The guy who wrote the 'open letter' to Tomic and Krygios on FB is spot on. Tomic leading the scoring on the 'tennis wanker app' and Krygios also doing well…. maybe even better after the last couple of days. Personally, I think Tomic is a lost cause. Too consistently a knob in and out of tennis and a track record of doing a heartilage in tough games. I was hopeful for Krygios last year, but the past year and particularly this year at Wimbledon have shown some very bad signs. All the players have a dummy spit on court at some point, but abusing the ball person and blatantly lying in the press conference about his umpire abuse and tanking the game, etc have no justification. I think there is still hope for Krygios to come good if he can develop some integrity and maturity, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm going with Kokkinakis as the next great hope for Aussie tennis.

Heard some radio discussion last night which hit the nail on the head. These kids are pulled out of school to join Plaz's kids in Florida for full time tennis. They have a stable of hangers, usually their psycho parents, siblings plus an agent or manager or two, who all depend on them for income. When the kid behaves like a spoilt twat, if the manager dares pull them up and point out what normal behaviour is expected in society, they are sacked and lose the 20%. The brat replaces them with another sycophant yes man and the horror story continues.

If they were a footballer, they get sacked (if they play for Cronulla anyway, before popping up to play for another club)

I actually think Nick's brother talks pretty well. Eg:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/christos-kyrgios-writes-younger-brother-nick-has-been-unfairly-judged-by-critics-over-wimbledon-antics/story-e6frf4mu-1227433588585

He's obviously defending his brother in public (as you'd hope he would) and makes some valid points. (You can read those as excuses if you chose.)

I get the impression he'll take his little brother aside when he gets home and tell him he behaved like a goose.

Saw Nick on one of the morning TV shows give bit of an interview at the airport.

Sounded much more balanced and calm than we have seen in previous days - perhaps getting out of the high pressure Wimbledon arena and out of the spotlight for a few days has helped - and maybe he's had a chance to have a think on the plane ride home.

He actually came across really well, said he's read a lot of the comments about himself and taken them on board. Despite reports he said he's not giving up the racquet anytime soon.

I really hope he diverts the energy/agro/youth exuberance (or whatever you want to call it) into his tennis. He could be the next big thing I reckon...

Simple question !

For those here who are bagging kryios put your hands up if you support the Australian Cricket team.

C'mon an easy simple question

Simple question !

For those here who are bagging kryios put your hands up if you support the Australian Cricket team.

I hate the australian cricket team

Simple question !

I support the Wallabies, but that doesn't mean I agree with some of their players conduct on and off the pitch e.g James O'Connor, Quade Cooper, Kurtley Beale etc etc The media & Joe Public are right to chastise young sports stars who act like tools. Whether they like it or not they are role models and need to act accordingly.

Simple question !

Dumb question, a turd is a turd whether he is in tennis whites, cricket whites or a trisuit. I can support a team and still out a jerk within the team.

How's the story today, Tomic has received $4 million in funding from Tennis Australia. What an outrageous waste of money. If any of that is ASC funds then taxpayers should be up in arms.

Dawn Fraser is just the same as Kyrios - famous for being a sportsperson. And a badly behaved one at that. I wouldn't pay attention to what either of them has to say

Simple question !

What has the aussie cricket team done? If anyone gets out of line, it is handled very well internally, and if they are a tool and continue to act like it, they rarely get back in the team.

The individual aint bigger than the sport, and what makes us Aussies special is that we dont like wankers. i see Tomic just being another Poo, and kyrios maybe the same. Not driven enough, just make the money, and waste all talent.

If you want to see role models, watch Nadal. Even if he plays a minow, he appreciates every win, and even every point.

I don't think the poo and tomic are in the same class? At least I don't remember the poo acting like an entitled spoilt wanker. Maybe my memory ain't so good?

I don't think the poo and tomic are in the same class? At least I don't remember the poo acting like an entitled spoilt wanker. Maybe my memory ain't so good?

Yes, you are right. we never saw much public bad displays form the poo. I was probably meaning the poo wasnt very driven in winning or didnt have that killer instinct but was more lured by the fast cars and chicks.

I guess Tomic is a bit like Justin Beiver in that success may have gone to his head.

• Like 1

How's the story today, Tomic has received $4 million in funding from Tennis Australia. What an outrageous waste of money. If any of that is ASC funds then taxpayers should be up in arms.

Yes but listen up man, Tennis Australia set all those expectations and then just stopped helping him. Like lately, they don't give him funding or respect. Or even his hack sister. That's the real outrage here.

interesting even Tomics old coach came out and said he is doubfult that he will win the big ones. I go back to federerer and Nadal. They were at the same age when they were really serous about making it,

I think both Kyrious and tomicl may be surpassed by the other youngness in the wings, can't remember their names =, excuse me for that, groth? or he the footballer?

Edited by Prince

Driving home from Tenby yesterday, they had an interview on the Radio with Rod Laver, he sounded quite the gent but was incredibly driven. He said his career spanned the amateur and pro era. He said virtually everything is better with the pro era, except some of the behavior . he didn't single anyone out.

I've hardly watched any tennis this year. It's a knockout game, why would anyone tank any points at all? I hadn't heard that accusation.

Laver was the only player to win (what is now known as) The Grand Slam in both the Amateur era (1962) and Professional era (1969)

won Wimbledon 4 times as a singles player...

edit to add dates

Edited by uberbiker

Given that Wawrinka that earlier aimed a tennis ball at his head I thought it a particularly choice sledge. F*cktard haircut though ... Edited by Andrew #1

Given that Wawrinka that earlier aimed a tennis ball at his head I thought it a particularly choice sledge. F*cktard haircut though ...

Stan's only mistake was missing.

Stan's only mistake was missing.

And whining like a big girls blouse about it on social media afterwards. He sledged first, aimed a tennis ball at kyrois's head and then got schooled in sledging. Boohoo.

Given that Wawrinka that earlier aimed a tennis ball at his head I thought it a particularly choice sledge. F*cktard haircut though ...

I wonder if Kokkinakis and the girl thought that it was a choice sledge. The guys a ****in idiot and his comment indefensible.

kyrios booed at his return to court this morning......

i wonder if he will play the race card....

Is this the 19yr old girlfriend the 30yr old is seeing after separating from his wife and daughter?

i think so....a better sledge may have been,

'hey Stan, you are punching above your weight'....

Regardless, a man never ever goes after the girl. She's off limits.

If he wants to act like a boy he can be treated like one. He clearly has a tonne of growing to do.

Is this the 19yr old girlfriend the 30yr old is seeing after separating from his wife and daughter?

and your point is?

Or are you now having a crack at a 19 y.o girl? Hope I'm wrong and I missed your point.

Edited by lawman

Call me old fashioned, but if a guy leaves his wife & kid for another women, particularly one so much younger, he has to expect to receive some crap about it. I'm not saying she caused it, so no, I'm not having a go at her.

And either his back played up at a remarkably coincidental time, or the sledge worked exactly as was intended.

Reminds me of the McGrath/Sarwan sledge.

Never a good idea to bring wives or girlfriends into it as it can often backfire.

As if the chuckleheads on that show haven't said worse.

(Brother Kygrios does seem like a bit of a brat too.)

As if the chuckleheads on that show haven't said worse.)

Matty Johns. The moral compass of our age. Oh the irony ... hehe

Tennis players OK. Aussie cricketers not OK. Got it.

That is right, cricketers just suck, tennis players ok, well except for Leyton. The Poo was cool, when everyone sucked up to rafter.

Soccer players were ok, then they got cocky, but in general pretty good. Rugby players ok, rugby commentators whinging cry babies.

League players, essentially irrelevant.

Cyclists, cool except for Cadel, who is whinny git

Basketball players all pretty good, Still remember Mark Dalton being a good guy in a tournament one day when I was asked to guard him.

Sport gets money from the government and other sources based on participation numbers and success at the highest level so they spend accordingly. Would be nice if occasionally they looked at promotion of good values in the mix.

Not that Nick wouldn't have enough people lining up to get a piece of the action by now.

tennis players ok, well except for Leyton. The Poo was cool, when everyone sucked up to rafter.

As an impressionable young boy, I spent an hour with Ken Rosewall listening to him talk about his (still current) career, and deciding that THIS your actual true hero... and everyone else after that sucked... LOL.

Nick is a dick

He needs to take time off tennis. All this constant attention is not doing him any good.

A long time ago i met a few tennis players doing drug testing in the run up to the Sydney Olympics. Most of them were dicks compared to other elite sports people. Did you see Ryan Harrison have a go at Kokkinakis today? Reckons he was going to deck him because he is Kyrgios's mate. So I wonder if he will get a fine.

My feeling is that tennis players don't get kept in line by those around them unlike most other sports.

Kokkinasis (spelling) has gotten into it with a player in the US I heard. All to do with NK's comments.