roxii

Newbies in the house, be nice.

There's a thread over on CoolRunning bagging Transitions from a newbie interaction a fair while ago. The internet has a long memory and vibes are contagious.

There's a really good vibe about this place lately, so lets keep it rolling!

• Like 1

Yep i remember that vibe coming over from coolrunning. I still cry myself to sleep every night thinking about the treatment I receive here. My wife's used to it now though so it's all good.

I read "There's a thread over on CoolRunning bagging Transitions," and I thought to myself "so?"

• Like 1

A forum that uses Times New Roman AND Calibri. Oh my oh my CoolRunning. Major burn man!

I think I caught tourettes just looking at their opening page. Ooooh tone it down Greg.

• Like 1

Transitions laughs at the existence of coolrunning.

Only some posters. And I don't see why. Triathlon involves running. CoolRunning involves running. Just because triathlons involve running after a bike doesn't make it any different (or special, as some would let themselves think). There's lots to learn over there and here.

• Like 1

Only some posters. And I don't see why. Triathlon involves running. CoolRunning involves running. Just because triathlons involve running after a bike doesn't make it any different (or special, as some would let themselves think). There's lots to learn over there and here.

It was a joke. I'm pretty sure no one cares if a bunch of people on the internet are laughing at another bunch of people on the internet.

On topic. My post last night on the kenneth saddle topic got deleted. I assume because I said he was a girl and all I saw was waaah. I then offered a good link for saddles.

This new dude was asking if he should 'harden up' I'm pretty sure going by that language he could have taken the joke. Is it mods playing it 'safe' or are the new people no go? When is someone no longer new?

I think it's just your aggresive tone on here prizna. That and your massive frame is very intimidating.

Are you calling me fat?

On topic. My post last night on the kenneth saddle topic got deleted. I assume because I said he was a girl and all I saw was waaah. I then offered a good link for saddles.

This new dude was asking if he should 'harden up' I'm pretty sure going by that language he could have taken the joke. Is it mods playing it 'safe' or are the new people no go? When is someone no longer new?

Was the 'good link' by any chance to ladies saddles?

I then offered a good link for saddles.

Was the 'good link' by any chance to ladies saddles?

I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

I for one salute our newbies for daring to speak to the IM racing, red light running, course cutting, drafting, pack riding, drug taking serious insects. This place is not for the faint hearted.

I know I'm awesome Roxii, thanks. You're pretty awesome yourself.

I think you'll find he was referring to me...

Kenneth, would you like to comment on your "Newbie" experience thus far here on Transitions?

So far so good, Clarkey - only been a member since yesterday. I've been viewing as a guest for a while and there's been some entertainment there! Some good advice around, some good banter, a bit of trolling....all to be expecting in a forum.

I haven't had too much to do with forums in the past, but if I'm going to join a tri oriented one, it may as well be Aussie. It obviously doesn't have the members or posts of something like Slowtwitch, but it's local, so way more relevant. And who knows, I might actually meet some of the people behind the names one day...

Unfortunately I have an addictive personality, so fear that I may become like some of you with 1000+ posts...When do you all train?!

• Like 1

Goodness, so polite and assertive... I'm not sure I know how to deal with this situation.

Edited by clarkey

Ur all wrong. Twas me

Stick to what you're good at Turtle.

Animal puns. And even then you only bearly scrape through.

So far so good, Clarkey - only been a member since yesterday. I've been viewing as a guest for a while and there's been some entertainment there! Some good advice around, some good banter, a bit of trolling....all to be expecting in a forum.

I haven't had too much to do with forums in the past, but if I'm going to join a tri oriented one, it may as well be Aussie. It obviously doesn't have the members or posts of something like Slowtwitch, but it's local, so way more relevant. And who knows, I might actually meet some of the people behind the names one day...

Unfortunately I have an addictive personality, so fear that I may become like some of you with 1000+ posts...When do you all train?!

Hey Roxii, can you get the Newbies to take it easy on us?

• Like 1

When is someone no longer new?

We should set a number of posts when they reach it .... They're fair game

• Like 1

Stick to what you're good at Turtle.

Animal puns. And even then you only bearly scrape through.

If i carrot all, i cud be offernded by that

We should set a number of posts when they reach it .... They're fair game

They shouldnt be able top post until they have a set number of posts. That'll fix the wingeing.

• Like 1

This is what my parents used to do instead of telling me off they set high expectations to make you feel guilty. Reverse something or other. I guess no one told him about the hazing that starts once you hit 9 posts. I still have to use a donut cushion.

I always set my expectations really really low! That way, everything is generally a nice surprise. Trannies met my expectations :smile1:

Oh you gonna fit in just fine Ken!

• Like 2

This is what my parents used to do instead of telling me off they set high expectations to make you feel guilty. Reverse something or other. I guess no one told him about the hazing that starts once you hit 9 posts. I still have to use a donut cushion.

Haha, that doesn't sound good. I missed reading this post before I got to 9.

Can I call you ken?

Mrs Kenneth calls me Ken when I'm in trouble. Might be weird.

Kenny then?

Haha, that doesn't sound good. I missed reading this post before I got to 9.

Don't encourage them. It's like throwing a chip to the seagull. Seems innocent at the time............ till your eyes are being pecked out by all it's rabid buddies that smell blood

Can I call you ken?

Mrs Kenneth calls me Ken when I'm in trouble. Might be weird.

No, Guns actually wants to call you, Ken. I think he likes you.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

No, Guns actually wants to call you, Ken. I think he likes you.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

:)

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Some good little laughs in this thread.

Kenneth - The way we get to 1000+ posts is via time and patience (or just being yoyo and paying a few Indians to post for him - http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=61113 )

Also - this can be a good place to wind down AFTER training.

That's brilliant