Prince

MOVIE REVIEWS

Nath.    297

I think i need to watch Birdman again.

No you don't....I tried to watch it on the w/end and turned it off after 45 mins.

Rubbish, self indulgent hollywood crap that has no relevance to most of the viewers, very tedious and boring.

Ayto    347

I've seen a total of 131 on Plaz's list. Thought it would be more actually.

Some all time favourites (in no particular order)

Pulp fiction

Dark Knight

Fight Club

Django Unchained

ScarFace

Blues Brothers

Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrels

Wolf of Wall street

District 9

Trainspotting

One flew over the cuckoos nest

Convoy

I'm a bit surprised I'm only at 104 on that list. I just love movies. Some of the best movies I have, and will only ever watch once. Citizen Kane, Schindlers List and Saving Private Ryan are 3 of those.
Still the greatest, and the grandfather of all spoof movies deserves a mention. The oft imitated but never equalled Flying High (or Aeroplane for the yanks). I don't know how many times I've seen it but it still cracks me up. Just so bloody stupid! The fan. The horse in her bed! I'm nearly crying just thinking of it.

Agree with this Goughy, but even better in my view, was Mel Brooks in Blazing saddles.

I got this on Blue ray recently and am in the process of making sure the kids learn this word for word, same as I do........

• Like 1

Arpit    284

Watched on the weekend

2 Guns (Mark Wahlberg and Denzel W) - Full Bollywood movie minus the item song...

Non-Stop (Liam Neeson)

Think snakes on the plane but without the snakes - only a lot of Neeson and his damaged tonsils...

downesy68    1,084

I'm a bit surprised I'm only at 104 on that list. I just love movies. Some of the best movies I have, and will only ever watch once. Citizen Kane, Schindlers List and Saving Private Ryan are 3 of those.

Still the greatest, and the grandfather of all spoof movies deserves a mention. The oft imitated but never equalled Flying High (or Aeroplane for the yanks). I don't know how many times I've seen it but it still cracks me up. Just so bloody stupid! The fan. The horse in her bed! I'm nearly crying just thinking of it.

So many great scenes in Flying High. Definitely the greatest spoof movie ever. I think my favourite scene is when they go and pick up Robert Stack and they're driving back to the airport. The film running behind the car is genius, especially the cyclist they hit and the Indians!

Also agree with Ayto re Mel Brooks and Blazing Saddles. One of my all time favourites.

I've seen 30 of Plaz's top 50. I stopped counting after that. I haven't seen many movies in recent years. I'm not a fan at all of the plethora of super hero movies. I prefer something a bit deeper or quirkier but my wife prefers a bit more mainstream stuff.

Some of my top picks would be:

Once Were Warriors

The Castle

Deer Hunter

Life of Brian

Groundhog Day

The Wedding Singer

Shawshank Redemption

Pulp Fiction

Pete    279

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

We're gonna need a bigger boat

Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh...I do not avoid women, Mandrake...But I...I do deny them my essence

Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."

And so those mindless beasts of the subconscious had access to a machine that could never be shut down, the secret devil of every soul on this planet all set free at once to loot and mame and take revenge

Yeah, that's easy for your to say, you're Mr. White. You have a cool-sounding name. Alright look, if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, you wanna trade?

What is it you can't face?

You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby

Hey, Trinity. They say you got the fastest gun around.

She's having the birdie num nums.

Though I've belted you and flayed you / By the living God that made you / You're a better man than I am,____

goughy    2,147

Surely you can't be serious? I am, and don't call me Shirley!

Greatest movie line ever!

Pete    279

I’m no good at being noble, but it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you’ll understand that

Esoteric    514
Go Easy    1,216

I dug a hole!

Tell him he's dreamin!

It's the vibe of the thing.

Suffer in ya jocks!

This is going straight to the poolroom.

If Dad is the backbone, Mum is the other bones, all of 'em!

How's the serenity.

Whatta ya call that Darl?

Rissoles Darl.

• Like 1

Mike Honcho    214

Best.scene.ever.....

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears in rain. Time to die

• Like 1

downesy68    1,084

I dug a hole!

Tell him he's dreamin!

It's the vibe of the thing.

Suffer in ya jocks!

This is going straight to the poolroom.

If Dad is the backbone, Mum is the other bones, all of 'em!

How's the serenity.

Whatta ya call that Darl?

Rissoles Darl.

True story. On our local buy/swap/sell site a bloke was a fibreglass rhinoceros the other day! I may have quoted the jousting sticks scene in the comments section :D

• Like 1

Pete    279

"May I remind you, Sgt. Pinback, it was your idea to bring the alien on board in the first place... If I may quote you, you said the ship needed a mascot."

zed    771

Pans Labyrinth

Mullholland Drive

Raging Bull

Cinema Paradiso

Life is beautiful

City of God

Downfall

Haven’t included any documentaries here.

goughy    2,147

Jane was such a fox!

Mjainoz    1,046

Jane was such a fox!

My wife just saw her in LA in a starbucks back in Jan. Wish I had... would have brought this movie up for sure! Hot indeed!!

(Parkside if you are reading this it was at Farmers Market... I'm not sure what either of 'em were doing in Starbuckers!).

• Like 1

goughy    2,147

Can't believe it now has! 'side by side!'

• Like 1

Peter    1,611

Oops. I have only seen 24 of the top 100. Prior to Lincoln, the previous cinema movie I had been to was Ace Ventura in 1994.

Kids and don't understand torrents I'm guessing.

Bored@work    1,495

Can't believe Hudson Hawk hasn't rated a mention yet. A classic if the ever was one

Had to watch that a couple of times but then I really liked it.