Prince

MOVIE REVIEWS

Just thought we should start a movie review section as its good to know what our trannies think of current movies and maybe their fav movies of all time.

For me, a recent movie i watched is "walter' quirky movie with William Macy, really had a good message.

My fav movies of all time is pretty hard. I do love the Daniel Craig Bond movies, i think he is the best bond ever. The opening scene in skyfall was the best i have ever seen, still leaves me jaw dropping.

Still always loved 'woman in red' back in the 80's.

Documentary wise, i recommend everyone watch the Brian Cox docos. Really good presenter and i learnt a lot.

Saw Dallas Buyers Club recently. Did not know anything about the plot or who was in it. It was excellent. Just watched Fury today. A WW2 movie with Brad Pitt. Potential was high but some pretty forced dialogue in some battle scenes.

Favourite 5 all time in no particular order

Oceans 13

Dogma

Zoolander

inglorious bastards

Blade Runner

I was off work sick yesterday and watched The Maze Runner.

When it was at the moves it was not something that really interested me. But I saw the reviews were 7.5 out of 10. So thought it could be worth it.

I was wrong. It was crap.

Avoid.

Next movie I will see is The Water Diviner. I will admit my cousin Keith was the producer for it. So I hope it's good.

The Water Diviner is good. Not perfect, with a bit of stretched credibility, but even so, good.

My all time favourite is Die Hard. Closely followed by True Lies. I love the impossibility of them.

I don't get to the movies any where near as often as I would like.

You just may be the perfect woman T!

I love movies. They don't have to be rated that high for me to like them. Sometimes you just wanna park your brain outside and have some fun.

• Like 1

My all time favourite is Die Hard.

Yeah best action : Die Hard 1

Best Funny: Weekend at Bernies

Just watched Fury today. A WW2 movie with Brad Pitt

Fury is just Inglorious Bastards in a tank.

i have so many, watch so much i find it hard to pick fav's.

some i like to rewatch are:

diehard1&4

shawshank redemption

saving pv ryan

pacific rim <- i dounno why, but i like it

oceans11

underworld1,2,3,4

recently, a good one was chappy (although hugh was a bit mis-cast)

babadook and wymwood for aussie sleeper's

(also i liked roger moore as jamesbond best)

Recently, really enjoyed Birdman and Gone Girl - but both seem to polarise opinions. Kingsmen was terrific too.

Saw The 2nd Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Sucked arse. Avoid.

My all-time fave list changes all the time. Always loved Glengarry Glen Ross, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction. Sure I'll think of a few others a couple of seconds after I hit 'Post'... ;-)

Edited to add: District 9. Another 'polariser', but thought it was fantastic. And of all the Batman films, the one with Heath Ledger as The Joker - easily the best of the lot.

Edited by Abby

Recently, really enjoyed Birdman

Edited to add: District 9. Another 'polariser', but thought it was fantastic. And of all the Batman films, the one with Heath Ledger as The Joker - easily the best of the lot.

I think i need to watch Birdman again.

Whiplash is excellent acting.

From my ongoing flights (delayed at Dubai at moment).

Pride: thought this movie was great, but then again I lived through the strikes and it did remind me of home (the workingmen's club in particular). Parking my Welsh bias, I still think it's a good movie and brings to light some interesting history and some unacceptable bigotry.

Birdman: something different and quirky - but I liked it, let the credits run while thinking back through the film.

Interstellar: I need to watch it again on a bigger screen. Interesting concept, left with quite a few questions - one reason to watch it again, in case I missed something. Loved the AI 'robots' - very novel, and I want one!

Mocking Jay (or whatever it is called): disappointed.

Its a wonderful life.

wow reallly Rocket? thats in the old classic section isn't it? Jimmy Stewart? or am i wrong?

Top 5 that I can think of at the moment...

The Blind Side

Fargo

Dawn of the Dead (original or remake)

The Departed

The Empire Strikes Back

Feel bad there's no Aussie movies in there so top 5 Aussie movies are...

Two Hands

The Castle

Wolf Creek

The Proposition

Mad Max

well I have seen over 160 of the top 250 on Plazbot's list :shocking:

movies that I really remembered for some time after I viewed...

Schindlers List

The Usual Suspects

Inception

Shawshank Redemption

The Professional

The Great Escape

special mention to Alien...in 1979 I may have soiled my underpants when it ripped out of his stomach...

I don't do horror movies at all so never watched any Nightmare or Halloween type movies.

I'm a bit surprised I'm only at 104 on that list. I just love movies. Some of the best movies I have, and will only ever watch once. Citizen Kane, Schindlers List and Saving Private Ryan are 3 of those.

Still the greatest, and the grandfather of all spoof movies deserves a mention. The oft imitated but never equalled Flying High (or Aeroplane for the yanks). I don't know how many times I've seen it but it still cracks me up. Just so bloody stupid! The fan. The horse in her bed! I'm nearly crying just thinking of it.

Here are some recent ones I thought were OK...

Edge of Tomorrow - Highly entertaining and fun to watch.
12 Years a Slave - This was a well made movie on a serious topic that leaves a lasting impression.
The Grand Budapest Hotel - Fantastic story telling on film with an all star cast.

Edge of Tomorrow - Highly entertaining and fun to watch.

Yeah, thought so too. Doesn't hurt my wife and I are scifi geeks. Love the catchline, Live Die Repeat.

good to see you dont have to have been the top grossing films to have made the list. i.e you dont need a James Cameron Budget to have a great film.

For me, to add to my other favs, live changing movies for me was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Star Wars. I reckon i would have seen those two the most times when i was younger. i remember even taping the whole star wars movie on audio cassette at the drive in, before video....