Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

NBA

Cottoneyes    798

$1 Billion in free agency contracts on the opening day of free agency period = mind blown

And still some big names to come, most of which are going to be maximum contracts

Riddos    101

Social media (Twitter) at it's best today with the very public chase by Clippers and Mavericks for DeAndre Jordan. GSW, Kobe, Michael Jordan joining in, classic stuff.

Riddos    101

Speaking of Basketball, NBL back from the dead.

New deal sees every game live on Fox Sports Wednesdays through Sundays for the next 5 years. With 1 game a week also live on FTA.

Now to bring back the Brisbane Bullets.

Riddos    101

Anyone been watching the NBL games on Fox? Some close finishes and pleasantly surprised by the quality. Jerome Randle from the 36ers is great to watch.

NBA starts up tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Spurs will be good again with Aldridge adding an attacking option. GSW might take a page from the Spurs book and take opportunities to rest players in run up to the playoffs.

Hard to see much quality in the East as usual except Cavs and Bulls. Knicks will unfortunately again be rubbish on defence.

Hope Kidd's young Bucks continue their improvement to get a Playoff series win.

Riddos    101

Signs of life for the Knicks, lost the last 2 games but they were solid efforts vs Spurs and Cavs.

A lot more energy on offence and pushing quickly up the floor at times which they didn't do at all last season. Porzingis showing great signs, still a lot of improvement to come but the 7ft 3in 20 year old is doing all that could be expected and more at this point.

And Afflalo still to come into the team soon after injury has kept him out so far.

Riddos    101

Aussie young gun Ben Simmons college career for LSU Tigers about to kick off on ESPN2. Keen to see how he goes.

On a related note, is there any history of likely top draft picks lowering their form to avoid being in the top few picks and ending up somewhere like the 76ers? You'd think the 8 to 16 draft pick area would be the sweet spot of ending up at a decent upwards trending team and still getting good game time.

Riddos    101

Knicks get another win and payback vs Hornets for being denied a buzzer beater 3 pointer to beat them last week. KP with another solid game, 29 points and 11 rebounds.

Watched Ben Simmons first 2 games for LSU, believe the hype, kid is something special.

LSU are fun to watch, generally go with 3 guards, Simmons and a centre. Got 2 starting players still to come into the team next month, hopefully they have a good run deep into March Madness.

Riddos    101

GSW set a record 16-0 start to the season. Looking at their future schedule it's hard to see where they drop a game anytime soon, Raptors on 05 Dec and Cavs on 25 Dec looking the toughest games in the next month.

Kamal2    231

Aussie young gun Ben Simmons college career for LSU Tigers about to kick off on ESPN2. Keen to see how he goes.

On a related note, is there any history of likely top draft picks lowering their form to avoid being in the top few picks and ending up somewhere like the 76ers? You'd think the 8 to 16 draft pick area would be the sweet spot of ending up at a decent upwards trending team and still getting good game time.

He looks like a No 1-2 pick and his form is on the table. He is half American, played HS ball in the USA, and was the No.1 player in the nation. If he enters the draft after his freshman year, he is the top pick I think.

He looks a Tim Duncan type, could dominate close to the basket. without having the shooting range of a Dirk Nowitski.

Riddos    101

Ben Simmons watch update, final line from todays winning game,

43 points

14 rebounds

7 assists

5 steals

3 blocks

Took things into his own hands after being over generous with passing/creating in previous games, quote after game 'I'm tired of losing'.

• Like 1

Tyno    1,366

This Steph Curry kid is pretty good too.

More 20+ point quarters than the rest of the league combined I think I read.

Tyno    1,366

Knowing Phoenix, he'd only have to stay there a year or 2 until they blow the team up and start again, again.

Riddos    101

Four losses in a row is getting towards earning the Suns a seat at the table in the Simmons sweepstakes.

5 West Conf teams currently under .400, only 2 East Conf. Bit of a change from recent seasons.

Cottoneyes    798

Knowing Phoenix, he'd only have to stay there a year or 2 until they blow the team up and start again, again.

True, kind of has me wondering why I bother staying loyal to them, but really get stuck when trying to figure out what other team to support after being purple for the last 25 years, would seem strange to go for any other team. I also have the added benefit of being able to watch just about any other game and getting excited about seeing so and so on their bench and remembering how good they were that one season they played for us.

After today, expect the Suns to be in 3rd or 4th last place, with a good chance for the Lakers to finish higher by the end of the regular season. I like the odds, hate the current play. They really are a team without direction and half appear to not want to be there. Things might change when the manager and coach both get moved on this Summer together with 3/4 of the playing roster. My opinion - keep Len and Booker, everyone else is on the table

Riddos    101

And now the Knicks in the hunt for a new coach.

Time for Phil to ditch needing someone to run his triangle offence and just get the best coach available (Tom Thibodeau) and give them some freedom.

Cottoneyes    798

Hopefully we get to see some moves before the trade deadline, lots of musings about rosters being shaken up etc, no real action of yet. Guessing a few of the teams in question have no head coach at the moment, or are rumoured to be about to axe the coach

Riddos    101

Best Slam Dunk comp in many a year today, LaVine eventually getting the win over Aaron Gordon. Gordon's under both legs with the Mascot assist was the best of the night for mine.

And Klay with a big finish in the 3 Point comp to beat Steph.

Riddos    101

For those with Foxtel, new NBA show on ESPN on Friday mornings (7:30am in NSW), 'The Jump', hosted by the excellent Rachel Nichols.

goughy    2,147

Are we talking Continuum and final season of Alias, Rachel Nichols? I love her!