Phoebus

Be on the lookout - stolen Shiv

Scumbags broke into my storage cage (basement, supposedly secured, thick chain) in Richmond, VIC, and have knicked my:

- Distinctive Specialized Shiv Pro, black with grey decals, with upgraded 3T bars, xlab BTA, sitaero saddlle with spare kit in rear cage

- ENVE 6.7 clinchers

- Rudy fluero green helmet wingspan with Pete Jacobs' signature on both sides.

Incredibly sentimentally valuable to me, did my first Ironman with this gear.
If you seek anyone hawking any of this stuff, please PM me. Reward offered.

Yes I have the serial nos, yes it's reported, yes I'm hoping insurance will cover some (not all) of it.

You should have the bike inside the house if its an expensive bike. Lets say it cost you $8000, well you had to earn approx $14000 to pay $8K.

Leave bike in house or get it separately insured.

Hope you get it back . PS...... keep an eye out on the various auction sites over the next few months. If its distinctive enough it may stay hidden for a few months.

I live in a one bedroom apartment (moving soon thank god). With a "secure" basement. Swipe card access, Wire cages, big arse chain and padlock, CCTV. Somehow didn't think it would happen to me, though it's a familiar story.

Bugger. Bad news mate.

Good luck with it and if all else fails I hope the insurance company is good to you.

Without wanting to foredoom anything, my contents cover didn't cover the storage cage in the car park. Found that out after my bikes got pinched.

Body Corp insurance might be worth a crack if you don't have any luck.

Have you posted a photo of it on Facebook and bicycle marketplace and triathlon marketplace, etc? Although maybe that will push out further underground.

Can you post a photo here?

Belated thanks for the lookout. Mine was a large. Insurance has been relatively good so going round again (and have moved somewhere more secure)

Edited by Phoebus

A friend of mine saw a Shiv been ridden around Ricmond Commision homes today. Check FB for a post on triathlon marketplace...

He said the guy looked suspicious with trackies, no helmet and baseball cap backwards.

Thanks NW55 (Aaron I think....) Unfortunately bike spotted wasn't mine.

BUT in good news, they have caught the ****er. No sign of the bike of course, but at least the scumbag is off the streets!

Edited by Phoebus
  • Like 1

Not Aaron, but glad the found the low life... Hopefully they will be able to track the bike down for you..

Thanks NW55 (Aaron I think....) Unfortunately bike spotted wasn't mine.

BUT in good news, they have caught the ****er. No sign of the bike of course, but at least the scumbag is off the streets!

Check cash converters in Toorak rd Burwood ., that's where I found Mrs F stolen bike .

Has/had a lot of bikes.