Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

NBA

Westbrook was the reason okc could not win when KD was there.

now if they knew what they had in harden they might have traded Westbrook 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, BarryBevan said:

Westbrook was the reason okc could not win when KD was there.

now if they knew what they had in harden they might have traded Westbrook 

One of the many USA sports panel shows believe that Lakers should try trade for Westbrook, reckons he would be a great team mate for LBJ.  Stating that Westbrook has athletism, talent but a low Basketball IQ, whilst LBJ is getting older and could utlise Westbrook on offense with his high basketball IQ.  I think it would be an interesting match, but i've always felt that Westbrook wants the team to be HIS and HIS only. 

These 2nd round playoff series have been great, aside from Bucks V Celtics, to call Celtics Bipolar would be offensive to people suffering Bipolar!  They have been trash in the last 3 games, 2 home losses, Beantown wont be impressed!

Anyways, i like a Bucks V Raptors/Sixers ECF and i feel whoever wins out of Warriors V Rockets (i feel Warriors will just get through) will take care of eitehr Nuggets or Blazers.

I can’t see the Sixers winning. Jimmy Butler the only one doing it with any consistency. Simmons coming up small in the crunch. Joel up and down. 

Warriors are there for the taking, unless someone steps up to help KD. 

On 08/05/2019 at 11:10 AM, Tyno said:

Warriors are there for the taking, unless someone steps up to help KD. 

KD goes off injured, reports of an achillies injury which could be big news beyond this immediate play-off series into the off-season free-agency moves. Hopefully it's not as bad as that.

5 minutes ago, Riddos said:

KD goes off injured, reports of an achillies injury which could be big news beyond this immediate play-off series into the off-season free-agency moves. Hopefully it's not as bad as that.

Phew, only a calf strain the Warriors are saying. But out for the rest of tonights game, Rockets need to capitalize. 

Is walking point guard KD better than any of their other options? Maybe. 

Play him next game & try to win to get a bit longer to rehab before the next series?

Did Kyrie cost himself $$$ by being terrible against the Bucks?

16 hours ago, Tyno said:

Did Kyrie cost himself $$$ by being terrible against the Bucks?

I doubt it, he is still arguably a top 15 player in the league.  What it did show is that he probably isnt good enough to be the number 1 option on a team ALL the time.  He is a great Number 1b option, just like in Cleveland with LBJ the number 1.  I think teams with a proven star/number 1 go too guy with cap space will benefit from his addition, or the Celtics will try hard to get that Number 1 player, as in AD.

Free Agency/off season 2019 is going to be just as enthralling as the Playoffs! haha

KD out vs HOU. 

I would back the rockets from here. 

Edited by Tyno
Spellink

On 10/05/2019 at 1:21 PM, Tyno said:

KD out vs HOU. 

I would back the rockets from here. 

Continuing the theme of Tyno knows FA about anything. 

GSW wrap up the series today. Steph finishes with 30+ despite not having scored at all until the 3rd Q. 

Pelicans get the Number 1 pick in the lottery. Wonder if AD is having second thoughts about wanting out? Working with Zion and David Griffen is a more attractive option then many around the League.

Knicks pick 3rd and should get Ja Morant or RJ Barrett to team up with whichever free agents they can attract.

I am surprised at how dominating the Bucks are against the Raptors.

Looking like GSW/Bucks.

Test of AD character. He can take max deal and work with Zion to build the answer. If he does not, then he just wants the easy path in a big city.

AD for all the numbers has done nothing and would be lucky to rate in the top 200 players of all time. He needs to stay and lead.

Or maybe, the Pelicans have given him nothing and he’s sick of it, so he’s out. 

Would he & Zion function together anyway?

Does Zion play as an undersized 4 or an under skilled 3 in the NBA?

Actually, probably a 3, with a spot up tall 4. 

15 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Or maybe, the Pelicans have given him nothing and he’s sick of it, so he’s out. 

Would he & Zion function together anyway?

Does Zion play as an undersized 4 or an under skilled 3 in the NBA?

Actually, probably a 3, with a spot up tall 4. 

To start with he’s under skilled but he can play 3 they have to put pieces around him to help out.

sixers took to long to put pieces around Simmons need to think of him as long 3 

Some thought the Warriors would be short on depth in this series with KD out, but their bench has been very impressive. Iggy had a big game 2, was barely required in game 3. Dame nursing sore ribs, hard to see Blazers finding a way back into this one.    

Edited by Riddos

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, Riddos said:

Some thought the Warriors would be short on depth in this series with KD out, but their bench has been very impressive. Iggy had a big game 2, was barely required in game 3. Dame nursing sore ribs, hard to see Blazers finding a way back into this one.    

GSW through to 5th straight finals series.  My view of Draymond Green has changed dramatically during this series win over Portland.  He was wired up and is truly a team mate you would love to have on your squad, but dread to play against.  I think GSW would be happy to let KD go and resign Green for what he is worth. 

6 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

My view of Draymond Green has changed dramatically during this series win over Portland

4 post season triple doubles this year is pretty damn nice.

Especially from a guy who was a shooting joke mid season.

His price tag has certainly gone back up.

Sitting on the balcony at the hotel in Port Douglas watching the NBA while eating pizza. Hope everyone is enjoying work today.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the Warriors didn't envisage Bogut playing nearly half a game in Game 3 of the Finals.

Their training staff/physios will be earning their $$$ over the next few days trying to get at least one of Klay or KD back for the next game.

Surely KD plays game 5, irrespective of the state of his injury.  He has a whole summer/off season to recover. 

Warriors have surely got to go all in at this point!

No point. It’s over.

Front office have to decide who they are going to try to keep, if they think they are still a chance. 

Lose tomorrow and KD & Klay both leave? Back to ordinary. 

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

No point. It’s over.

Front office have to decide who they are going to try to keep, if they think they are still a chance. 

Lose tomorrow and KD & Klay both leave? Back to ordinary. 

They said it was over when Cavs went down 3-1 in 2016.......

1 hour ago, Pencil_Towel said:

They said it was over when Cavs went down 3-1 in 2016.......

Certainly was over when in 87 Bird said you cant come back from 3-1......... it wont happen again for 50 years

3 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Certainly was over when in 87 Bird said you cant come back from 3-1......... it wont happen again for 50 years

Bird was a worse trash talker than you

Hope you guys are watching this!!! What a game!

5 hours ago, Rog said:

Hope you guys are watching this!!! What a game!

whadyareckon... 3-3 and to the final game at jurassic park, would be a fairy tale.

They have been interesting matches to watch. Momentum can change very quickly in the games. Be good to see a 3-3 match up for the last game. By the way did you see the press conference with the GM from the Warriors crying about KDs Achilles injury. Seemed a little over the top.

I think Nick Nurse shot himself in the foot at the end of that 4th qtr, Kawhi scored 8 straight points, Raptors were on a 11-2 run, 6 points ahead with the ball and he called a Timeout.  Warriors reset and went on a 9-0 that ultimately won them the game.

but happy to have a Game 6, because there is ALOT of time until next season! ha

Well done Toronto, took a chance on Kawhi and it's paid off big time even if that's his last game for them.

What was already going to be a crazy off-season just got even more unpredictable with Durant and Thompson's long term injuries. 

Time is now for all the contenders in the West, just as the East had been catching up talent-wise.

Hope the Knicks don't go crazy chasing free-agents, just draft at pick 3, keep building the roster and keeping cap space free and they've still got a bunch more 1st round picks over the next few years after the Porzingis trade.  

It's quite interesting what it does for the off season.

Do teams still throw max deals at KD & Klay this year?

If so, how many years, for guys who will be 30+ their next game?

If not, do the next tier guys get upgraded deals instead?

Do GSW try to lock them up by taking care of them when they can't play?

Can GSW make the top 8 in the West without them?

Sounds like the Lakers have locked in a deal to get AD, they couldn't afford to muck around after missing out on PG and Kawhi in recent off-seasons. Need to make the most of Lebron asap. Chasing Kemba Walker as well?

Pelicans will be fun to watch with Zion, Ball, and Ingram. Reckon they might trade the #4 pick to get some experienced role players to team up with the youngsters.  

3 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Not sure AD will work out with LBJ

Heath and fitness issues of those two aside it'll come down to how they fill out the rest of the roster, need some 3 & D guys that don't cost too much.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, Riddos said:

Heath and fitness issues of those two aside it'll come down to how they fill out the rest of the roster, need some 3 & D guys that don't cost too much.

Yeah the rest of the Lakers roster will be the key, i think holding onto Rondo for another year is wise, have him play on the ball and get back to avg 10+ assists a game.  I think Kemba and Kyrie will be sort after for the now vacant PG slot.  Looking forward to an active off season!

The West is more open then it's been in years and the Thunder are all about shedding talent and picks to lower their luxury tax, their fans must be sick of those owners. Wonder what that team could have become as the Sonics in Seattle with all the $$ that's come into that city in the last 10 years.

Draft day tomorrow! 

10 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

can the wizards ship john wall to anyone

Jimmy butler in NO leading all the talent

Yeah Wall's contract is an albatross to say the least.  Not sure its wise to pay guards such huge money.  You need to be 6'6" or taller to be a consistent high paid star, like Kobe said - 'Lucky llen Iverson wasnt 6'6"!!!'

I think Butler stays at 76er's, but they move on Harris and Reddick.  Harris might stay on East coast, Knicks or Nets and i reckon Reddick might land at the Lakers, because they will be chasing knock down shooters.

Will Zion be the real deal or more like Shawn kemp

sure he will get 20 ppg with fast break offensive boards but does he have more

still 129 kg 6 7 at 18 with better athleticism than. Lbj 

49 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Will Zion be the real deal or more like Shawn kemp

sure he will get 20 ppg with fast break offensive boards but does he have more

still 129 kg 6 7 at 18 with better athleticism than. Lbj 

Considering LBL is the bench mark for explosive athleticism in the NBA at the moment, he is 2cm shorter than LBJ, but 16kgs heavier.... if he can stay healthy, he could be a devasting player over a long period of time. Does he have a decent jumpshot?  I have only seen jumping, dunking and blocking highlight videos :w00t2:

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, BarryBevan said:

NO looking good

So do Atlanta Hawks. 

They have potentially put together a young group through last 2 year drafts that could see them become a GSW in a few years, of course the young talent would have to become stars like GSW, but the potential is there. 

Catching up on the days Free Agency news.

Philly sign their tormenter in Al Horford, should be pretty damn good (and bloody huge) on defence and a work in progress on offence.

Two of the Raptors, Lakers, Clippers are going to miss out on Kawhi and find the shelves pretty empty when they look at who else they can sign. Pelicans getting better by the day. Jazz making some good moves.

Knicks are going to be pretty rubbish for a few more years (keep cap space and make a play for Giannis in a few years?) but at least they've picked up all the role players types the Lakers should probably be after. 

D Russell to the Warriors is the interesting one to me.

Easy for next year, but the year after, how do you fit him, Klay and Curry in the rotation?