Cranky

What do you eat for breakfast?

2 weetbix, rolled oats, processed bran, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, chia seeds, protein powder. Add milk. Mmmmm, tasty

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened), 1/2 cup water, 15g protein powder, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana

Made in porridge

Post 90min run

• Like 1

Last 10 years or so, 2 vita brits with cold milk. For 5 years before that 3 vita brits with cold milk. Dead quick. Funny I'm not really bored with it either. Used to change my breakfast cereal after around 5 years, but after seeing how much added sugar nearly all of them (corn flakes, nutri-grain etc) have stopped doing that.

• Like 1

Right now it is -3 C. We are off on a ride in 75 mins time if the ice has thawed. I open to suggestions for brekkie. :)

Hot Chocolate

If have protein powder. Mix with some milk first to make paste then add hot water (not boiling).

Hmm, I'm at my Mums house, all I can see in the cupboard is Colemans mustard, Tesco honey and Tetley tea. Porridge will have to do for starters!

• Like 1

I usually have my own museli with walnuts in it but since my son had a pretty bad anaphylactic reaction to walnuts I've had to get rid of all my museli. All I had today was a black coffee and I ran really well, this may become my pre race breakfast.

Here is my breakfast - Miniature egg quiches with bacon, tomato or whatever.

I make these on Sunday night when cooking dinner, and pack them in the fridge for the week .... I often get up and leave the house before the wife is out of bed so I can grab a pre-packed, high protein breakfast and go .... eat in the car.

Ingredients:

Dozen eggs

muffin tin

oil/butter

assorted fillings of your choice (bacon, capsicum, onion, ham, cooked chicken breast, tomato, chili etc etc etc)

Destructions:

In a muffin tin (12 large muffin size one) I half fill each muffin hole (he he ... muffin hole...) with chopped bacon, tomato, capsicum (really whatever is going - ham, cooked sweet potato, chopped up cooked chicken breast ...etc). I always add some chili and/or pepper ... Make sure you grease the muffin holes to stop them sticking...

Whisk up a dozen eggs in a bowl with a tiny bit of milk. Fill up each muffin hole to the top with your egg mixture

Bake for 20 mins in oven.

Viola! Easy as!

A dozen super healthy, high protein breakfast quiches! Thats my breakfasts sorted for 3 or 4 days....

I put them in the fridge in bundles of 2 or 3 ...... get up in the morning and grab a pack and go.

I suppose you could microwave them for 20 seconds before you leave home, but I usually just sit them on the coffee machine whilst I make a coffee to warm them up a bit, or eat straight from the fridge.

These sound arwsome

I'm gunna make some right now

Thanks

Ivp

• Like 1

These sound arwsome

I'm gunna make some right now

Thanks

Ivp

Agree

My breakfast alternates between scrambled eggs with baked beans and muesli/granola with fruit and yoghurt. If pushed for time, it's a smoothie. If really pushed for time, an Up n Go. For disaster times, a banana and double espresso.

Coffee. Or no doze ;). Often then train.

Post....

Midweek often a wholemeal roll and two eggs. Or a protein dairy fruit smoothie.

Weekend varies but an omelette or giant smoothie mostly.

Not that rigid. Just look to get protein and if trained sufficient carbs to reload and deal with the day ahead.

Oh. And more coffee. :)

Edited by Mjainoz

My day of training + meals

Pre Run - 50g Sweet Potato + 1/2 Banana

Run - 2 hours (electrolyte tab in water)

After run - 1/2 scoop Protein powder mix with water + 1 piece of homemade bread

Lunch - Broccoli Tuna Frittata (homemade), Kale, Cucumber, Sweet Potato

Bike/Run - 60km + 15mins off the bike (2 electrolyte tab in water) 33 degrees + mini strength/mobility circuit

After session - 1/2 scoop Protein Powder with water

Dinner - Chicken, Broccoli, Cucumber, Potato mashed

• Like 1

Nearly every single day of the year.....

Mug of tea, bowl of 2 or 3 crushed vitabrits, milk in both, one tea spoon of sugar in both. Currently happening to put some sultana's on the cereal too.

Once in a while it might be coco pops or sultana bran. But pretty much the above for more years than I can count!

cept it used to be a desert spoon of sugar......

Coffee. Or no doze ;). Often then train.

Post....

Midweek often a wholemeal roll and two eggs. Or a protein dairy fruit smoothie.

Weekend varies but an omelette or giant smoothie mostly.

Not that rigid. Just look to get protein and if trained sufficient carbs to reload and deal with the day ahead.

Oh. And more coffee. :)

Am I the only person who doesn't drink coffee/no doze/redbull/etc ????

• Like 1

No mate.. Never had coffee in my life. No red bull, no no doze, no pre workout.

Don't need stimulates to stimulate myself, just waking enough is for me.

Nope.

No tea coffee caffeinated drinks or alcohol here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can't stand coffee or the smell of it. Never had redbull or no doze. I take tea and coke intravenously!

tomorrow, half a bottle of malto with a dash of gatorade while I get the workout going

weetbix, bacon eggs coffee

pancakes if I treat myself

tomorrow, half a bottle of malto with a dash of gatorade while I get the workout going

weetbix, bacon eggs coffee

pancakes if I treat myself

Mmmmmmm pancakes!

My 10 yold doesn't ... She makes a good doppio espresso though ;). Every day for mum.

I never did drink coffee till a friend who is a very senior sports scientist here in Australia said to me one night (c1989) in jest at a dinner party, that I would never be a good endurance athlete if I didn't drink coffee. That night I had my first coffee. A few years later c 1993 I bought my first espresso machine and went on the hunt for coffee nirvana. Is a drug. No doubt :)

Anyhow. You are here to prove that thesis re coffee and good as wrong. And I'm here to also say it didn't work for me! Still. I'm an addict. But if I'm sick it's the first thing I drop. Says something. Actually that and wine is the only thing my dog runs away from if I stick it under his nose!

Seriously - there does seem to be some good science behind its worth as a currently legal drug for sport ... Eg

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/723503

Fat burning and perception.

Edited by Mjainoz

I hate the smell of coffee, haven't had a no-doze since nightclubs in the 80's, and never had a redbull/energy drink in my life.

Earl grey tea every morning (have one in a thermos waiting for me in the car after swimming), and a couple of pepsi-max during the day. I get my caffeine in small hits.

Thanks to my new blender for the hollandaise sauce! (Maybe this post should be in the smoothie thread! )

a09f3fd9b598e0bca9d6f73107a15587.jpg

87b47859a778c7e8ecbfe1dbd132fe7f.jpg

OK. What can I eat for breakfast that won't have me starving at 9:30.

Normally I'm fine, but if I do a hard swim session (2km TT & 10 x 100m plus misc. this morning) it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I'm hungry again in no time. Cereal doesn't work, nor toast. I tried bacon eggs & tomato this morning, with a hot chocolate to wash it down, and I'm already drooling on my keyboard looking at Cranky's eggs in the post above. What will work?

Normally I'm fine, but if I do a hard swim session (2km TT & 10 x 100m plus misc. this morning) it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I'm hungry again in no time. Cereal doesn't work, nor toast. I tried bacon eggs & tomato this morning, with a hot chocolate to wash it down, and I'm already drooling on my keyboard looking at Cranky's eggs in the post above. What will work?

Porridge!

I'm sitting here fighting off the urge to walk to the fridge and get out a coke.

walk to the bathroom and check out your figure in the mirror - works every time

• Like 2

Put some generous amount of avo on your B&E, works well.

• Like 5

Of course you're more hungry after a hard training session.

Have an apple.

Not just more hungry. I had a bigger than normal breakfast. The type that could often have me waiting till 2pm for lunch. Ninety minutes later and I feel like I need to eat the same meal again.

I like your avo idea Rog. I love avocado so may as well duck out and buy some now. The only problem is the shop that sells avocado also sells chips/chocolate/lollies/coke, and I'm starving. :shutup:

walk to the bathroom and check out your figure in the mirror - works every time

Sorry CL, that won't work. I'm starting to become happy with it. The waist has dropped 5cm and the chest has gone up 2cm. I can actually see some definition for a change. The nurse at the blood bank even commented on the change last visit. :naughty:

Good metabolism.

Try and balance your breakfast into some fat, protein and carbohydrate rather than focussing on one of them predominately. You are most likely a little dehydrated which can cause hunger (IMO) and glycogen depleted.

If you push your finger into shin does it make a dent which doesn't going away immediately?

Eat some nuts maybe.

I like your avo idea Rog. I love avocado so may as well duck out and buy some now.

It's even tastier if you squeeze a bit of lemon, salt & pepper.

• Like 1

Put some generous amount of avo on your B&E, works well.

X2 oh and since changing the way I eat I'm actually not hungry at all after big training sessions.