In the spirit of too many Port threads is never enough, I'm just wondering who's heading to Port to watch? I see on FB that Mrs Chat, Roxii, Oompa Loompa and a few others are heading up. Let us know if you're going and where you'll be.

I'm sure there's an opportunity for a little get together somewhere. Some group encouragement for those wearing the new Tranny race bibs might be just the ticket.

Heading down on Thursday afternoon to volunteer and cheer on all the Trannies !!!

Mooze has kindly offered me a bed for the weekend :) Can't wait to get down there and catch up with everyone !!!

• Like 2

SunnyG, I'm getting bum bibs for you and Chrissy even though you hadn't specifically asked.

• Like 1

Heading down on Thursday afternoon to volunteer and cheer on all the Trannies !!!

Mooze has kindly offered me a bed for the weekend :) Can't wait to get down there and catch up with everyone !!!

Sorry Sunny, I knew you were coming too. We will catch up :)

SunnyG, I'm getting bum bibs for you and Chrissy even though you hadn't specifically asked.

Wow- thanks heaps Foz :)

I'll wear it in T1 as I 'race' to help all the girls with a speedy transition !!

No tortoises this year. Mr T is having his follow-up eye surgery the Tuesday after. Cataract, triggered by the detatched retina surgery last year.

Sunny girl and TPP have been rather quite of late..... Hope they will be joining us for pre-carbo drinks!

in my 14 years attending Ironaman Australia only competed twice...so 12 years spectating...many of those at to young a age to be suitable to compete....

oh and you said Port ....not Forster the real home of Ironman Australia...... :-)

nah never been to IM Port....

in my 14 years attending Ironaman Australia only competed twice...so 12 years spectating...many of those at to young a age to be suitable to compete....

oh and you said Port ....not Forster the real home of Ironman Australia...... :-)

nah never been to IM Port....

You should have come to the Challenge Half last November. It felt like being home. There is almst nothing like running across that bridge a couple of times then finishing.

Then again, Port I feel is so much better for spectators. Yes sure, the shute at Forster (all 300 mteres of it) was phenominal plus Head Street and parts of the Lakes Way. Port is so much better as you run and ride along Clarence/Stewart Sts and Pacific Drive. Town is really abuzz.

The crowds have got bigger each year at Port with a better club/family feel. Stewart Street is getting to be an absolute hoot with the tents set up and the crowd. I reckon last year there would have been 500 people on the hill (including the bloke in red undies, socks, hat and Mr squiggle nose from PIS). I am just devastated I cannot make it this year.

Try it, you will like it.

FM

Sunny girl and TPP have been rather quite of late..... Hope they will be joining us for pre-carbo drinks!

Boo

• Like 1

Boo

Rattie and I wish to invite you and Sunny to an evening of Tim Tam, Nutella and chocolate filled indulgence and delight at Port.

Since our last gathering of this nature at Port, you and Sunny have gone on to qualify for Kona whilst Rattie and I have gone on to bigger and better things, mostly bigger now that I think about it.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company.

Rattie and TGL

• Like 3

I haven't totally given up on it yet.

Hope you make it humdrum...otherwise who will I have to go sunglasses shopping with? :smile1:

Rattie and I wish to invite you and Sunny to an evening of Tim Tam, Nutella and chocolate filled indulgence and delight at Port.

Since our last gathering of this nature at Port, you and Sunny have gone on to qualify for Kona whilst Rattie and I have gone on to bigger and better things, mostly bigger now that I think about it.

I hope you've got enough for everyone - expect gate-crashers

On the way up to port I will stop at every coles and woollies and deplete their stocks as Port won't have enough for this party.

Then again maybe someone else should as I haven't eaten a tim 5 am in months and they probably won't make it.

Did some one say Tim Tams .........and Nutella ?!?! Red wine will help make the night complete :) .............hip/ back is great. Amazing what a f@cking correct diagnosis and a few stem cells can do. Back to enjoying training buTno IM this year :)

• Like 2

Rattie and TGL

I have a pic of Go Easy, TPP, iFoz, Sunnygirl and me (IronmanFoz) celebrating at some bar post Kona preso night 2012......... Can't work out how to post it :(

Also Mr Flower and Dave T was there that year!

• Like 2

I hope you've got enough for everyone - expect gate-crashers

Did someone put it on Facebook?

Just over on the biggest loser thread.

It was a gate crashing joke

Never mind...

Yeah sorry, I was trying to be a smarty pants.

Instead of putting it on Facebook, put it over on the Biggest Loser thread, where we all obviously have a problem with TimTams. You might get some gate-crashers from there!

or maybe it was a different facebook joke i didn't get....oops

That's better :)

Sorry been training ;)

Did some one say Tim Tams .........and Nutella ?!?! Red wine will help make the night complete :) .............hip/ back is great. Amazing what a f@cking correct diagnosis and a few stem cells can do. Back to enjoying training buTno IM this year :)

So glad to see you are still trying to get everyone on the red wine night before Ironman ha ha and glad you are on the mend xo

I have a pic of Go Easy, TPP, iFoz, Sunnygirl and me (IronmanFoz) celebrating at some bar post Kona preso night 2012......... Can't work out how to post it :(

Some bar ???? Lulu's @ Kona !!! Love to see it if you can manage to post it

Rattie and TGL

Aw how sweet ...... will be lovely to see you guys again

• Like 1

Putting it on facebook generally attracts hundreds of young kiddies who proceed to trash the joint, you see

Putting it on facebook generally attracts hundreds of young kiddies who proceed to trash the joint, you see

Sounds fun.

Your room I take it.

Post it into Transitions FaceAche page and then link to that URL.

(That's what I did with the Tranny bum bib photos.)

And Coffs Pete, and Flanman, and Catcam and Pot, and Plugga and many other Trannies I cannot recall right now...

oh and AP of course!

• Like 1

And Coffs Pete, and Flanman, and Catcam and Pot, and Plugga and many other Trannies I cannot recall right now...

oh and AP of course!

It was quite a crowd,eh?

We should do it again sometime. :smartarse:

• Like 1

How did that happen...

Dunno, but I hope you bring your fluro gear so we can find you :)

Missed this thread first time round... Thanks Trinube, flamin' work gets in the way of a good time don't it!

It was quite a crowd,eh?
We should do it again sometime. :smartarse:

Would love to- 2016 ........if all goes to plan :)

What... Now you tell me! I'd have started training months ago if you told me we all had a date in Kona next year!!! :sleepy:.

Maybe we can just import some Palm Trees and enjoy all the Red Wine, Nutella & Tim Tams we like while sitting around some cheap resort pool somewhere else. Much easier that way ! :smile1:.

oh and AP of course!

What a great experience. Times like that really make me appreciate my life, I feel very lucky to have been part of it all.