Sign in to follow this  
James

2015 Moreton Bay Grand Prix

Hi all, planning is well under way for this years duathlon at Lakeside Raceway. Slight change of date this year due to track availability on 1st August, but it has worked out ok being the weekend before the TQ State Duathlon champs. I have also added a third race for 7-11 year olds and this will be 400/4/400 and be held running along the pits and riding laps of the main straight so should be as safe as we can make it. We are keeping the Enduro category which people race both of the adult races and the times are combined. There will be just over $2000 in prize money with the chance of the winners of the Enduro winning up to $620, if they also win all the Primes.

I'm looking to make this race a bit different to other races, so am very open to any feedback on things you would like to see at an event. I would really like to handicap the second race for the Enduro people, but just unsure how to do this and get the timing correct, considering we will be doing the timing with Racesplitter on an iPad. One other idea I had while running the other day was to have a totally voluntary feature I could call 'Race Dating', a bit similar to Speed dating but would be held on a race track and not a pub and it would involve indicating on the registration page if you were single and not looking- 'S', single or taken and looking- 'L' or taken and not looking- 'T'. This code would be then placed on your leg or somewhere and people could have a bit of fun out there. Is this an innovative idea or has it been done before?

All the info is below and the Redcliffe Tri Club and myself would love to see you there.

Moreton Bay Grand Prix (Saturday 1st August 2015) - Presented by the Redcliffe Tri Club

Moreton Bay Regional Council Major Sponsor

Avantiplus North Brisbane Bike Sponsor, The Run Inn Run Sponsor, Endura Sports Nutrition Hydration Sponsor,

ASICS, Skin Strong, Entire Health, Jetts Fitness, North Lakes Aquatic Centre and Queensland Raceways

Date: Saturday 1st August 2015

Lakeside International Raceway

Lakeside Road, Kurwongbah, 4503

Race Details:

Lakeside Raceway gates open and registration for all events at 10.00 am

Short course registration & numbering closes: 11.00 am

Short course briefing and race start: 11.15 am

Short course participants can remove bikes before commencement of long course event

7-11 year old briefing and race start: 12.15 pm

Long course briefing and race start: 1.15 pm

Presentations and random draw prizes: 3.00 pm

All finished by 4.00 pm

Categories:

7-11 year old Short course Long course and Enduro

7-9 12-15 15-19

10-11 16-19 20-29

20-29 30-39

30-39 40-49

40-49 50-59

50-59 60 plus

60 plus Teams

Teams

Enduro

Combined times of both Short and Long Course races

Prizes & Trophies:

Male & Female overall in Enduro

1st $400

2nd $200

3rd $100

To make the racing a bit more interesting, there will be $40 primes for the male and female who is leading at the end of each leg in both the Long and Short course events. To make it even more exciting these primes will compound for consecutive legs which are won, so for one leg it will be $40, for two legs in a row it will be $70, for three legs in a row it will be $110, for four legs in a row it will be $160 and if you lead every five legs you will win $220 plus the $400 prize money for first place.

Age groups Male and Female in both Long, Short course and 7-11 year olds

1st, 2nd & 3rd place Medallions

Plus plenty of random draw prizes from our sponsors- The Run Inn, Avantiplus North Brisbane, Endura, ASICS, Skin Strong, North lakes Aquatic Centre, Entire Health and Jetts Fitness

Distances:

7-11 year olds- 400 m run / 4 km Bike / 400 m Run

Short Course 2 Km Run / 7 Km Bike / 1.5 Km Run

Long Course 2 Km Run / 9 Km Bike / 1.5 Km Run / 9 Km Bike / 1.5 Km Run

Entry Fees: TA lic. UnLic.***

7 to 11 year olds $20 $25

Short Course $35 $40

Long Course $45 $55

Enduro $45 $55

(***Single day Lic of $10.00 for Long course and $5.00 for Short course and 7-11 year olds, includes Personal Public Liability cover. For info contact TQ ph. (07) 33699600)

Enter at: http://www.active.com/kurwongbah-qld/duathlon/moreton-bay-grand-prix-2015

Course maps: http://redcliffetriclub.com/mbgp/

For more information contact:

James Johnston - president@redcliffetriclub.com

Let's hope the weather will be a bit better than last year ;-)

I really liked the event though, so I'll probably be back!