roxii

Lachie's IM Melb race report

Tried to get Lachie's autograph on the weekend but he ignored me... I was yelling and tooting and gave me nothing....

Where's the connection to the age grouper gone? Back in my day, AndeMJ or whatever his name was, would open the door for me at Frankston, wave on Wednesday's and ask how my training was going.

Tried to get Lachie's autograph on the weekend but he ignored me... I was yelling and tooting and gave me nothing....

Where's the connection to the age grouper gone? Back in my day, AndeMJ or whatever his name was, would open the door for me at Frankston, wave on Wednesday's and ask how my training was going.

If he starts not giving a rats tossbag about what we think we will have to drop him!! :lol:

• Like 2

Lachie. I know your situation...still at Uni? Right?

Nice foray into IM. Now forget it.

As soon as you can take 6 months to work on your run. Come back, 200% better.

This makes no sense to me what so ever.... I just don't get why he needs to focus on his run after IM Melb.

• Like 1

This makes no sense to me what so ever.... I just don't get why he needs to focus on his run after IM Melb.

And his previous results and his PB's over HIM and 10k (run times).

Was that during the race?? If so, I was on a completely different planet so probably why I didn't respond! Haha

Lachie. I know your situation...still at Uni? Right?

Nice foray into IM. Now forget it.

Yep still at uni!

Would love to take 6 months and just focus on my run but it's not really viable, have to keep racing in order to fulfil commitments and honestly, I truly love racing and everything I get out of it. I'm running a lot better in training then I've produced in races (HIM run best 1.22 whereas I should be able to do sub 1.20's based on training targets I hit) but the thing is I can't just go out and ride at a certain wattage in a half, the race is usually well and truly on in the bike. Hopefully the run will come with more experience in this long course game, more backend strength, and the ability to handle more run mileage.

Edited by lachie94

Yep still at uni!

Would love to take 6 months and just focus on my run but it's not really viable, have to keep racing in order to fulfil commitments and honestly, I truly love racing and everything I get out of it. I'm running a lot better in training then I've produced in races (HIM run best 1.22 whereas I should be able to do sub 1.20's based on training targets I hit) but the thing is I can't just go out and ride at a certain wattage in a half, the race is usually well and truly on in the run. Hopefully the run will come with more experience in this long course game, more backend strength, and the ability to handle more run mileage.

Nice. But I think it wont. It might go the other way. Still a few years of build, so maybe later you can focus the run. And no injury meantime

Lachie: saw you on past weekend stopped at the traffic lights of Darling and Dandenong rds

give him time. he is only young still. I imagine the strength to run well after a (pro) bike leg (variations in pace and tactics that we don't deal with) will come with a more seasoned body.

He has the open run speed (although there is always a way to improve) so I tend to think its more to do with exeperience, knowing his boundaries and simply becoming an overall better athlete, both of which come with more time.

Can't we just send him to Essendon, get him on the supplements and then conquer the world?

Why all this waiting?

Results NOW!

:D

Congrats on the race Lachie. Do NOT be hard on yourself mate. The idea of doing an IM at the age of 20 would / should be all about learning.

• Like 2

Good stuff Lachie. The race, the write-up and the responses, all good.

I'm with Coach Pete on this one, it's all learning and having a great experience. As long as you're enjoying it and don't do yourself any damage then well done! Not that I'm recommending that most people of your age should do an IM.