Dromana

What would you pay for zwift?

What would you pay for zwift and what additional functions would you expect?

For me, I would like a few more tracks and the training functions that's been promised.

I would pay $15 a month, maybe more.

For me it's a tough one as I can't see it replacing the core of my training. It is fun and I'd like to have a ride now and then but it comes pricey for the non-regular user (yes I know it's not much but all adds up)

I still prefer to train on my own little boring world without the distraction of other riders however, may depend on how it evolves

What would you pay for zwift and what additional functions would you expect?

For me, I would like a few more tracks and the training functions that's been promised.

I would pay $15 a month, maybe more.

This is the sort of figure they were talking about at the launch.

$10-15 is the price point as long as it does at least what trainer road does.

$10-15 is the price point as long as it does at least what trainer road does.

Yep, plans, targets, workout database and ability to create your own all necessary to become the go to program (for me). Not sure about longer rides though, I like the ability to minimize trainerroad to a strip along the bottom of the screen, so that would be useful - but then defeats the purpose I suppose

$10 per month sounds about right. I have only used it once but enjoyed it.

Assuming they keep developing it I can see it becoming a great tool, once structured training is in there as promised that will help a lot. I would also love if it ran through an IOS app totally, but that may be asking too much!

Other than that the gaming side of things could be fleshed out a lot for people interested in that. A full career mode, unlocking courses, getting signed to teams, earning the ability to enter races (like the group ride at the Giro) could all be tied back to the gaming element. At the moment I see XP points coming up during the ride, but it does not seem to equate to anything.

$10 per month sounds about right. I have only used it once but enjoyed it.

Assuming they keep developing it I can see it becoming a great tool, once structured training is in there as promised that will help a lot. I would also love if it ran through an IOS app totally, but that may be asking too much!

Other than that the gaming side of things could be fleshed out a lot for people interested in that. A full career mode, unlocking courses, getting signed to teams, earning the ability to enter races (like the group ride at the Giro) could all be tied back to the gaming element. At the moment I see XP points coming up during the ride, but it does not seem to equate to anything.

Good points raised. There's a general format with mass multi player games and career type games where more effort opens up more of the game. Sort of like the soccer games where you enter a tournament or a world cup.

As far as i can tell, the Xp gets you more bikes and more outfits.

As far as i can tell, the Xp gets you more bikes and more outfits.

Correct

more xp means more customisation.

everyone starts off with a choice of once bike/jersey/wheels

over time you get different wheels/frames/jerseys

I would just like to know where they keep the 'achievements'

1.21gigawatts achievement popped up on the screen last week

proof of it seems rather lacking

I have been looking at getting a smart trainer and getting into Zwift but just had an email announcing a 50% price increase! Need to sign up before  December to lock the old pricing in until November 2018, but is it worth it? Will those on Zwift now pay up next year? I assume this will also give any competitors a chance to get established. Is there anyone else out there doing the same sort of thing now? 

22 minutes ago, Stem said:

I have been looking at getting a smart trainer and getting into Zwift but just had an email announcing a 50% price increase! Need to sign up before  December to lock the old pricing in until November 2018, but is it worth it? Will those on Zwift now pay up next year? I assume this will also give any competitors a chance to get established. Is there anyone else out there doing the same sort of thing now? 

Road grand tours - real roads with racing if it takes off , interested to see how it goes 

I'm about to sign up for zwift and saw the price increase - I didn't see it mention about getting the old price if you sign up before December, is that a definite?

21 minutes ago, Herby said:

I'm about to sign up for zwift and saw the price increase - I didn't see it mention about getting the old price if you sign up before December, is that a definite?

The email I got below. I did a free trial when it first came out, so I'm not sure if it's only for people on their database.

Effective November 16, 2017, we increased our monthly Zwift membership from USD$9.99 to USD$14.99 (your price may vary due to local currency or tax requirements). 

Good news, as a valued member of the Zwift community, you’re grandfathered at the old pricing until November 15, 2018 if you join Zwift before December 15, 2017. In other words, you’ve got a month to lock in this lower rate. Click here to learn more. 

Happy to pay $20 a month.  People pay a shit tin more for foxtel etc. I life zwift & the features it has. 

I would like more courses & some famous climbs etc 

I think this may of happened. I only want to see the grade I'm racing in, in events. 

I pay $17.99 for 5 people on spotify.  I download a lot from it as i travel a lot. I listen to a lot of music, couldn't live without it.

I can get it for free with a few adds but time is money for me.

if im using zwift, happy to pay the going rate, would probably pay more in reality if i needed to train,  as I think its good and takes your mind away from batshit boring.  

What do I think its actually worth, to turn a computer on and run some software.   Youtube, facebook etc all do that for free so not much, definitely 50% less than spotify.

Oh hang on, triathletes and cyclists pay $10k for bikes so they can charge heaps and cyclists and triathletes shouldn't whinge as they pay $10k for bikes...... isn't that the standard argument.... lol

Edited by Oompa Loompa

I wouldn't pay $20 a month for zwift. There's no value in it when I'd only ride indoors once a week. Same as I don't have a weekly swim thing anymore because I swim manly-shelley 2/3 times. I guess for me it's one of those things I can live without. Especially considering hardware costs associated. 

Compare it to other similar types of tech. Aka Xbox/PlayStation networks and you realise just how expensive it has become. Xbox is circa $60 to play online for a year. Plus a game or two and it's still cheaper than zwift and there is a whole lot more work that goes into it... 

Well the increase has helped ive never seen numbers over 1000. 

This morning. 3000+

281FD42B-CA07-4AAA-BFE9-9990A2DC4A27.png

The most I've seen on Zwift was last Thurs night, 2344 . (all faster than me :lol:)

8 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Can some explain what zwift is/does. And I am being serious.

It's an interactive internet video game (i.e. simulated cycling with others over various courses) in which the device you play the game with is riding your bike on an indoor trainer.

It's purpose is to make indoor training more fun, or less dull if you like.

To participate you need the right indoor equipment set up (e.g. bike, indoor trainer, video display via computer/tablet and devices to provide input data from your bike such as speed, power or simulated power and so on), an internet connection and a Zwift subscription.

• Like 1

Thanks Alex. I have seen people post zwift rides on strata. Some seem to go over water which is a bit weird. I assume you can ride against or with others right.....cool.

if I have to plug something in then it’s not for me. 

14 hours ago, Alex Simmons said:

It's an interactive internet video game (i.e. simulated cycling with others over various courses) in which the device you play the game with is riding your bike on an indoor trainer.

It's purpose is to make indoor training more fun, or less dull if you like.

To participate you need the right indoor equipment set up (e.g. bike, indoor trainer, video display via computer/tablet and devices to provide input data from your bike such as speed, power or simulated power and so on), an internet connection and a Zwift subscription.

its quite good, and it does hit the "less dull if you like".  would have loved it back in the day of six hours on a wind trainer session pre IM when it was raining

I don’t use Zwift, I have once or twice but I ride outside and I am not concerned by the elements.

But I noticed it is now avivable on Apple TV. Anyone playing it on the new Apple 4K? What is it like?

I ride outside on my mountain bike as it’s safe , I ride my tri bike on a trainer as it’s safe. Cost isn’t a concern