roxii

Lachies Virgin Ironman Q and A.

Great responses, young fella with head screwed on right.

Only one thing that really annoyed me...

I did decide to run the IM Melb course one Sunday morning, just because. Just jogged it to know I could run that far. Ended up getting through it in 2.56 or so

Bastard.

Thanks Roxii!!

I noticed there's a couple of phrases that are repeated in there.. I.e. The first sentence!

Sorry about that! Was trying to copy and paste some answers from iPhone to computer. Hopefully it's 95% literate!

Thanks again for the q's guys and girls.

Cheers!

Sorry mate I'm still shattered from Huski on the weekend and only just still awake. I'll check it again now.

Thanks Lachie. Good, honest and straight to the point answers.

Above all, I hope you enjoy it and get to give it a good crack regardless of the result.

Good luck!

Yeah, nice read Lachie.

I had a quick chat with Lachie in Forster last November prior to the Challenge race. He's always got a great word for people. A very refreshing attitude in the world of Pro athletes.

Roxii, I think you scored a great new Pro to be adopted by Trannies (can you say that at this time of day ??).

FM

Yep he is carrying himself very well.

Im still yet to actually meet the young fella. Would love to be at IM Melb to watch him race but its not in the website "budget" yet.

Having swum in Buddy's squad from 1988-2011...you are hanging with the right person there.

Extra question...how are you going to cope going from 20-30 hrs training per week to F/T student?

Having swum in Buddy's squad from 1988-2011...you are hanging with the right person there.

Extra question...how are you going to cope going from 20-30 hrs training per week to F/T student?

Absolutely right! Great squad and is always my first recommendation to anyone in Melbourne. Luckily I am afforded the opportunity to swim in the afternoon one @ 4.45pm. No 5.30am starts unless absolutely necessary! :)

I think biggest weeks in this Ironman build had been in that 30-35hr mark which I wouldn't do with full time study. Going back to a HIM focus I would say that yeah, 20-30hr weeks would be standard. I think it should be pretty comfortably doable. My course has only 14 contact hours a week and I've managed to get Tuesdays off, I also only have 11-2 on a Wednesday which means some decent hours can get done. It should be a lot easier than it was juggling with the physio degree. I also tend to be able to churn out essays pretty well if I sit down and focus for a few hours.

Will just have to revert back to getting up early I suppose, as much as I don't really like it...

people still go to lectures?

I think I went to a few, then realised they were all online. Why waste time? :lol:

people still go to lectures?

I think I went to a few, then realised they were all online. Why waste time? :lol:

that's exactly the reason why unis are bringing in compulsory attendance. Some girls last year got high distinctions in subjects but got failed because they attended 5 out of 12 lectures. Minimum attendance is 8 lectures.