Prince

MOVIE REVIEWS

I saw Everest and thought it was good and very true the book, Into Thin Air. The thing is, the book is outstanding so I found myself comparing the film to the book.

Fascinating book. And not a bad movie. Shocking really, the complete lack of professionalism amongst some of the experienced guides, especially in such a dangerous sport.

Edited by zed

So what's the thoughts on Dead Pool - yet to see it but sounds pretty good.

Anyone seen Revenenennencenet (damn spell checker!) - how is it?

Spotlight. Just go and see it.

I have no doubt it is excellent and given the reviews 8.2/10 it's certainly the case.

However I'd just leave bloody angry after seeing it.

I have no idea how Catholics still go to church or have kids at catholic schools.

Until the Catholic church does something you are basically supporting child sexual abuse.

And don't get me started on the lies that Pell is telling.

Sadly it is one movie I'll just need to pass on.

• Like 1

So what's the thoughts on Dead Pool - yet to see it but sounds pretty good.

I'm keen to see it, though whether I will or not so know. I mate was posting on Facebook during the screening that the first 10mins is worth the price of admission!

There was a great post on fb doing the rounds, where deadpool was asking parents to show common sense with taking their kids to this movie, as it's rated R for a reason and they don't want the producers getting heaps of complaints as that'll knock the sequel on its head!

I wonder how much connection or relationship this had to his character in the first Wolverine movie?

I don't get to watch many new films now due to family etc. So I trawl Netflix at night looking for hidden 'gems' :)

I saw The Escape Plan with Sly and Arnie on the weekend. What a stinker! :shit:

I don't get to watch many new films now due to family etc. So I trawl Netflix at night looking for hidden 'gems' :)

I saw The Escape Plan with Sly and Arnie on the weekend. What a stinker! :shit:

If you want a light, refreshing, feel good movie that will leave you smiling check out "Never let me go" should be on Netflicks by now (2010).

:scared:

I got dragged to the movies the other day by the better half, to watch "Sisters". I grudgingly went along.

I surprisingly walked out thoroughly entertained and enjoyed the whole thing.

PS Tina Fey is hot in my book!!

Cheers

Ayto

I saw Deadpool on the weekend. I really enjoyed it. Ryan Renolds is very good. His typical sense of humour comes out in the role.

Well worth the money to go and see.

• Like 1

That's what I was hoping to hear Thommo

I'm keen to see it, though whether I will or not so know. I mate was posting on Facebook during the screening that the first 10mins is worth the price of admission!

There was a great post on fb doing the rounds, where deadpool was asking parents to show common sense with taking their kids to this movie, as it's rated R for a reason and they don't want the producers getting heaps of complaints as that'll knock the sequel on its head!

I wonder how much connection or relationship this had to his character in the first Wolverine movie?

Yes, def not a kids movie - I checked it out and it was pretty awesome but somehow didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would have - ticks all the boxes but misses out on one I can't quite put my finger on.

I dunno if I am getting old or not, but these days I rarely see a move that I think was really good.

I still remember seeing Saving Private Ryan in the cinema, and its probably the last movie I can recall where I walked out and thought "THAT was awesome"

However, in the last week or two I've had cause to watch a few bits and pieces. The wife's been out so I've been sitting down to see a few movies I've missed in the past couple of years.

So I'm here to tell you about Django Unchained - best movie I have seen in a long time.

I'm not even much of a Tarantino fan, but I thought this was an excellent movie.

Certainly the best I've seen for a while!

Saw Revenant. Longer and less whelming than I expected. Squirmed in my seat for that scene but otherwise, yeah nah

What scene?

Kindergarten Cop 2 with Dolph (instead of Arnie) is coming........

straight to DVD, surprisingly ;)

So I'm here to tell you about Django Unchained - best movie I have seen in a long time.

One of my favourites (But I am a Tarantino fan)

Saw Deadpool last night. Quality stuff. Ryan Reynolds is very good. Some of it is a bit cheesy but it about a comic character after all!

• Like 1

I'd be disappointed if there wasn't some cheese in it.

I think I'm gonna have to go see it by myself....

Edited by goughy

I dunno if I am getting old or not, but these days I rarely see a move that I think was really good.

I still remember seeing Saving Private Ryan in the cinema, and its probably the last movie I can recall where I walked out and thought "THAT was awesome"

However, in the last week or two I've had cause to watch a few bits and pieces. The wife's been out so I've been sitting down to see a few movies I've missed in the past couple of years.

I'm not even much of a Tarantino fan, but I thought this was an excellent movie.

Certainly the best I've seen for a while!

geee wizz Tri-B, you have a lot of catching up to do. You are lucky, there are even better movies out there than Django, but yes it was good. If i was you, i would start with the best picture winners for the academy awards then work your way back trough the nominations. I would probably skip birdman though.

I would probably skip birdman though.

Replace it with a little know art house film called "Frozen" which didn't seem to get anywhere near the recognition it deserved - just because it was done in cartoon format :smartarse:

The longer Django went the less I liked it. I think mid movie I hit what I have self-diagnosed as Tarantino saturation. I stopped finding his confliction of music and content to be interesting. It just all became very pretentious and predictable. Give me something different man.

Hateful 8 got meh reviews, anyone see it and like it?

The longer Django went the less I liked it. I think mid movie I hit what I have self-diagnosed as Tarantino saturation. I stopped finding his confliction of music and content to be interesting. It just all became very pretentious and predictable. Give me something different man.

Hateful 8 got meh reviews, anyone see it and like it?

I had the exact same feeling about that film. It started great but by half way I was thinking it was all too 'shouty' for me. I was glad when it was finished.