Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

NBA

12 hours ago, Tyno said:

I believe it's not a matter of letting, it's acknowledging he was ignoring what Luke set anyway.

Very true, i saw a video of LeBron standing around waiting for an inbound, Luke subbed him out and he looked DIRTY to say the least!

Going to see Knicks vs Nets tomorrow night at MSG ūüėõ

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rog said:

Going to see Knicks vs Nets tomorrow night at MSG ūüėõ

that's going to be almost at NBL standard, just with a bigger crowd

There's only 6 games between 1st and 14th in the Western Conference with over a quarter of the season gone.

I backed the Kings to beat their over/under of 25.5 wins for the season, so far so good.   

I haven't been paying as much attention this season as others, but it seems like Toronto are clear #1.

I don't know how many would have had the Nuggets leading the West?

Well only was a trade for Oubre in the end.  Suns are having an interesting season, the back office is a shambles and don't think they have too many more fronts left to pick further fights on.  Having said that though Ariza didn't want to be there / was only there for the money and there were murmurings very early it wasn't the right fit.  Oubre on the other hand brings a bit of mongrel into the team that has been lacking since really back to the Amundson days.  The best part of the deal though was Sarver stepping in to nix any trade with the Lakers.

If the Suns get a couple of more wins on this road trip, the self belief is going to take this team on for the rest of the season (I'd almost be ready to pencil them in for the win over Washington next).  If they get an established point guard that says I want to be traded to the desert, they are going to be having a say in how the final 8 in the West lines up.  Not sure it is related to the trade, but the easy beat tag has been ripped up - for now

14 hours ago, Tyno said:

But why is Doncic not a Guard in the All Star selection process?

Not sure, i've never voted.  he does float into the 3 spot for Mavs sometimes, when they have Berea and Smith Jr on the court as well and Barnes on the bench,

AD requests trade from Pelicans. Lakers the obvious target destination, they'll lack depth once the trade pieces to get AD (at least 2 of Ingram/Kuzma/Ball plus a draft pick?) are taken off the roster but AD and Lebron teaming up could be special. Celtics the main ones with trade pieces to burn but can't get him until after this season ends unless they trade Kyrie.   

19 hours ago, Riddos said:

AD requests trade from Pelicans. Lakers the obvious target destination, they'll lack depth once the trade pieces to get AD (at least 2 of Ingram/Kuzma/Ball plus a draft pick?) are taken off the roster but AD and Lebron teaming up could be special. Celtics the main ones with trade pieces to burn but can't get him until after this season ends unless they trade Kyrie.   

Surely Pelicans administration is smart enough to wait until the off season, thats when they will get most bang for trade when the 'Rose Rule' is expired and the Celtics can deal, will make teams like the Lakers upscale the trade package they offer. 

On 30/01/2019 at 10:40 AM, Pencil_Towel said:

Surely Pelicans administration is smart enough to wait until the off season, thats when they will get most bang for trade when the 'Rose Rule' is expired and the Celtics can deal, will make teams like the Lakers upscale the trade package they offer. 

Yeah, Lakers saying their offers are for next week only but they'd have to get back involved in July if he's still available. 

Porzingis off to Dallas as Knicks clear out of the roster continues and they put everything into getting Durant and a high draft pick.

NFL will be spewing, it's Super Bowl week and the front-page of USA sport websites and all the sports talk shows are all dominated by NBA trade talk.  

Lebron plays 43 minutes and scores 28 points and the Lakers still lose to the Hawks. With a tough schedule remaining I don't reckon they'll make the playoffs. And making the playoffs at the 8th seed in the West and a first round match-up against the Warriors won't extend their season by very long anyway.

The younger Celtics players enjoyed a Kyrie-free game and rolled the 76ers who've been looking strong recently.     

21 hours ago, Riddos said:

Lebron plays 43 minutes and scores 28 points and the Lakers still lose to the Hawks. With a tough schedule remaining I don't reckon they'll make the playoffs. And making the playoffs at the 8th seed in the West and a first round match-up against the Warriors won't extend their season by very long anyway.

The younger Celtics players enjoyed a Kyrie-free game and rolled the 76ers who've been looking strong recently.     

Not only that, but surely by offering up most of your roster for AD, the Lakers chemistry will also be tested as most know they will be asked to make way.

Celtics did well to beat a 76er's unit that has traded to win NOW, love to see it too! All this rebuilding/waiting for FA's etc makes for boring teams.  Great to see the 76er's go for the Crown! 

Was a fascinating end to the trade deadline, now all eyes on the buyout market, Jeremy Lin off to Raptors and rumours Lopez will be on the move from teh Bulls and Morris from the Wizards.

21 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Was a fascinating end to the trade deadline, now all eyes on the buyout market, Jeremy Lin off to Raptors and rumours Lopez will be on the move from teh Bulls and Morris from the Wizards.

You could make up a half decent team with discarded players currently, the couple you mentioned plus Melo and JR Smith off the top of my head and there's plenty of others. Send em to Seattle to get the Sonics restarted! 

2 hours ago, Riddos said:

You could make up a half decent team with discarded players currently, the couple you mentioned plus Melo and JR Smith off the top of my head and there's plenty of others. Send em to Seattle to get the Sonics restarted! 

Throw in the likes of Michael Beasley, Marcin Gortat, Zach Randolph, Greg Monroe, Alex Abrines, Milos Teodosic & Omri Casspi to the names mentioned prior and you'd have a squad that would probably finish alot higher than the Knicks,  Phoenix, Memphis & Cleveland to name few!!!

• Like 1

FFS Knicks, stop winning! As Spike Lee said at the Oscars "we're trying to tank".

4 hours ago, Riddos said:

FFS Knicks, stop winning! As Spike Lee said at the Oscars "we're trying to tank".

Keep going Knicks, win those games - 20 game winning streak coming up

• Like 1

I was looking at the West standings yesterday.

Spurs slumping again, (including a loss to the Knicks) but hanging on in 8th.

3 spots clear of the Lakers.

Bron copping a lot of grief for his defensive "efforts" in the last game.

Suns and Knicks play off tomorrow afternoon for the Zion cup potentially, loser will get the best odds of landing a pretty good forward to build a team around

18 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Suns and Knicks play off tomorrow afternoon for the Zion cup potentially, loser will get the best odds of landing a pretty good forward to build a team around

Knicks win! I mean lose! Think the bottom three teams all have equal odds in the lottery this year so Suns and Knicks should both get a crack at first pick. Lakers headed for another loss, might as well shut LeBron down for the season now that he's passed Michael on all-time scorers list (in more than 100 more games and in an era where scoring is much easier).  

On ‚Äé6‚Äé/‚Äé03‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 8:16 PM, Cottoneyes said:

Do you think if this off season doesn't produce what the Suns want in terms of the draft, signing, trading etc.  Devin booker starts to want out like AD?

4 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Do you think if this off season doesn't produce what the Suns want in terms of the draft, signing, trading etc.  Devin booker starts to want out like AD?

His new 5 year $158 million contract with the Suns hasn't even started yet. But yeah hard not to think he'd be looking around the league at other teams currently. Think Ayton will develop well, can take a bit longer for the young bigs to make their mark and all this years Rooks look average compared to what the much more NBA ready Doncic is doing. Will be interesting to see what they can add around those two.  

There was an interesting article prior to the last draft - putting up the option of trading Booker to Sacremento for their pick, then getting Ayton and Doncic.  Looking at the season the team seems to have played a bit better defensively when Booker was injured and I've spent a good part of the season going hmmm...  Bloody good player but he doesn't as yet seem to make the team better, kind of like LeBron, Ayton at the moment is the player I would be wanting to keep at all costs over any others

But the future is looking bright if Sarver (owner) can keep himself under control.  Get Zion, or even number 1 draft pick and I reckon there will be a point guard of quality saying 'get me to Phoenix'

On ‚Äé8‚Äé/‚Äé03‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 7:12 PM, Cottoneyes said:

There was an interesting article prior to the last draft - putting up the option of trading Booker to Sacremento for their pick, then getting Ayton and Doncic.  Looking at the season the team seems to have played a bit better defensively when Booker was injured and I've spent a good part of the season going hmmm...  Bloody good player but he doesn't as yet seem to make the team better, kind of like LeBron, Ayton at the moment is the player I would be wanting to keep at all costs over any others

But the future is looking bright if Sarver (owner) can keep himself under control.  Get Zion, or even number 1 draft pick and I reckon there will be a point guard of quality saying 'get me to Phoenix'

Will be even more interesting to see how the Lakers go in terms of 'bringing in Stars' this off season.  I think the LeBron factor might be more hurtful than good..... time will tell, Magic certainly has his work cut out for him!!!! As always, looks like another great off season drama package! get the popcorn out!

Frigging site going down - Yeah Baby, top teams in East and West fall to the team on the rise!!

Agree with the comments on Le Bron Pencil, James doesn't seem to be invested as much, maybe because the team ain't his yet, but hearing more players ruling LA out than in

12 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Frigging site going down - Yeah Baby, top teams in East and West fall to the team on the rise!!

Agree with the comments on Le Bron Pencil, James doesn't seem to be invested as much, maybe because the team ain't his yet, but hearing more players ruling LA out than in

I heard one of the MANY sports reporters in the US a little while back claim that he went to LA with an eye on improving and increasing his 'Brand'.  They think his basketball focus is not 100% anymore.  Meanwhile, the workman like clippers (with some shiny edges in Gallinari and Williams) look like a great place for a FA to enter. Jerry West has the golden touch thats for sure!

13 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Oh and when you watch the Suns beat the top teams as you state, you think, yeah a couple of good pieces and they will be flying next season, but than they go and lose to the Knicks or Cav's and you think..... how did that happen?  I feel this season has been the most unpredictable with regards to results, look at the Raptors and the Celtics yesterday both being smoke by 25 points for instance..... wierd.  Playoffs though could be even more exciting!

Closing in on another March Madness, St Mary's with at least two Aussies playing (Krebs and Perry) just pulled off a fair upset to beat number 1 ranked Gonzaga and book a place in the tournament.   

With only a hand full of regular season games left and the playoffs to come.  Who is your pick to meet in the Finals (winner of West & winner of East).

I'll kick it off, my prediction: Houston Rockets V Toronto Raptors.

2 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

With only a hand full of regular season games left and the playoffs to come.  Who is your pick to meet in the Finals (winner of West & winner of East).

I'll kick it off, my prediction: Houston Rockets V Toronto Raptors.

Going a bit left-field in the West with the Jazz (currently matched against an injury hit Blazers in first round of the playoffs) and will go Sixers in the East on the back of Tobias Harris.  Utah Jazz V Philadelphia 76ers. 

Hard to go past Rockets/Raptors for me.

If CP3 stays healthy, Rockets win.

I kind of want to go Bucks and Rockets, but then part of me says it will be weird to have a east versus west playoff without a James or Curry in it.  Not discounting the warriors as a result

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Not discounting the warriors as a result

Looking at current picture, Warriors/Rockets is a likely Round 2, which is a bit of a shame.

If the Blazers slide post Nurk snappage, the Rockets likely go to 3 seed and the opposite side to the Warriors, but end up a likely round 1 opponent for the Jazz.

I have no real reason for discounting the Nuggets, but I am.

If the standings end up like I think:

GSW/Rockets for the West & Bucks/Raps for the East

Rockets/Raps - Rockets win.

11 hours ago, Tyno said:

Looking at current picture, Warriors/Rockets is a likely Round 2, which is a bit of a shame.

If the Blazers slide post Nurk snappage, the Rockets likely go to 3 seed and the opposite side to the Warriors, but end up a likely round 1 opponent for the Jazz.

I have no real reason for discounting the Nuggets, but I am.

If the standings end up like I think:

GSW/Rockets for the West & Bucks/Raps for the East

Rockets/Raps - Rockets win.

Man...... thats freakishly close to how i went about picking Rockets V Raptors......

On 01/02/2019 at 1:26 PM, Riddos said:

Porzingis off to Dallas as Knicks clear out of the roster continues and they put everything into getting Durant and a high draft pick.

Wonder if Dallas might be wishing for the trade to be reversed, Porzingis apparently going to be facing some rape charges relating to his time in NY

It’s an interesting one from a trade procedure perspective. NBA head office apparently aware of the allegations at the time of the trade, but I didn’t read it as Dallas being made aware. Where does the duty lie?

(Quite apart from any real issues relating to the allegation. )

Current standings have GSW & Houston on different sides of the West.

Miami sitting in 8th in the East.

2 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Jeff Bezos has apparently said he is interested in owning the Knicks

He'll get Mark Cuban's support!

First round playoff match-ups are set, biggest chance of an upset? I'd say Spurs vs Nuggets. You'd think the top four seeds in the East will get through OK. 

16 hours ago, Riddos said:

First round playoff match-ups are set, biggest chance of an upset? I'd say Spurs vs Nuggets. You'd think the top four seeds in the East will get through OK. 

Celtics (inconsistent regular season to say the least) could struggle to put the Pacers away without Marcus Smart, although no Oladipo for Pacers which helps them.

I reckon Upset wise, Nets to push and possibly topple 76er's, especailly if Embiid is sidelined and Brooklyn (D'LO) get on a roll.

Agree with Spurs, good chance to get past Nuggets, kind of the Rookie Versus the Master in terms of Playoff experience.

Jazz & Rockets series will be good to watch as well.

Love this time of year!    

Nets/Magic/Spurs all win Game 1 away.

GSW the only team to hold home court thus far.

My annual moment of joy as the Thunder get eliminated. Thank you Damian Lillard. Bring back the Sonics!  

Dame. Wow.

No love lost there.

Waved em off.

LOL ed in response to a tweet about PG calling the shot a bad shot.

Great stuff.

• Like 1

KD hits 50 as the Warriors advance. 

Rockets Warriors up next is JUICY.