Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

NBA

Down to the last games of the season and hard to see the Suns not being in the prime position for the draft lottery from here.  Been seeing a succession of mysterious ailments from the starting 5 keep them from playing games, have to say though the younger kids being developed have given the Rockets and the Warriors a push on the road so hopefully with a good draft pick should see the climb up the ladder start next season

11 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Down to the last games of the season and hard to see the Suns not being in the prime position for the draft lottery from here.  Been seeing a succession of mysterious ailments from the starting 5 keep them from playing games, have to say though the younger kids being developed have given the Rockets and the Warriors a push on the road so hopefully with a good draft pick should see the climb up the ladder start next season

Booker, Bender and Jackson are good young talent to build around.  WOuldn;t hurt to maybe move some pieces and try grab a skilled big man, like a Kanter etc.  Chandler is turning 36 and i reckon Len is a bit one dimensional. 

Rumour is Jason Kidd is going to be the next head coach - will be one year of making finals, then self-implosion

Kyrie Irving done for season 2017-18.  Throw in Hayward's injury, Theis out for season and a few other celtics players struggling to stay on the court, i say good night title chances.  Kind of hope Raptors get to the big dance this year, becoming more and more a fan of Demar DeRozan

Suns officially will have the worse record this season.  Alot of people are hoping that the number 1 draft pick comes out of it to lift the Suns 'curse'.  For those of you not familiar, 2 teams in the NBA for the first draft had equally bad records - the draft order was decided by the flip of a coin and some nobody team called the Minneapolis Lakers won it, drafted some kid who would become known as Kareem and the team subsequently moved to LA.  Phoenix has never had the number 1 draft pick, and hence the continuation of the curse.  The Suns while having the 4th best win loss record in the NBA are still yet to get that first championship due to "the curse"

Feels like there's a more equal spread of talent this year between teams 1 to 8 in both Conference finals groups, will see how it plays out.

A bit of fun banter between Rookie of the Year hopefuls Ben Simmons and Donovan Mitchell. Didn't think anyone would get near Ben but the bits I've seen of Mitchell he's been very impressive, saw him compared to a young Wade with a 3 point shot the other day, couldn't argue with that. And the fact that it's not just individual efforts from them both but being part of quality team efforts is good to see.    

I watch alot of Jazz games to see Ingles and Exum, Mitchell has been very impressive.  On the flip side i watch alot of 76er's games to see Simmons.  Tough one, my bet they will both be named dual winners!

First games of round 1 playoffs well and truly off and running, All teams yesterday impressed, although i thought Raptors were a bit sluggish, mind you Wizards are a tough team to play so hot and cold!  Celtics V Bucks was a great game, Middleton hitting a 3 from the car park to force OT, Bucks just ran out of steam in OT.  Cav's comprehensibly beaten on their own floor by Pacers, Oladipo has been most improved this season for mine, what a player!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Seriously Bogut - the Kings?  FFS

He is a nut job. Read his twitter. 

So cool seeing Joe Ingles getting wraps from the US basketball press and fans. He is the new hero for all the Seattle-based anti-Thunder folk, hopefully the Jazz can finish them off after going up 3-1 in the series today.

Simmons and the 76ers back at it tomorrow. 

Watched the end of the Celts/76ers game.

Oh so frustrating, 6ers played DUMB.

Celts won't worry the Cavs.

Suns finally nab a number 1 draft pick. 

Knicks picking at #9, without Porzingis we'll be rubbish again next season, would be tempted to shop this years pick to the likes of Blazers/Jazz/Pelicans for 1st and 2nd rounders next year. Then could go into 2019 draft with high and mid 1st round and high and mid 2nd round picks (to either use or trade), buy out the remainder of Yoakim Noah's ridiculous contract and things could finally be looking up.   

On 10/05/2018 at 1:17 PM, Tyno said:

Celts won't worry the Cavs.

Basketball genius so far......

6 hours ago, Riddos said:

Suns finally nab a number 1 draft pick. 

First part of lifting the curse is done, now just need to make the best decision with it.  Hoping we go with Ayton over Doncic.  One year of Ayton in the paint getting mentored by Chandler who then retires.  Len is let go, use the draft space to go after the best power forward on the Free Agency or trade Bender and / or Chriss for one and get going to 2020+ being the championship window

That Colangelo stuff is STRANGE.

Bron over the Celts was disappointing in the end.

Boston choked massively at home in G 7.

I was sure GSW was choking away the series against Houston too, but CP3's hammy put an end to that.

GSW with home court advantage should win.

I have a question, am i the only one who thinks that LeBron playing like he has this post season is only the result of him being marooned on the island that is his team (Probably partly franchises fault, partly his).  I mean i feel he has always been this good of a player, definitely the best in the league at the moment.  But when has he had to produce like this before?  Besides his first few seasons with the Cav's when he was still building into the player he is now.  I realise its a great story for media outlets, but he isnt any better than he has been, he has just taken more on and had to impose his will onto games more often than usual.  Correct me if i am wrong.

Secondly, what does he do in the offseason?  Remain at Cavs and try to sign UFA Cousins, CP3, Walker etc.  Move to Philly and play a less dominate role (if he can allow himself to do so) prolong his career and body and create a very strong with Simmons, Embiid, Saric etc, Move to San Antonio, team up with coach Pop, what a duo.  Move to Houston, join CP# and Harden (cant see Harden being a fan of this though) or move to Lakers, turn them back into the glamour club the so desperately want to be!  I think the Western Conference is still going to be slightly stronger than the east for seasons to come, so would he want to leave the east to have to battle more in the west?

Gee's 2 paragraphs, my apologies, it is just so addictive  Warriors in 4 :geek:

I agree with bits of your ramblings :)

LBJ is a strange case, I don’t know if he can defer enough for emerging team mates to shine. Like if he moved to Phil. 

If he did manage to add a CP3, he could stay in Cle as a real chance. 

3-0.

Never say never, but unlikely that Cle comes back from here.

they really aren't getting anything from anyone not named James or Love.

Yeah that loss will sting just as much as the game 1 loss i feel.

During the commentary of Game 2, it was mentioned that when the Cav's won the title in 2016 coming back from 3-1 down, they completely and utterly COATED the away teams dressing room in Champagne, Beer etc.  There was a feeling that GSW want to win the title in Cleveland to repay the Cavs with some dressing room shenanigans of their own.

Pretty much drama-free draft night, hopefully free agency spices things up a bit. 

No Aussies drafted but a few invited to Summer League.  

Lebron to the Lakers, now to see who else they can get in to team up with him.

Cavs no longer a threat in the East, Celtics and 76ers the teams to beat for the next few years.

55 minutes ago, Riddos said:

Lebron to the Lakers, now to see who else they can get in to team up with him.

Not many stars left, PG staying in OKC, DeAndre Jordan to Mavs, Cousins staying with Pelicans, Chris Paul sticking with Rockets, KD staying with GSW, although some good role players on the market.  IT will no doubt be shown the door liker he was in Cleveland.

I think the Lakers would be crazy to trade for Leonard this season, best let him become a UFA at the end of next season and just acquire him. 

The BIG news is Aron Baynes stays a Celt, 2 yrs, 11 million.

Don't poke the bear, Warriors sign Boogie Cousins. NBA twitter lighting up.

Lakers let Randle go to Pelcians, Sign Rondo.

These movements are getting interesting, Seth Curry to Portland, Nerlens Noel to OKC.

I think Jabari Parker, Zach Lavine, Marcus Smart and a few others have beomce RFA's at the worst time with the list of UFA's out there this off season.  Think they will have to settle back into there current clubs for less then they want.  Not much cap sapce left in many NBA teams anymore.

11 hours ago, Riddos said:

Don't poke the bear, Warriors sign Boogie Cousins. NBA twitter lighting up.

I just watched a thing on Insta. No teams chased Cousins? Not one?! That’s madness. 

Aussie Ryan Broekhoff signs with the Mavs for two years, has a good 3-point shot and 5 years experience in Europe. Hopefully fits into the NBA pretty well. 

Yeah pretty crazy re the Warriors/Boogie, guess they were the team that could afford to not worry if it takes him half a season to get back to playing regularly. And he gets a few months late in the season to audition for the teams with cap space next summer.  

It's only Summer League and only the Hawks but signs of life for the Knicks. Knox looks solid and we might have got the steal of the draft with Mitchell Robinson, didn't play College ball so must have dropped off the radar of many teams and fell to pick 36. 7+ foot athletic centre, Fizdale the perfect coach to help his development.

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, Tyno said:

I just watched a thing on Insta. No teams chased Cousins? Not one?! That’s madness. 

Not sure thats 100% true, there was doubt about his Achillies injury, however Pelicans tables him a 2yr $40m deal and no GM's in the league were sure 'how' available he was and signed to GSW second day of Free Agency.  Have a feeling he had worked the GSW deal out long ago and just got it done.  Im sure plenty of Franchises would have been keen to snap him up for $5.3m/yr!

9 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Have a feeling he had worked the GSW deal out long ago and just got it done

Surely you aren't suggesting improper NBA trade practices! 🙈🙉🙊

18 hours ago, Tyno said:

Surely you aren't suggesting improper NBA trade practices! 🙈🙉🙊

I bet Chris Paul is wondering where he went wrong trying to get to the Lakers back in 2011!

Kwahi Leonard & Danny Green to Raptors

DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltt & protected 2019 first round pick to Spurs.

Not sure who won the trade here..... I feel it could blow up for Raptors at close of next season though if Leonard leaves.....

WNBA Finals tipping off at 11am this morning on ESPN2. Should be good. Go Storm. Sue Bird is a champ and this is a good read...

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sue-bird-seattle-storm

• Like 1

Keep an eye on one D Booker for smokey in MVP.  Might not be this year, but will be sometime in the next 5.  First game of the season after having surgery on his shooting hand in the off season, dropped 35 points, with roughly half of them coming in the last 5 minutes of game 1 vs the Mavs

Ingles v Curry is also going to be interesting to watch