Robster

TreX Cross Tri - Final race in TQ State Series

The final race of the 2014/15 TreX Cross Tri Series and the last race of the TQ State Series takes place on 2/3 May on the Sunshine Coast, get a long for your last chance to get off-road this season and a whole weekend of off-road multisport racing.

Full event info: http://tre-x.com.au/events/2015-qld-championships/

Not quite as attainable this year for the average triathlete looking to do first off road tri to earn some club series points as it was last year - 1.5/30/10. What was the distance for the TQ race last year?

Distances are the same as the past 3 years. You can always try the Sprint course option though at 350/10/4.

My hubby was going to enter but he hasn't been on his mtb for over 12 months - he was supposed to have a go on it at Easter but didn't get to it . I haven't been either so had organised to do a team.

It's a good event -- miss all the friendly faces and it was fun camping

James, are you doing this? I'm in, just hope the temperatures are still OK for camping...

As someone who's never been on a mountain bike and, to be honest, has no real interest in it, I'm surprised this event is included in the state series. If I was aiming to do well in the State Series, I'd be at a distinct disadvantage by not doing this race.

Does the NRS include a MTB race in their title series? I consider off road and on road to be two completely different sports.

Don't want to come across as a negative nellie, and this is my first post on the MTB forum, but I was just curious as to what other people thought. Maybe I'm the odd one out?

When we were doing off road Tri's and these events were part of the TQ series events - there were far more people falling off their bikes as they weren't mtb riders -- also way more slow people on the single tracks

I know you guys were focusing on the off road stuff there for a while and were doing lots of training and events (although the number of events available is probably still pretty low). I'm not sure if you agree with my thoughts about them being separate sports or not. I mean you don't earn points to the X-Terra WC at a 70.3, do you?

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter and a moot point now as it's not going to be a part of the TQ points for this year at least.

TQ getting a hard time on Facebook from a few people about it no longer being part of the series.

But couple of those people showed there ignorance about mtb when they complained how it wasn't raining on the proposed race day when the tracks would have been very wet from all the previous rain.

Often it's not the organisers that make the call, it's the authorities.

Happened last weekend with the Mt Mee Marathon. Qld Parks closed the forest. No event. Even though the weather was beautiful.

I like that this race is usually part of the TQ state series and club championships. It would be a boring series if all of the races were sprint or od tri's, so having a duathlon, aquathlon, off road tri and some various distance tri's gives more people a chance to participate in the entire series and challenges people to try different races.

• Like 1

Often it's not the organisers that make the call, it's the authorities.

Happened last weekend with the Mt Mee Marathon. Qld Parks closed the forest. No event. Even though the weather was beautiful.

The right decision was made, I have no problem with it. I think the criticism of TQ was really harsh.

So, is anyone coming up (or down) for this race? I'm in for the full long course weekend, ie triathlon (1500swim, 30k MTB, 10km trail run), trail run (8km) and MTB race (45km). It's gonna be interesting, considering I only got my new bike this weekend, and haven't ever done more than 19km on an MTB...

• Like 1

Well, that hurt... as explained above, never done more than 19km on a mountain bike (and that was the weekend before). I managed to finish all 3 events, didn't stack the bike or run, so in the end very happy. All three events were very well organised, there were free kid's runs and rides as well. After 75km of riding in 2 days, my back hurts, my legs hurt, but it was all worth it! Hope to be back next year for the full series.

• Like 1