Sign in to follow this  
iFoz

Seeking a Race Director for a Running and Cycling Event in Melbourne

Are you a Race Director? or know of one? that would be interested in hosting an event that is part of a series of global races, over two weeks in January 2016.

A multi Guiness World Record holding friend of mine from Doha, has contacted me, seeking assistance in finding a willing Race Director.

The preliminary details are explained in the email extract below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mark,
Wanted to advise you that my company is arranging a race around the world to complete a marathon and a cycle race on each of the 7 continents in under 2 weeks.
Earlier this year, I organized the Triple 7 Quest, a quest to run 7 marathons on 7 continents in potentially 7 days and our first event was at Princes Park, Melbourne.
As such, I wanted to reach out to you and ask you if you could ask your contacts in the Tri and running circles in Melbourne if they are keen to arrange the Austalasian leg of the event for us in Melbourne.
We would be bringing with us about 60 atheletes. Half of them would either do a marathon or half marathon and the other half a road race of 50k or 100k.
We would just like a small low key event on the 3rd week of Jan 2016. They can create a 5.275k looped course and our runners would do 8 laps around it to complete the course. For the road bike....perhaps a 20km course for 5 laps.
We will be bringing with us some challeneged athletes as well as international media so there will be lots of publicity around it.
Please let me know if any event organizer would be keen to help us out by either arranging the event. We would be happy to pay the costs of arranging the event and they can open the event for public as well.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Many thanks,
Ziyad