Rough Rider

Port IM on 7Mate - Sunday 17/05/2015

Just a Heads-Up that 7Mate have been fairly reliable in showing IM coverage 2weeks after the event which makes this Sunday, 17/05/2015 the day.

EPG has something from 1300 to 1400 but no further details at this stage other than it is 'Triathlon'.

Add it to your watch-list if you are keen.

• Like 1

You seem excited...

Yes yes yes! !!

Someone needs to return me a favour and YouTube it.

Yes please! I missed it. Went to a friends place for a birthday lunch but she said she would tape it. Went to watch it before we left and the silly tv only recorded 7 minutes of it [emoji24] [emoji22] [emoji24] [emoji30] [emoji35] [emoji34] [emoji107]

The Crankster!!!!!!

Am I famous? ?? Edited by Cranky

Yes you were on at the end crossing the line.

Woooo hooooo.

See! The camera man knows what excitment looks like! !

Anyone know how yo get it from a Panasonic hard disk recorder to youtube??

No, but I think I have it coming on a DVD today. Tell me how to put that on YouTube and I'll do it.

Anyone know how yo get it from a Panasonic hard disk recorder to youtube??

I tried to get it off my Topfield recorder last night. Failed miserably. If there is a USB port, try to plug it in and find something in the menu to copy it over.

Then just convert it to the right format on your computer and upload to YouTube. Not sure how you get around the 10 minute restriction though. Nealo knows. Or just cut to the bit with Cranky in it.

Edited by PaperMan
  • Like 1

Sorry guys it's hard to help get this on to youtube. Not sure about the time limit thing, maybe because I'm a Guru (as Coffs Pete puts it) I'm not restricted to 10mins.

I capture it straight to my computer so it's quite easy for me.

Others who capture to PVR need to somehow get it off but the file format can be restricting.

Off topic a bit but was that our own Ex Hasbeen losing the lead on the run to a shirtless Tony Sattler from sometime in the 80's in the 30 yrs flashbacks?

Off topic a bit but was that our own Ex Hasbeen losing the lead on the run to a shirtless Tony Sattler from sometime in the 80's in the 30 yrs flashbacks?

No shit? Doyley is in this forum???

i watched it and really dont like how they use footage from previous years. the water was never that clear and i saw those shots from last year. are they just trying to make it more appealing to anyone thinking about doing it ? i didnt see any sign of the logs/tree branches floating in the water.

• Like 1

i watched it and really dont like how they use footage from previous years. the water was never that clear and i saw those shots from last year. are they just trying to make it more appealing to anyone thinking about doing it ? i didnt see any sign of the logs/tree branches floating in the water.

Yeah! We are hardcore! We swam over trees and branches and couldn't see what was under the water. We should get extra credit for that! [emoji14]

Yeah! We are hardcore! We swam over trees and branches and couldn't see what was under the water. We should get extra credit for that! [emoji14]

sorry but i didnt actually mean that. i always like watching these as you it gives you a better idea of what went on for everyone else rather than just your personal view. so when they dont use footage from the day but from prior years then it really isnt about port mac 2015.

Had a quick look at the EPG and 7Mate are showing 'Triathlon' on again this coming Sunday 1200-1300. It maybe that they are replaying Port. Keep an eye out if you missed it the first time

Had a quick look at the EPG and 7Mate are showing 'Triathlon' on again this coming Sunday 1200-1300. It maybe that they are replaying Port. Keep an eye out if you missed it the first time

My TV Guide App says this time slot is the Mandura 70.3 highlights.

BTW, congrats on making a 0.5sec appearance in the coverage. :smile1:

Maybe I've watched these shows for too many years ( still have 1996 ch9 coverage on DVD), but geez they lack imagination.

Same format year after year.

In all honesty, who do the producers think are going to watch this show?

The punters/ family members of those that did it.

Why?

To see if they make the coverage,of course.

Does anyone really care about the Pro's? Certainly, not the general public. The field is so depleted of "top notch" Pro's that even we have never heard of them. The females even more so.

IMHO, the only way to make this interesting in with " human interest" stories. Whatever may be said about Dave Ross's ability to build his legacy year after year, at least he shows some passion for what he does.

The rest of it was just plain "vanilla".

And what about devoting more than the last 20 seconds to those that finish after dark. It does comprise more than 50% of the field after all!

• Like 2

Luckily Most of the trees and branches where not in the water when the swim was on, they came in on the next tide

Amazing timing

Cheers

Ivp

We got an email from TWA saying that this was going to be Busselton 113 (I prefer metric.)

We got an email from TWA saying that this was going to be Busselton 113 (I prefer metric.)

You are correct Sticky. I just doubled checked the app. It says Busselton 70.3.

Can we play spot the Tranny?

gregb

iFoz

Cranky

AP

Coffs Pete

TenPints

What times is everyone else at? ?

What times is everyone else at? ?

gregb - 45:55 (Trannies hat on left).

iFoz - 46:00 (pacing off two guys).

Cranky - 47:20 (can't really miss you).

AP - 08:15 (interview).

Coffs Pete - 18:29 (at T1, a natural in front of the camera).

TenPints - 46:35 (right in the background in red, only know it's me due to the inelegant running style - which also features in the short "Run Highlights" at the 1 minute mark).