roxii

IM All World Athlete champions announced

Hey! Have some respect. I spent a bucket load of cash to be a bronze AWA. Sure as hell didn't get there based on performance...

I doubt any of them care.

They do 2 Ironman's and win their age group at both including Kona and become champions.

Levi Maxwell in 25-29 was first oag at Ironman Melbourne and second oag at kona, yet he could only be ranked second in awa rankings. Just shows how tough and true awa are :P

Looking forward to seeing what my 'gift' is.

Edited by AA7

So there's still a chance for me :)

Levi Maxwell in 25-29 was first oag at Ironman Melbourne and second oag at kona, yet he could only be ranked second in awa rankings. Just shows how tough and true awa are :P

Allister Caird, the number one in Levi's category, was both Cairns and WA Beer Mile champion. He may have also gone alright in the qualifying races for those events too.

• Like 2

I'd have been really worried if Kev F hadn't got a gold!!

Awesome benefits you get especially those last 3?

Edited by symo

I did one IM in 2013. One race full stop. Apparently I made it to top 10 in the country in my AG! How the hell is that possible? I didn't finish that high in the race!

Anyhoo...... SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

:punk::thumbup:

HZSuO1D.jpg

• Like 1

have seen a few wankers announce their status on face book

Name and shame

Hey turtle, you joining me with a wanky AWA tatt? I'll show you my certificate as well, I was 3rd in my country rankings!

agrcertificate.jpg

Edited by Joostoz

Hey turtle, you joining me with a wanky AWA tatt? I'll show you my certificate as well, I was 3rd in my country rankings!

agrcertificate.jpg

No, that'd be EXTRA wanky for me. I didn't make AWA status - only top 10. But you go ahead!

I could get something involving AGR10. Something cryptic in a secret place on my body to prove I'm just getting it for me

Edited by The Turtle
  • Like 1

that certificate is way better than the sticker and useless luggage tag thing they send you. i am hoping for a pair of ironman all world athlete undies this year.

This is very odd. I did 3 WTC races (Haugesund 70.3 in Norway, Rugen 70.3 in Germany and Ballarat 70.3), finished in the top 3rd of finishers in each, but am suddenly told "....Your strong performance during the 2014 season positioned you in the top 10% of your age group earning you Bronze All World Athlete status...".

It's maths like this that f*&ked up the European and American economies with everything thinking it was better than it was!!!

Hmmm Turtle, looks like you may have come 10th of the group who didn't put their country in!

Hmmm Turtle, looks like you may have come 10th of the group who didn't put their country in!

I'll take it!!

I've never even come in the top half of my age group, actually come to think of it I'm probably usually closer to the bottom quarter, yet somehow earned bronze AWA status :sleepy:

This is very odd. I did 3 WTC races (Haugesund 70.3 in Norway, Rugen 70.3 in Germany and Ballarat 70.3), finished in the top 3rd of finishers in each, but am suddenly told "....Your strong performance during the 2014 season positioned you in the top 10% of your age group earning you Bronze All World Athlete status...".
It's maths like this that f*&ked up the European and American economies with everything thinking it was better than it was!!!

Beginning to wonder about this and the marketing side, anyone anal enough or got a script to grab the results of ironman.com and have it run the maths on it and see what happens...

Beginning to wonder about this and the marketing side, anyone anal enough or got a script to grab the results of ironman.com and have it run the maths on it and see what happens...

I think it's because of the way the points actually accumulate. The vast majority of non serious AGers probably do one or two a year max so doing three automatically trumps their totals irrespective of results and so on.

You could well rank bloody highly being a MOPer doing a ton of races in one year vs winning say, two.

I think it's because of the way the points actually accumulate. The vast majority of non serious AGers probably do one or two a year max so doing three automatically trumps their totals irrespective of results and so on.

You could well rank bloody highly being a MOPer doing a ton of races in one year vs winning say, two.

From the AWA front page

"... only their top three performances will count toward their All World Athlete status"

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/triathlon-rankings.aspx#ixzz3Qx0qFANF

Edited by iFoz

Yep, I finished top 5 in AG in last race and get a bronze, same level as ironjen.

But don't let it worry you people, it is just something they are trying and it is good fun, when you get to a race you get looked after.

Chill out and worry about the import things .....

I completed 3 races in 2013 & got nothing.

Complete 3 races 2014 & got bronze. Not that I could give a fat rats toss bag about it.

All points are null and void if you race in Malaysia

I'm looking forward to receiving my luggage tag and sticker!!!! At current estimates of what they have cost me ... .it's about £2000!!!

Malaysia was hell & should count as double points.

Like picking any easy course & rolling around in a pack should = less points.

So Melbourne negated Malaysia? Is that what you're saying?

Yep, I finished top 5 in AG in last race and get a bronze,

Nath, I raced IMNZ, IMMY and IMWA and received AWA Gold... I'll gladly trade for your one race Kona slot :P

• Like 2

Nath, I raced IMNZ, IMMY and IMWA and received AWA Gold... I'll gladly trade for your one race Kona slot :P

If you keep knocking off these IM races like you are you'll soon get your Kona spot... one way or another!

• Like 1

10377388_10152631632902864_8236100723836

They obviously couldn't decide.

When are you going on the wiggle ride?

Sounds like fun

CherrsIvp

When are you going on the wiggle ride?

Sounds like fun

CherrsIvp

Still not opened it.

I imagined it to be full of fat, ugly, whinging poms riding in muddy roads in cold drizzling rain.

• Like 1

Still not opened it.

I imagined it to be full of fat, ugly, whinging poms riding in muddy roads in cold drizzling rain.

Is it in Melbourne ??

Cheers

IVP

• Like 2

I must admit I've enjoyed being able to comment on a thread without have it shut down like an illegal whorehouse straight after I post.

They call me The Closer.

I'm an All Queensland Athlete - with the odd foray into very northern NSW. Where's my certificate?