end up like poetry as well. Just no need for it. Pull your head in, you tool!

oh dear...he has done it again.

he said he 'tanked' because he is working on his mental strength. nick, you need to work on it by trying, you fricken knob.

• Like 1

oh dear...he has done it again.

he said he 'tanked' because he is working on his mental strength. nick, you need to work on it by trying, you fricken knob.

Until lst night he has been on a roll for the last 6 weeks - including what seems to be a very good mental focus. He had a lot to play for this week as another title would see him close to the top 10. In my view - from the TV highlights - last night was the worst I've seen him. I just wonder given the rapid change in temperament he is suffering from bipolar ...

Until lst night he has been on a roll for the last 6 weeks - including what seems to be a very good mental focus. He had a lot to play for this week as another title would see him close to the top 10. In my view - from the TV highlights - last night was the worst I've seen him. I just wonder given the rapid change in temperament he is suffering from bipolar ...

He's suffering a bad case of entitlement and dickhead syndrome. The guy's a top 10 arsehole - pure and simple.

• Like 3

He's suffering a bad case of entitlement and dickhead syndrome. The guy's a top 10 arsehole - pure and simple.

I know you enjoyed that free kick, but don't you think that someone who goes from being in the zone in every respect to THAT overnight might have something more going on ...

• Like 1

He certainly has a tenuous grasp on reality if he thinks that a pro athlete doesn't owe anything to the paying public!!!!!!

He certainly has a tenuous grasp on reality if he thinks that a pro athlete doesn't owe anything to the paying public!!!!!!

But according to him it's their own fault. They know what he's like.

I know you enjoyed that free kick, but don't you think that someone who goes from being in the zone in every respect to THAT overnight might have something more going on ...

The Poo was well known to have some issues.

The Poo was well known to have some issues.

The Poo was carrying physical injuries for most of his career. When he was able to bring it, he was ok, but when his body let him down, his mind would often wander ... although Kyrgios has had his own injury issues it seems that something else is also going on upstairs. ...

I can't stand sports stars (or musicians, or comedians, or anyone) who act like they are something special because they made a lot of money or are successful in their careers.

I'd much rather see humble sportspeople/celebrities who, despite their success, can manage not to grow overly large chips on their shoulders.

To me, Kyrgios is the Anthony Mundine of the tennis world - a great athlete, but who's natural abilities are constantly overshadowed only by his ability to be a complete dickhead.

If you want to make a statement, do it on the tennis court ...

• Like 2

McEnroe's outbursts were entertaining, but got old very quick. At the end of the day tennis fans want to watch good tennis, perhaps the occasional dummy spit or arguing with the umpire might add a little bit of spice, but this is just sh!t. I don't want to watch a player tanking, or abusing spectators/umpires/his opposition. He needs a forced holiday away from tennis.

McEnroe was all about winning ... he was consumed with winning and being the best and so focussed on the game, and the ball that he would blow up at the umpire when a call didn't go his way....

in a funny way it was his passion for winning the game that gave him the emotion to lose it at an umpire.

Sure, it was disrespectful and probably not very appropriate to be talking to the umpire like that, but you could tell how passionately he wanted to win the point. He was, in a strange way, focussed on the game, and winning the game.....

Kyrgios appears to simply not give a shit.

I know everyone reacts to stuff differently, but give me someone like McEnroe that loses his shit over not winning any day over a douche who seems to think the world owe's him something!

I never saw McEnroe hit a lollypop serve because he couldn't be bothered anymore.

Edited by TryTriB4Forty

And me might not.

He's only getting 'kicked' because he deserves it. If he has medical issues, it's not like he doesn't have the means or time to get properly medicated and act like a normal member of society and perhaps show some sportsmanship.

All I see is a petulant child who's had money thrown at him and thinks he's above the sport which made him. I really hope they throw the book at him and he gets a 12 month suspension for not giving his all (which apparently is in the professional's rule book). I'd be happy to never hear his name again in any context.

His last press conference was good, telling it how it is to a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. The again we did chase pete jacobs of this site wen he offered advice

Nick Kyrgios, a bloke that can make Bernard Tomic look like a good bloke.

The guy is a stroker and a brat. He has talent, but it's wasted on him. I would be ashamed to behave like that, or know anyone who did. Then again, I give him another 12 months of playing tennis before we never hear of him again.

I certainly wouldn't want him picked to represent Aus in anything! I'd rather get flogged than have him give us any chance. Oh his life is so hard! Kinda reminds me of when stars complain about the paparazzi follow them around..... no one forced you to be on tv, become an accountant and see how many wanna take your photo. Plus plenty of stars manage to keep themselves out of the publics eye - Mark Warlburg is an example of this.

Wasn't it Tomic who was bitching that his sister wasn't getting enough support from tennis Aus? And wasn't one of them complaining at a tournament about tennis aus support, or not getting a decent practise court or something? The rugby league stars of tennis.

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn't want him picked to represent Aus in anything! I'd rather get flogged than have him give us any chance. Oh his life is so hard! Kinda reminds me of when stars complain about the paparazzi follow them around..... no one forced you to be on tv, become an accountant and see how many wanna take your photo. Plus plenty of stars manage to keep themselves out of the publics eye - Mark Warlburg is an example of this.

Wasn't it Tomic who was bitching that his sister wasn't getting enough support from tennis Aus? And wasn't one of them complaining at a tournament about tennis aus support, or not getting a decent practise court or something? The rugby league stars of tennis.

And then you compare them to the pro triathletes who bust out 7 or 8 hour days, for a limited shot at anything. Sure, everyone has a choice as to their life goals, but this jerk wouldn't last a day in any sport where they don't treat you like a princess.

I don't even want to hear his name again, let alone have him represent Australia overseas.

• Like 1

"Personal life

Kyrgios was born in Canberra, Australia. He is the son of a Greek father, Giorgos ("George"), and a Malaysian mother, Norlaila ("Nill"), who comes from the Malaysian town of Gombak, Selangor.[4][5][6] His father is a self-employed house painter and his mother is a computer engineer.[7] His mother was born in Malaysia as a member of the Malaysian Royalty, but dropped her title as a princess when she moved to Australia in her twenties"

Seems he took over his mother's title :sleepy:

• Like 3

Dick.

No respect.

No appreciation for his talent, opportunities and good fortune.

No professionalism.

Welcome to the new generation.

• Like 1

Dick.

No respect.

No appreciation for his talent, opportunities and good fortune.

No professionalism.

Yep, reminds me of Anthony Goebert :(

Edited by FatPom

I can't believe they are glad that he may get it reduced to 3 weeks so he can play in our National side. FFS, not even the NRL would pick him in a rep side.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

I can't believe they are glad that he may get it reduced to 3 weeks so he can play in our National side. FFS, not even the NRL would pick him in a rep side.

good luck to him. hope he works it out.

Kyrgios throwing match away.  Umpire hops down from chair to give him a pep talk.  Wins in 4.......

3 hours ago, goughy said:

Kyrgios throwing match away.  Umpire hops down from chair to give him a pep talk.  Wins in 4.......

Eze up.  Nick didn't ask the guy to come and talk to him. It would have been different if Nick climbed up the the umpire, but he didn't.

Nick isn't to blame.  This time.

If ever there was a player who should be punted for suspicion of match fixing it would be Kyrios. 

The odds must fluctuate hugely during his games. 

22 minutes ago, Peter said:

Eze up.  Nick didn't ask the guy to come and talk to him. It would have been different if Nick climbed up the the umpire, but he didn't.

Nick isn't to blame.  This time.

Never said he was to blame, out had a go at him in my post!  Just stating an event that happened.  But, if all it takes is a chair umpire begging him to put in an effort.