Arpit

The good news thread

Just want to say how much I enjoy this thread (when I remember to look at it).

It was started to capture some good news in 2015 to balance out some of the doom and gloom that had been going around, and it's still going... How good's that! :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

Today's good news?

I'm on the couch with my 5 year old laying on me, watching TV together xx

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My good news.

We got nearly 5 inches of rain last night and more showers and a storm today. The ground is that wet that I couldn't do the concreting I had planned.

Plus it made digging out the plants I was selling so much easier. :)

Today's good news?

I'm on the couch with my 5 year old laying on me, watching TV together xx

I was with my 5 year old too - except he's a cat, and was napping. Watching Diffn't strokes and Who's the Boss...was too dead after 5am swim squad...more thinking about where I put my arms :)

My son turned ten yesterday so now he's on a full size mtb so we knocked out about 15 k this morning and came home muddy from top to toe.

Good fun

• Like 2

I booked a ticket home. It's not until April 2017, but I am catching the UCI World MTB event,

and IM Cairns 2017.

That's the good news. I have not been home since 2006.

The other part the not so good. I went with Air Niugini for the cheaper flight and the

direct connection to Cairns. I could have gone budget, but it didn't work out,

carrying a bike and full luggage.

I just did New Farm ParkRun.

Yes, I took 31+ minutes. Yes I walked for 1:30 every 5 minutes. But that's the first "organised run" I've done in three years, and the longest walk/jog for the same.

:):):)

And ten hours later I still feel good.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 4

Pizza and beer at crust, Scoop gelati afterwards, thanks to my wife's scooter for the first time here I wasn't getting takeaway but we all walked up together. Now lying on a lounger watching the kids race on pool noodles in the pool. No dog, but she's at my sister's chasing their border collie around. And it's my second week off for the year. **** I might not even answer the phone when one of my customers invariably rings me Monday, even though they know I'm away. **** 'em... (Ok, we all know I'll answer the bloody phone) I can't honestly remember when I last felt as chill as I do this very moment.

Edited by goughy
  • Like 3

What a day. Spent 3 hours in the Vatican, had lunch in a little cafe then spent another 3 hours in the coliseum and forum. I am staying in the old Rome for another day and a half. Still seeing the world through 2,000 year old eyes.

FM

• Like 3

I just did New Farm ParkRun.

Yes, I took 31+ minutes. Yes I walked for 1:30 every 5 minutes. But that's the first "organised run" I've done in three years, and the longest walk/jog for the same.

:):):)

And ten hours later I still feel good.

Nice work Ex :smile1:

I did my first Park Run since the latest operation, went 23.15 and 7/21 in AG.

On the sofa now :schnauz:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

Nice work Ex :smile1:

I did my first Park Run today. First running since the latest operation, went 23.15 and 7/21 in AG.

On the sofa now :schnauz:

Well done FP. I'm still dreaming of doing that time, but somehow I'm starting to believe again that I'll get there.

This was my very first Parkrun as well, and the good bit about it was both my brother & sister were there as well. It was our first run together in over 25 years. It was also New Farms 5th Birthday run, and they set a new record of about 530 runners.

14362699_1183807071683587_91570284392417

Mike was just over your way too, and did Bushy Parkrun last weekend.

• Like 1

Well done FP. I'm still dreaming of doing that time, but somehow I'm starting to believe again that I'll get there.

This was my very first Parkrun as well, and the good bit about it was both my brother & sister were there as well. It was our first run together in over 25 years. It was also New Farms 5th Birthday run, and they set a new record of about 530 runners.

14362699_1183807071683587_91570284392417

Mike was just over your way too, and did Bushy Parkrun last weekend.

Good stuff mate. Bushy Park is a popular place for cyclists to meet (I've never been there).

I made a bit of an error. I meant it was my first park run since the op. I've done a few of them in 3 UK locations. 530 is a good turnout. I think we had about 240 today which is the most i've seen at ours.

have an hour left of "work"...

then its outta here for 3 weeks ...touring the south island of New Zealand...

Sweet as Bro....

• Like 3

What kind, and where from, of you had to get him\her flown in?

Golden Retriever. Just got home now. She came from just outside of Sale in Vic. I'm stuffed (started the day at 4am today) and I think she is too. I'll post a pic in the morning. :)

• Like 1

Put my wife on a plane to China for two weeks for an expedition race, kids have both gone to stay with friends, picked up my favourite MR twin fin and there's swell around. Just put the shutters up early at work - I'm off hunting waves for a few days.

Edited by lawman
  • Like 2

Put my wife on a plane to China for two weeks for an expedition race, kids have both gone to stay with friends, picked up my favourite MR twin fin and there's swell around. Just put the shutters up early at work - I'm off hunting waves for a few days.

Wow! Have an awesome couple of weeks! !!

• Like 2

Spent a great day with a fellow Trannie ( Rimmer) today. We did a Wiggle event, only 51miles but given his MTB race on Saturday, I think it was more than enough for him ( and me!).

Top bloke, great banter, lovely scenery, pub lunch, top day :)

• Like 3

Spent a great day with a fellow Trannie ( Rimmer) today. We did a Wiggle event, only 51miles but given his MTB race on Saturday, I think it was more than enough for him ( and me!).

Top bloke, great banter, lovely scenery, pub lunch, top day :)

Likewise to you FP. Was a little bit shelled, but good craic, great scenery, good food and great company.

Apart from the tool at the end who forgot he wasn't in an A-Grade Crit, a great day out and a reminder that communities like this need to be fostered with real life interaction.

• Like 2

Likewise to you FP. Was a little bit shelled, but good craic, great scenery, good food and great company.

Apart from the tool at the end who forgot he wasn't in an A-Grade Crit, a great day out and a reminder that communities like this need to be fostered with real life interaction.

Haha yeah, he was a grade A douche.

So we will represent Trannies for the UK chapter ( along with Old Dave in the frozen northern wastelands! )

I suggest a Transitions international gathering at Tenby long course weekend next year. Ten Pints will be there for sure :)

• Like 3

I celebrate my 2nd anniversary with Belinda tomorrow.

I met her about 12 months after I separated from my 1st wife and, suffice to say, life was pretty ordinary at the time and I can honestly say she saw me at my worst..................on a number of occasions.

We have had an interesting journey over the last 6 or 7 years, with probably more stresses than a couple would see in a lifetime, but throughout all of that she has kept me strong and encouraged me to keep pushing for what is right, despite her being the focus of all of the vitriol and angst that comes with all of that rubbish.

I think it's fair to say she is a keeper.

Cheers

Ayto

Well done. Proof that, when you find the right person and the person who accepts you for who and what you are, you hang onto that for all its worth.

Congratulations - I love it when I hear stories like this. Enjoy every moment.

• Like 4

My mates 2 Aussies are due up here Saturday which is a big deal for me. :smile1:

A guy who ran cross country with Macca and in Little Athletics way back. Knows Tony U and others.

Another friend sort of because we only met once is also due up on Tuesday because his wife is from here.Ex NSW policeman must also ask him if he knows Jabbs. :sly:

Onya Ayto. They say that working through the hard times with someone strengthens the bond between.

And you K2, old friends are the best.

FM

• Like 2

My mates 2 Aussies are due up here Saturday which is a big deal for me. :smile1:

A guy who ran cross country with Macca and in Little Athletics way back. Knows Tony U and others.

Another friend sort of because we only met once is also due up on Tuesday because his wife is from here.Ex NSW policeman must also ask him if he knows Jabbs. :sly:

Had the guys up over 4 amazing days here at home. And 2 nights out which Gina does not know about. Not the details.

Good food, wine, singing songs, and something called a GRO. For those who have been to the Philippines they would probably know.

Congrats Ayto. Enjoy the day. ... and many more to come

• Like 1

And 2 nights out which Gina does not know about. Not the details.

.... a GRO. .

Classy. And probably not good news for your wife. And maybe slightly off the positive theme of this thread

• Like 1

Gotta be somewhere to put the bikes!

Even epoxied the floor

But unfortunately I'm only getting half for bikes/ tools etc

15200d3a945f7b5d8576b81279f019fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just made an awesome chicken salad for lunch. Got the balsamic olive oil balance perfect

• Like 2

Well I received today one of the best presents I could have received in my entire life from my 29 YO son. It was a Facebook post that I will share below. It is to be read in conjunction with the "So, another Flanman" thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The past few weeks have shown me how fragile life can be and how much we take it for granted. We should be grateful for everything we have and take every opportunity that comes our way.

I am grateful for everything that my parents have done for me and for giving me the tools in my life to achieve anything that I want to achieve. I have a wife that I love with all my heart whom I respect and cherish; I have an amazing job that I couldn't even dream of; I have a house that is our home and I have a car that is owned. It's not until you have reality smack you in the face that you realise that life is fragile and everything you have should be cherished with everything you have.

I love my life, I love my wife, I love my family and I love my friends. I couldn't ask for anything else and from this point forward, I will not be taking anything for granted and take everything that comes my way."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The greatest gift I could ever ask for - confirmation that I have been a good parent and helped shape a great person.

FM

Wow! You've done a GREAT job! Well done and congratulations! !

• Like 3

It's 9am. Lily's first tri ever (she's 7 years old) starts today at 2pm. She's in her suit and running laps of the house (inside). Lol! Glad she's excited.

Today Lily participates in her first triathlon. She's been waiting a long time for this. (Daddy wouldn't let me lie about her age and enter her before she was 7! Lol!)

Lily was 5 months old when I did my first tri. She's grown up in the sport and today embarks on her own adventure.

Go get 'em, Lil Pil!

4462e034a5b17a86739b333e4c384a79.jpgff88ba0379204f9d62c45fba35fefdad.jpg1ed50da9f779c5f02cdbed93e6097827.jpg859665dd0da3b3beb7eeaadfec9bbc71.jpg

Fast hair!

• Like 3

It's great to see kids emulating their parents in such a healthy lifestyle. I hope she gets the same enjoyment out of it as her parents do while watching her.

• Like 2

Today Lily participates in her first triathlon. She's been waiting a long time for this. (Daddy wouldn't let me lie about her age and enter her before she was 7! Lol!)

Lily was 5 months old when I did my first tri. She's grown up in the sport and today embarks on her own adventure.

Go get 'em, Lil Pil!

Fast hair!

I remember when my girls did their first Tri.

it was so much fun watching them and experiencing their joy when finishing.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1