roxii

Endura sign 3 year deal with Ironman Asia Pacific

damn it, endura tastes like arse

I've tasted arse, Endura is a thousand times tastier.

Edited by clarkey

Toitle needs to read a bit better - Official IRONMAN Electrolyte

That's how I bait you to click on the website :lol:

Great, the choice of more osmotic diarrhoea post race or carrying 180km worth of another sports drink.

Way too much magnesium to be on all day for a long event. Brings back some great memories from ironman wa 2007....

Looks like I will keep freezing 2 spare drink bottles to put in special needs for the 2nd bike lap for the next few years. Luckily by the time I get to the run it is just water and coke for me :)

• Like 1

Great, the choice of more osmotic diarrhoea post race or carrying 180km worth of another sports drink.

Way too much magnesium to be on all day for a long event. Brings back some great memories from ironman wa 2007....

Yep

That was my exact thought when I read the post title

I think I had the runs for three days post that race, although I was lucky that they didn't really kick in until post race but when they did

WAMMO

Endura is not a drink for IM, glad I've retired fro IM races here in OZ anyways

Cheers

Ivp

Did the endura you guys used have 20g of carbs per serve? Is it the same product? I didn't know endura made that sort of electrolyte drink.

I have sent an email to endura to find out exactly what the product is and requested some samples.

I remember that chick that shit herself and kept going. It was DIFFERENT.

This is a bad decision by wtc.

The old Endura rehydration is now called Rehydration Energy Fuel and has 20g carbs per dose as well as

Each dose (25 g) contains:

Magnesium amino acid chelate

(Meta Mag® - Magnesium diglycinate) 1.6 g

Equiv. elemental Magnesium 163 mg

Potassium phosphate - monobasic 418 mg

Equiv. elemental Potassium 120 mg

Calcium amino acid chelate 220 mg

Equiv. elemental Calcium 44 mg

Sodium chloride 158 mg

Equiv. elemental Sodium 62 mg

Endura released a few months ago a new product called Rehydration Performance Fuelwith also 20g carbs per serve and

Each dose (25 g) contains:

Magnesium amino acid chelate

(Meta Mag® - Magnesium diglycinate) 1.6 g

Equivalent elemental Magnesium 163 mg

Sodium chloride 446 mg

Equivalent elemental Sodium 176 mg

Calcium amino acid chelate 210 mg

Equivalent elemental Calcium 42 mg

Potassium citrate 185 mg

Equivalent elemental Potassium 67 mg

So a lot more Na, less K and the same Mg

Glad I always make my own.

Had to grab some at canberra half one year - serious after-race issues that took me ages to work out! At that point I had never used endura.

Yep

That was my exact thought when I read the post title

I think I had the runs for three days post that race, although I was lucky that they didn't really kick in until post race but when they did

WAMMO

Endura is not a drink for IM, glad I've retired fro IM races here in OZ anyways

Cheers

Ivp

Ok. I need some help then. Doing my first IM at port and was planning on racing with Optimizer and Rehydration Performance Fuel. Do I need to make some changes? How does everyone else fuel? ... or should I start a new thread?

Ok. I need some help then. Doing my first IM at port and was planning on racing with Optimizer and Rehydration Performance Fuel. Do I need to make some changes? How does everyone else fuel? ... or should I start a new thread?

There should be plenty here if you do a search. Otherwise, if there's 40 people reply, you'll get 45 different answers. You might be fine on endura. Everyone is different.

I make my own - malto, salt caps, amino acids and flavouring.

• Like 1

looks like I'm one of only a few people in the world that thinks Endura is ok for IMs.

mind you, my carbs of choice for the run is Coke.... nothing to technical there eh, some sugars, some caffeine, some fluid... all good.

at least we have been given lots of time to train on it or trial it or devise other strategies.

Jo-lene1231, give it a crack in training & see how you go.

actually, now that I think of it, I use one gel per aid station ( approx 3 /hr ) and alternate electro & water at each aid station, so maybe I'm not getting that much Endura in after all...

Edited by AVAGO

looks like I'm one of only a few people in the world that thinks Endura is ok for IMs.

mind you, my carbs of choice for the run is Coke.... nothing to technical there eh, some sugars, some caffeine, some fluid... all good.

at least we have been given lots of time to train on it or trial it or devise other strategies.

Jo-lene1231, give it a crack in training & see how you go.

actually, now that I think of it, I use one gel per aid station ( approx 3 /hr ) and alternate electro & water at each aid station, so maybe I'm not getting that much Endura in after all...

I use it in training but so far my longest training session has been a 115/15km brick. Still working on my distance. I used it in my HIM. I always need the loo on the run, but I don't think that's from Endura. As it happens on high 5 too.

Myself and my wife, Kristy, can't handle Endura well either.

We plan to take sachets of our fave sports drink powder and just add them to bidons of water on the bike.

Then, coke and water on the run.

I've used Endura for years, and never had a problem with it

Jo-lene, try it in training and see how it affects you, just as you should do with everything else you're planning to use on race day

I like Endura. Use it for long training rides and for the first 2 bottles of Ironman. Never had a problem.

Actually very happy with this news - beats the hell out of Gatorade.

Myself and my wife, Kristy, can't handle Endura well either.

We plan to take sachets of our fave sports drink powder and just add them to bidons of water on the bike.

Then, coke and water on the run.

Good thinking!

I've used Endura for years, and never had a problem with it

Jo-lene, try it in training and see how it affects you, just as you should do with everything else you're planning to use on race day

Yep. I use it now and it's fine. Although my biggest training session hasn't even hit 6 hours yet!

Actually don't mind the stuff, and sells at my local chemist at a reasonable price now too. I have weak guts but race and train on their gear and never shit myself. Never accidentally anyway.

I don't like the taste and it's a bit sickly, the malto with a scoop of whatever drink you like to get some fructose add take water at aid stations

winners will be supplying the gels and bars. endura is bad. too much magnesium for me. it is the only one i cannot touch so i will need a new plan. bummer.

I just drink water, too bad its not gels from endura as my IM nutrition plan is

~28 endura gels + ~1 biddon water / hour.

Seriously? No food?

Good luck keeping all that sugar down

28 gels would turn me into Linda Blair...

I dont care what brand they are , If I have 28 gels in an Ironman I'm guna sh*t Myself.

• Like 1

I just ate a Lindt chocolate I found in the fridge and ran the fastest 10k I've done in 2 months. They should put those in transition.

Pretty sure it was my wife's chocolate. I steal for kicks. Might go pro.

I just ate a Lindt chocolate I found in the fridge and ran the fastest 10k I've done in 2 months. They should put those in transition.

Pretty sure it was my wife's chocolate. I steal for kicks. Might go pro.

Was she chasing you?
  • Like 2

Seriously? No food?

No, never solids.

Good luck keeping all that sugar down

28 gels would turn me into Linda Blair...

The only nutrition plan I've managed to go out drinking after finishing.

I dont care what brand they are , If I have 28 gels in an Ironman I'm guna sh*t Myself.

Everything else I've tried has failed.

Seriously? No food?

28 gels wasn't my nutrition plan but I haven't consumed solid food in my 2 Ironmans.

Seriously? No food?

No solids for me either. Well, last IM had a squirt of mashed sweet potato. But other than that just homemade gels

No solids for me either. Well, last IM had a squirt of mashed sweet potato. But other than that just homemade gels

No Solids for me either. 9 gels on the bike. (1 every 20K).

The closest i come to food is....I chew a cookie for the change in taste and texture, then spit in out (bike leg), and on the run....i have water melon for change of taste.........suck the crap out of it and spit out the pulp etc.

The food is in the recovery tent..... Soup and Rolls, a bit of rice and slop, and heaps and heaps of ice cream and fruit salad. Its a winner.

26 IM and no food for me either

Cheers IVP

Edited by ironpo
  • Like 1

No Solids for me either. 9 gels on the bike. (1 every 20K).

The closest i come to food is....I chew a cookie for the change in taste and texture, then spit in out (bike leg), and on the run....i have water melon for change of taste.........suck the crap out of it and spit out the pulp etc.

The food is in the recovery tent..... Soup and Rolls, a bit of rice and slop, and heaps and heaps of ice cream and fruit salad. Its a winner.

Love the sound of ice cream!

Ok, so perhaps I should rethink my meat and three veg on the bike. Lol

Edited by Jo-lene1231
  • Like 1

Ok, so perhaps I should rethink my meat and three veg on the bike. Lol

Yep, that'd need cutlery.

I suggest pizza pockets

• Like 1

Had a sandwich I left in my special needs bag at port this year. Peanut butter and honey. God it was good. I eat bananas on course as well. Gels for the rest plus bulk nutrients electrolyte plus which has a bit more carbs than the endura equivalent.