Well, with less than 4 weeks to go to IM Cairns, I was wondering if there would be any takers for a Beer Mile on the Monday 15 June at 3:00pm on The Esplanade just North of last year's Beer Mile, so we are out of the security cameras view.

The Beer Mile location is approx 2 kms North of last year's finish line and expo. Also, it is located about 200M North of the toilets opposite Coral (Trannie) Towers.

If you want to participate then post here, but after the very successful IMOz Trannie Beer Mile 2015, we have blown the budget (again), so you will have to bring your own 4 cans of beer and support crew. I will have a new Mile of Famers Trophy for IM Cairns Beer Mile. I will also have the usual IM Cairns Trannie Beer Mile badges for those who register on here.

Here is a link to IMOz 2015 Beer Mile just gone....

And probably the best vid ever of a Beer Mile from Gizmo. If this link doesn't work then go to post #161 from IMOz 2015 Beer Mile on page 7 and open it up.

Beer Mile from Cairns last year.. going to miss it 2015 but reckon will be back 2016..

Featuring the full and half BM and introducing Miss "Carrots".

PASSWORD IS

beermile

I wonder if Miss Carrots will make an appearance there again? She was a bit of a star in Gizmos vid, just the lighting was adjusted accordingly at the right time.

Also, if you think you should be on the Mile of Famers Trophy for Cairns Beer Mile, then put up a post and a reason and I could have it fixed in time for Monday 15 June 2015.

If I have 4 beers on the Monday that will make 8 beers this year.

I'll start but will probably fall asleep before I run a mile.

• Like 1

The Port Beer Mile was a magnificent event but I was disappointed with my result. Improving my Trannies Beer Mile PB is the only reason I am doing IM Cairns :)

• Like 1

I sadly will miss the Beer mile for the first time in 4 years due to me not entering the qualifier.

I have got a trophy made up just like the one in Port Mac. Ill get it to the winner once i make it back into the country from this extended holiday I am on.

I hope someone gets a video so we can relive the moments.

I too will miss Carrots and her ability to push though the hard chunks and continue to drink and run. Well Done Carrots.

Can anyone help me out to get the main trophy up to cairns from Sydney please.

A friend of mine will have it in the Rhodes /home bush area.

If someone could take it up yo cairns that would be awesome.

Hello.. here is the link to last years CAIRNS Beer Mile..

Special mention to Skel for help with filming..

Also will not be there this year, but its the best IM on the AU calendar..

password is

beermile

Main

vimeo.com/davidcollierfilms

Edited by Gizmo

Is there an option for those participating in the "Enticer" (70.3) if so maybe I will target next year.

Wish I could do the whole thing, but damn my hips and right ankle cannot go over about 21k.

Mmmmmmm, my last post didn't appear to post. I said thet there are enough starters for the Cairns Trannie Beer Mile to be held at 3:00pm on Monday 15 June 2015.

OK, looks like it's all posting OK.

Beer Mile will be held opposite Coral Towers accomodation, approx 2 kms North of the finish line and along the Esplanade. There is a set of toilets opposite Coral Towers and there was an Aid Station for the run just nearby, which was handy for rubbish bins and also using the wasted fruit in those rubbish bins for the Tropical theme of last year's run....have a look at Gizmo's vid.

I have the Mile of Famers trophy on board and was wondering if anyone managed to bring up Rattie's trophy from Sydney? If you think you may be a winner of this prestigious event, then prebook extra luggage for your trophy. Last year's trophy was left in the back seat of a hire car to avoid extra baggage costs. Or, I will deliver the trophy to IMOz next year as I'm driving up again....3rd time in 4 years, but heading home via Birdsville, Camerons Corner, Bourke and if the nights are real cold then these trophies may be used for a fire to keep warm...so prebook your extra luggage.

Again, it is 4 cans of beer of your choice and you will need your own support crew and handler. We will organise timers on the day, just like last year and the Trannie Trophy goes to the first Trannie home. I wonder if the Qld Police Force will make an appearance again this year???? See you there and I have Trannie Cairns IM Beer Mile badges available at Pasta night.....just look for a whitish beard under a Tranny (old style) cap and I'll give you one.

• Like 3

Strangly enough have never done one of those. I get that there's 4 runs and i would assume from the title 400m (4×400=1 mile) i think and a beer needs to be consumed during but what are the mechanics?

Does everone go off together or is timed "time trial" style. Wave starts or is WTC stumping up the timing equipment so the craze of rolling start be employed.

Traditional mass start.

It's an epic sight (and sound) when all those cans open at the same time.

Do finisher pix do an aerial shot just after the start?

Okay people, even though I can't walk I'm still looking forward to this.

I'll be dragging a few of the Fraser Coast crew along as well.

See you there.

Have fun this afternoon even if no PBs.

Just about to head off to Green Island with the family to make the most of this great FNQ weather.

Hope to catch up again this evening at Awards

Won't be coming along today, chilling at home. If anyone has tickets for tonight they don't wish to use or are flying out early, I am happy to grab a few. Have a great run.

Thanks again to Coffs Pete.

Pretty poor Trannies turn out sadly with just me and Foz and newcomer Cowboy Jeff taking part. Thankfully there were a few ring ins to boost the numbers.

Great to see Sunnygirl spectating and Youngy2 came along for some fun as well.

It was a pretty elite field out there today with half the competitors being Kona qualifiers so poor old Foz (Angus) and me didn't stand a chance and filled the final two placings.

• Like 2

Nice one Downsey and Foz..

Shame I was not there this year.... :sleepy:

Once again thanks Coffs Pete.. you got your moneys worth yesterday mate.. how many does that make count? 25?

Edited by Gizmo

Well it was a tough day for Beer Mile yesterday with ToiletMan taking over the run path There were a new couple of blokes from Tassie who must have come via Tassie as they had to go and buy some beers Anyway, a great group of people with the usual boys dressed as girls cowboys and Indians Angus from ACDC and the list goes on Fortunately we had professional videoing done by The Secret Video Man and hopefully that will be posted here soon There was another unveiling of the Mile of Famers Trophy with the usual Trannies on there plus Gizmo Stig/Angus Trout Rosie and Family The timing results were collated and Sunnygirl should post them shortly Thanks to all participants wives girlfriends spectators and the effort put into dressing accordingly to the climate Looking forward to seeing the vid and Sunnygirls pics ToiletMan came last PETE

• Like 3