Sign in to follow this  
TrinewB

Advice for MTB newB trying to qualify for Cross Tri worlds

pretty sure all off road riding in centenial park is bad juju and you'll get fined if you get caught...

Yes managed to find a few good stories about people getting caught. Such a shame as it's just on my door step

A trek depending on where you are, but I took my young fella up to Mt Annan Botanical Gardens last weekend. Graded loops about 9.7km total for the whole lap, pretty much all single-track. Not bad for a beginner and you could get a decent workout as well as working on technical skills. You can just repeat the advanced bit if you want more jumps.

Have heard Cecil Hills is a bit better though and perhaps closer.

A trek depending on where you are, but I took my young fella up to Mt Annan Botanical Gardens last weekend. Graded loops about 9.7km total for the whole lap, pretty much all single-track. Not bad for a beginner and you could get a decent workout as well as working on technical skills. You can just repeat the advanced bit if you want more jumps.

Sounds arwsome

Get out there MTbnewB

Cheers

Ivp

I'm doing a 6hr on my fatbike trinewB tommorow in albury

Come on down

Cheers

Ivp

Thanks mate thats about an hours drive and is the track at Mt Annan marked? where would I start any advice on a good starting point?

I'm doing a 6hr on my fatbike trinewB tommorow in albury

Come on down

Cheers

Ivp

thanks couldn't get a flight in time

Yes it is designated and marked. There is a youtube gopro video you should be able to watch to see if it suits. Basically get off the Hume Hwy at the Narellan Rd exit and head west. The Bot Grds entrance is a few hundred metres on left. It is a winding road in and the track starts in the south east corner of the property. The track is on the eastern edge so is about 4kms north heading out before you return alongside the motorway (still single-track).

There is nothing too gnarly at all, but enough to challenge a newbie. I had my 10yo in tow, and he was knackered after a lap but handled the advanced section fine. If you go solo, you will get a good workout at the same time as there is a lot of pedaling also, which differs to bombing downhill where I mostly ride. Just keep doing laps til you have had enough.

Yes it is designated and marked. There is a youtube gopro video you should be able to watch to see if it suits. Basically get off the Hume Hwy at the Narellan Rd exit and head west. The Bot Grds entrance is a few hundred metres on left. It is a winding road in and the track starts in the south east corner of the property. The track is on the eastern edge so is about 4kms north heading out before you return alongside the motorway (still single-track).

There is nothing too gnarly at all, but enough to challenge a newbie. I had my 10yo in tow, and he was knackered after a lap but handled the advanced section fine. If you go solo, you will get a good workout at the same time as there is a lot of pedaling also, which differs to bombing downhill where I mostly ride. Just keep doing laps til you have had enough.

thanks will give it go !

thanks couldn't get a flight in time

Don't you have a car???

Lol

Cheers

Ivp