Prince

MOVIE REVIEWS

11 hours ago, Parkside said:

It! 

They forgot the Sh at the front

Kids werent bad but the script was extremely predictable. Scary Movie has ruined this genre for teenagers. 2 mins in and my 15 year old is sledging the director.

Was unimpressed too.  Not sure why I expected it would be different than it was.  Was such a fan of the book and the original.  A friend saw it with us who was continually posting on FB about it, and walked away completely deflated after it. She has no interest in seeing the next.

Just had a peek through the oscar nominations list.  I can say I've only seen 4 of the movies that have been nominated for anything, and those only in the minor categories.  I haven't seen any of the movies nominated for the big ones.  My 4 films....  Baby Driver, GOTG2, Logan and The Last Jedi!

Black Panther.  Great movie, for so many reasons.  Check it out! :)

We'll be getting to it, as we do most of the Marvel's.  The DC's, meh...

27 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I hope Frances McDormand get's the Oscar for Three Billboards - she was amazing.

While I agree with you, Just saw I, Tonya. Margot Robbie should go close as well. Produced it as well. I found it kind of depressing. 

Oh, completely forgot, saw Star Wars (1977) last night with Sydney Symphony Orchestra at ICC Theatre. 4.5 stars (5 but the orchestra didn’t play Cantina scene!) Incredible when you can see and hear how much music underpins a movie. 

Empire Strikes Back is coming in mid 2018

9 hours ago, The Customer said:

I hope Frances McDormand gets the Oscar for Three Billboards - she was amazing.

Plenty of chatter she'll have a fight from Ronan in Lady Bird.

8 hours ago, Parkside said:

Oh, completely forgot, saw Star Wars (1977) last night with Sydney Symphony Orchestra at ICC Theatre. 4.5 stars (5 but the orchestra didn’t play Cantina scene!) Incredible when you can see and hear how much music underpins a movie. 

Empire Strikes Back is coming in mid 2018

That sounds awesome!  Was it expensive to see?  Can't believe they didn't do the cantina!  

13 hours ago, goughy said:

That sounds awesome!  Was it expensive to see?  Can't believe they didn't do the cantina!  

It was expensive, we were lucky to get freebies, hung out in catered dressing room and my daughter and her bestie got to dress in Jedi suits at intermission flown over by Disney from the states for cast to wear pre-show in forecourt

• Like 1

Didn’t like Dunkirk, to my mind they shot the movie on the wrong scale. Dunkirk involved 300,000 British soldiers, hundreds of ships, an enemy army that had swept all before it at lightning speed. We didn’t see any of that. Quite liked Kenneth Branagh though.

Loved Darkest Hour, Gary Oldman was excellent.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:11 PM, The Customer said:

I hope Frances McDormand gets the Oscar for Three Billboards - she was amazing.

Yeh-heh-hessssss

5 hours ago, The Customer said:

Yeh-heh-hessssss

and then had it stolen.... obviously she wasnt paying much attention to it.. 

Bit of a late review. We went to see "Wonder" staring Julia Roberts & Owen Wilson 

"Based on the New York Times bestseller, WONDER tells the incredibly inspiring and heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time."

I loved this movie & it's worth a watch. I teared up a few times. It's just a lovely movie. 

• Like 2

Saw Red Sparrow last night while waiting for Ed Sheeran to finish.  Maybe I enjoyed it because I heard it wasn't that good so my expectations were low.  Maybe I just wanted to eat that whole big bag of m&m's.......

This looks kinda fun though

Oh it certainly wasn't a quick movie, and I bet I could go ape picking holes in it if I was bothered.  I know I checked my watch a couple of times.  And it certainly has the Russians at their evil best, cold war type Russians, you know, America with its tv and sec and stuff.  That stuff was a bit 80's formula and attitude.

Some excellent stuff on Foxtel channel 400 at the moment. For the past few weeks they've been playing the Best Picture Academy Award winners. My Fair Lady the other night would have to be one of my favourites, however I was always a sucker for Audrey. :)

Not necessarily just movies, but a tonne (a real tonne) of Monty python stuff is dropping on Netflix middle of next month!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, goughy said:

Not necessarily just movies, but a tonne (a real tonne) of Monty python stuff is dropping on Netflix middle of next month!

All 4 in this family loooove Monty Python. My son even took Holy Grail for the class to watch in the last week of Grade 6, and the teacher let them, cause she was a fan as well.

And Goughy, have you seen Monty Python Live (Mostly) - One Down Five to Go. It was recorded on the last night of 10 performances in London in 2014. They do all the old stuff, and it still works brilliantly. 

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Actually, never necessarily been a huge fan. I like 'em, but not like many do.  But I know they're much loved so thought the news would be good.

So NSFW, bit fracking hilarious!!!!!  The bit with the handgun with the windshield on the bonnet of the car......

• Like 1

Went to the flicks for the first time in ages last week and saw That’s Not My Dog. Ninety minutes of non stop jokes from some of Oz’s top comedians with some live music thrown in, in a beautiful country setting. So much fun. 

Who needs plot, character development, narrative arc or special effects? 

Went to the flicks for the first time in ages last week and saw That’s Not My Dog. Ninety minutes of non stop jokes from some of Oz’s top comedians with some live music thrown in, in a beautiful country setting. So much fun. 

Who needs plot, character development, narrative arc or special effects?