Trishard

Bike transfer to Cairns IM from Melbourne

Hi all - new to this forum.

Just wondering whether anyone knows of a bike transfer service happening from Melbourne to Cairns IM in June 2015.

Tribike transfers are not doing a run from Melbourne anymore.

Thanks!

At first I though the price was stupid.

But thinking about it, for someone with no knowledge of pulling apart a bike flying interstate you'd probably be better off using those guys with the cost of hiring a bike bag, paying the bike shop to pack your bike. Extra luggage costs etc.

Lots of good chat around various places for Pye.

Agree with Brett, on face value it seems expensive but it is a pretty fair service they offer and takes one major hassle out of the picture.

Lots of good chat around various places for Pye.

Agree with Brett, on face value it seems expensive but it is a pretty fair service they offer and takes one major hassle out of the picture.

http://www.pyebikes.com/upcoming-races--domestic-.html

Never used em, follow them on twitter.

Thank you all - just touched base with Daniel from Pye Bikes and signed up without any hesitation. I have used a similar service from Melbourne to Noosa Tri and yes it costs more but by the time you add up:

- Pulling the bike apart and making sure it is all secure

- Potentially paying extra luggage on Jetstar

- Praying the baggage handlers don't treat it as a football

- Getting to the race, putting the bike together again - hopefully correctly

- After the race pulling the bike apart again etc etc etc

The cost isn't that much.

On top of that - if you are hiring a car - you can hire a cheaper, smaller car.

So it makes sense.

Anyway - i have booked it in, paid my $$ and am looking forward to a great service!

Thank you heaps Tyno for the referral!!

Edited by Trishard
  • Like 1

Hi there - new to this forum.

Hoping someone can help. I'm looking to transport my bike from Melbourne to Cairns for IM Cairns June 2016 Tribike Transfer aren't doing a Melbourne service and i've read through the thread and the Pyebikes link/website seems to no longer exist.

Any help or direction as to how to get my bike there would be great!

Thanks,

Jess

Maybe she could ride it

Cheers

Ivp

Only about 3

People would do that. You, perceval and rangamel

You cant just take it with you on the plane?

Was a bit worried about damage and it not arriving etc. Have heard some bad stories. Thought if there was a service that took it in one piece that would take one more stress out of the equation.

Don't hear to many stories these days of stuff not arriving.

99% of Members here are happy to travel with there $$$bling on the plane, then you will be fine.

Was aÃÂ bit worried about damage and it not arriving etc. ÃÂ Have heard some bad stories. ÃÂ Thought if there was a service that took it in one piece that would take one more stress out of the equation.

I've conservatively flown 30 times with my bike in the past 12 months without issue. If you pack it right it should be fine.

In saying that I'll arrive in nz in 5 weeks to a broken bike now I've made this post.

Edited by RunBrettRun

I've conservatively flown 30 times with my bike in the past 12 months without issue. If you pack it right it should be fine.

In saying that I'll arrive in nz in 5 weeks to a broken bike now I've made this post.

Just don't look out the window on Auckland to see what the handlers get up to. .

Haha i have my fingers crossed that doesn't happen to you. Thanks for the help - i think i will give it a whirl! :)

Was a bit worried about damage and it not arriving etc. Have heard some bad stories. Thought if there was a service that took it in one piece that would take one more stress out of the equation.

I have flown with my bike about 40 times and never had an issue. If you are really worried get a hard case. I have both a soft and a hard one and actually prefer the soft case with the bracket in it that you mount the bike on. If you plan on flying a lot (3 races a year) it's worth investing in one. If not you can always borrow one.

4. Paul Every :lol:

Paul would run it.