Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

NBA

Cavs keep saying everything is fine, meanwhile over the last 8 days they've managed to lose to Magic, Nets, Pelicans, & Knicks.

you can add the pacers to that list Riddos!  Went down again today.

76rs another win, Simmons double double, 1 shy of a triple double.

Cavs now below the Knicks! And being helped to be as high as they are by the fact the Bulls and Hawks are in full tank mode.

76ers up to 4-4. Simmons first 10 game highlight reel will be as good as many players whole careers.

15 hours ago, Riddos said:

Cavs now below the Knicks! And being helped to be as high as they are by the fact the Bulls and Hawks are in full tank mode.

And the fact they are in the East

the wage Delly is on, he will be high on the trade I would think.  They have 3 PG's now and Delly is 3rd stringer.  Get traded or sit the pine with minimal minutes I would think are his options.

IN the current game v the Cavs he's played 5:28 for 1 point. (yes I can sit at work and watch NBA/NFL but thats another story)

Edited by Ronny

Delly went to Bucks on the back of being a WC from the previous season.  Jason Kidd likes his tenacity and energy, but Brogdon and Bledsoe are clearly the better players.  Pity he too short to be a SG......

On another note, seems Cav's need big performances from either James or Love to get a W at the moment, their defence is all over the shop.  No energy and lack of communication, meanwhile Hayward less Celtics are strangely killing it.  Brown and Tatum's development is being fast tracked and they will see the fruits from this in the near future i believe.  Plus they best defensive unit in the NBA, although they are shooting at a low percentage thus far, but only 10 games in, long season still!

6 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Delly went to Bucks on the back of being a WC from the previous season.

Yeah, his agent got him paid like a WC starter.

What a ride though - 2 years 1.3 mill -> 1 year 1.2 mill -> 4 years 38 mill.

He' isn't really worth that to anyone now though, right?

I think, in the NBA, he has to a be a guy who can walk it up the floor and pass to a superstar 90% of the time.

My favourite thing in the NBA this year, other than the play of Porzingis leading the Knicks back towards relevance, is how much fun the rookies are to watch, here's a good summary of them, and 9 minutes of Simmons highlights!

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/11/17/nba-rookie-rankings-ben-simmons-lonzo-ball-jayson-tatum

Great watch, thanks for the link Riddos.

Man the game is ever evolving, Joel Embidd is like a 6 foot guard with the ball and has a great range with his jumper.....and he is 7+ foot tall!!!  Also amazed at how well prepared and strong LeBron's body is after more than a decade in the NBA with little to no breaks in play from injury, personal leave etc.....

What are our thoughts on Lonzo, poor kid's father is always making sure the blow torch is on him, would be a tough place to be for a first year rookie.  From most reports, other players in the league seem to like him as a player and person, probably just avoid Lavar! ha

On 10/30/2017 at 11:43 AM, Riddos said:

Cavs keep saying everything is fine, meanwhile over the last 8 days they've managed to lose to Magic, Nets, Pelicans, & Knicks.

Cavs now sitting at 17-7

On 11/21/2017 at 11:38 AM, Pencil_Towel said:

Great watch, thanks for the link Riddos.

Man the game is ever evolving, Joel Embidd is like a 6 foot guard with the ball and has a great range with his jumper.....and he is 7+ foot tall!!!  Also amazed at how well prepared and strong LeBron's body is after more than a decade in the NBA with little to no breaks in play from injury, personal leave etc.....

What are our thoughts on Lonzo, poor kid's father is always making sure the blow torch is on him, would be a tough place to be for a first year rookie.  From most reports, other players in the league seem to like him as a player and person, probably just avoid Lavar! ha

Toughest part for Lonzo must be when his dad starts commenting on Lakers team-mates and coaching staff. See Lavar just took one of the other Ball boys out of UCLA. Reckon the younger ones might benefit from being drafted to a team outside LA.      

13 hours ago, Tyno said:

Cavs now sitting at 17-7

More of an expected look at the top of the East now with Celtics, Cavs, Raps in the top 3. I haven't watched a full Cavs game in a few weeks but Lebron looks to be enjoying things in a few highlights I've seen, he was emulating Jordan moves vs the Bulls in Chicago yesterday.  

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, Riddos said:

Toughest part for Lonzo must be when his dad starts commenting on Lakers team-mates and coaching staff. See Lavar just took one of the other Ball boys out of UCLA. Reckon the younger ones might benefit from being drafted to a team outside LA.      

Yeah i see that he believes if he was coaching the Lakers instead of Walton they would be in a better position than they currently are.  I heard that the younger brothers have signed with Lonzo's agent, meaning they are not eligible for NCAA, becuase you're not allowed to have an agent in NCAA.  Lavar is really banking on his BBB brand taking off and his 3 boys becoming allstar players.

Big gamble, only time will tell i guess.

Bogut delisted by the Lakers overnight, appears he may end up back at the Bucks where it all began to make him the third Aussie on the list

Porzingis does an ACL, likely out up to 12 months. 

Knicks don't have a whole lot of talent but might as well trade away anyone they can over the next few days before the deadline to try and get a future draft pick or two. Offloading Noah would be great but don't think any other teams want to take on his contract.

Blake Griffin enjoying not having to play the Warriors/Thunder/Spurs/Rockets every few nights. 5 in a row for the Pistons.

On 12/12/2017 at 9:40 AM, Pencil_Towel said:

Yeah i see that he believes if he was coaching the Lakers instead of Walton they would be in a better position than they currently are.  I heard that the younger brothers have signed with Lonzo's agent, meaning they are not eligible for NCAA, becuase you're not allowed to have an agent in NCAA.  Lavar is really banking on his BBB brand taking off and his 3 boys becoming allstar players.

Big gamble, only time will tell i guess.

Lavar in a Lithuanian interview has said if Lakers want to keep Lonzo, they need to draft the other 2 sons.  If they don't then after Lonzo's 3 year contract is finished he will tell all teams that Lonzo will go where ever they are prepared to take all 3

Damir Dokic ain't got nothing on this guy

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, Cottoneyes said:

Lavar in a Lithuanian interview has said if Lakers want to keep Lonzo, they need to draft the other 2 sons.  If they don't then after Lonzo's 3 year contract is finished he will tell all teams that Lonzo will go where ever they are prepared to take all 3

Damir Dokic ain't got nothing on this guy

Gee's Lavar has gone ALL in...... this could be a brilliant decision, or a terrible one.  Grab the popcorn and hold on! ha

15 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Gee's Lavar has gone ALL in...... this could be a brilliant decision, or a terrible one.  Grab the popcorn and hold on! ha

The man is unhinged.

Do we believe the "RUMOURS' surrounding Kawhi Leornard and San Antonio open to trading him in the off season?

Arguably top 5 player in the league, when fit.

Edited by Pencil_Towel

March Freakin Madness. Had never heard of UMBC Retrievers an hour ago, now watching them complete the biggest upset in tournament history over Virginia. First ever win for a 16 seed over a 1 seed. 

And a winable game coming up vs 9 seed Kansas State for a spot in the Sweet 16. 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, Riddos said:

March Freakin Madness. Had never heard of UMBC Retrievers an hour ago, now watching them complete the biggest upset in tournament history over Virginia. First ever win for a 16 seed over a 1 seed. 

And a winable game coming up vs 9 seed Kansas State for a spot in the Sweet 16. 

March Madness, such a cruel way to end a season for the players.  But boy is it a spectacle!!!!

Meanwhile chance to see Team USA in Melbourne coming up in August 2019.  100,000 tipped to watch the game in Etihad stadium