roxii

Another "back to the future" bike - Ventum

Jimmy Sear one of the two heading it up. Good luck to them. Can imagine it would be a tough gig to gain significant market share. Hopefully their new signings can do them proud!

superior bike frame aerodynamics would only highlights my lack of athletic prowess....

for now I can blame my equipment for not winning any races... :shock:

but I did come 2nd in the age group on a Softride back in the day.....

so that must have been the Softride that made all the difference, no?

No, it was Ballarat 226 and not many showed up ... but I still beat all bar one of those that did. and I've got the trophy to remind me.

btw, that bike looks similar to the Giant MCR that was also around back in the Lotus / Cheetah days

the more things change, the more they stay the same...

DSC06299.jpg

I had a bright red Hotta back in the day - was as quick as hell, but quality and stiffness were woeful. This caper has seen some strange sh1t over the years!!!

Jimmy Sear one of the two heading it up. Good luck to them. Can imagine it would be a tough gig to gain significant market share. Hopefully their new signings can do them proud!

My thoughts: If the bike is fast and works great, then market will come to them and beat down their doors. If it is not, or has major functional problems, then no amount of marketing will help.

Greg @ dsw

if jimmy's riding one, people will get a good look at it, as he's always out the water in the front and he'll be the leading bike - for prob most of the bike leg.

oh, and i dont mind the look of this bike at all.

Edited by louey

I thought the bigger the gap between frame and front wheel the slower from tests I've seen.

Maybe the rest of the design compensates.

Imo if it's faster then good on them.

Hi sab

Ive still got it ... I haven't advertised it yet.

There are a couple of guys over on the BNA forum keep pestering me about it.

Im quite attached to it but I reckon later in the year I will let it go.

It owes me close to 2 grand so that's around what I will be asking for it.

What I don't get with these new bikes is that there seems to be a bit of cash put in R&D, new moulds etc and then they all seem to get their graphic designer cousin to finish it off.

Seriously with such an ugly bike it would have to be that much better than anything currently in the market for people to even consider it. Unless of course they have terrible taste!

• Like 1

What I don't get with these new bikes is that there seems to be a bit of cash put in R&D, new moulds etc and then they all seem to get their graphic designer cousin to finish it off.

Seriously with such an ugly bike it would have to be that much better than anything currently in the market for people to even consider it. Unless of course they have terrible taste!

similiary i dont get why you then advertise it with cheap wheels. wouldnt you put the best parts on it for advertising? zipp disc and 808 front or lightweight disc and wheel or something similiar and nice rather than cheap generic stuff.

Yup and I love how the photos "leaked". Sure thing Mr Lava Magazine.

And then someone had this brilliant idea of putting what is supposed to be a "leaked" prototype photo leaning against the wall in their dirty backyard, way to go Mr Ventum!

Go and spend $500 to hire a wind tunnel facility for an hour and pretend you're doing some aero testing. Put the Stig on the bike, make some crazy claim about wattage savings, do something interesting.

Just noticed this thread is from a few months ago. I guess Ventum hasn't taken off "yet".

I'm glad they listened to my comments :D

The logo is still fugly but.

From the lava magazine article, if this statement is true

"Basic conventional wisdom says less tubes in the air makes for a more aero bike"

then why don't they really revolutionise rather than replicate and remove one half of the swing arm like Millyard did on some prototype downhill mountain bikes years ago or remove one half of the fork like cannondale do on their mountain bikes.

Just a thought...

From the lava magazine article, if this statement is true

"Basic conventional wisdom says less tubes in the air makes for a more aero bike"

then why don't they really revolutionise rather than replicate and remove one half of the swing arm like Millyard did on some prototype downhill mountain bikes years ago or remove one half of the fork like cannondale do on their mountain bikes.

Just a thought...

QR have basically done that with one chain stay that's barely there and another that looks like a sail.