Arpit

The good news thread

35 minutes ago, Ayto said:

Do it mate. You only get one shot at this.

That's why Bel and I have decided to do it in our 40's rather than our 60's or 70's!

Yep, good luck to you - it sounds sensational! And I have every intention of doing the same.

Probably the big advantage we have now - as I turn 61 - is we have a pile of cash so can afford to keep the house and just slum about for a few years. Xmas next year is when the formal resignation will go in.

• Like 4

It's all become real now that its in the backyard.

Christmas break is getting the house sale ready and then will be listed once we are back from charity bike ride late January.

20191215_114601.jpg

• Like 6

On 16/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, -H- said:

Last week I posted in the "what are you doing today" thread about going to meet my half-sister for the first time.  I can now post in this thread because it went really well, we are all very happy that we've found each other and planning to meet up again at Christmas time.

Long story short, mum was pregnant when she met my dad, they got engaged but when she had the baby it was adopted out and she told dad she lost it.  They were married a couple of months later and it was never spoken of again. 

My younger sister and I only found out about this last year and nobody could tell us whether a baby was even born or not (the few people who knew at the time have since died).  But we eventually found out we have a sister, tracked her down and met her for the first time last week.  She looks just like my mum and is lovely!  And we now have nieces and they have aunties. 

I have to stop saying "my sister" in conversations, people now ask "which one?" 😂

Wow! Amazing. And what a fabulous outcome. I love hearing stories like this!

On 15/11/2019 at 10:07 PM, goughy said:

And to top it all off, Jas had her graduation today and formal tonight!  She finished her graduation ceremony with an email from the USQ with an early offer for her uni course, so she is extra cuffed now!  And by accepting the offer she will be able to apply for and should receive the youth allowance from late this month, rather than having to wait until the normal uni offers come out early next year.  She should have at least one more scholarship to getc also as the USQ is offering automatic ones based on your op result.

About 30 are coming here shortly for an after formal party and camp out in our backyard, then tomorrow she heads of to schoolies.  With all the things I **** up, somehow we seemed to have guided this one right.  The look on her face in this pic pretty much sums up her smile for the whole day so far!

FB_IMG_1573819575152.jpg

Congratulations to you both

I sent an Express Post parcel from Cairns on Tuesday at 9.45am. It arrived in Ballarat on my mum's door step at 12 noon today, Wednesday. 😳😳  Normally express post takes 3 days. 🤣

• Like 3

Just about to head out and trial the new toy. This was my own present for retirement. Only testing for about an hour. If all ok, Will be out on Boxing Day. 
FM

E50ED3EC-A39B-4008-AEB5-168F4BB81FD9.jpeg

• Like 9

My daughter got her first choice Uni offer yesterday morning, she will be starting Bachelor Veterinary Biology/Doctor Veterinary Medicine at Sydney Uni in Feb. Best Christmas present for her, and us. She has had to work hard and sweat and wait to see if she would sneak into a very competitive course when most of her friends had early entry offers or scholarships for their choices. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Parkside said:

My daughter got her first choice Uni offer yesterday morning, she will be starting Bachelor Veterinary Biology/Doctor Veterinary Medicine at Sydney Uni in Feb. Best Christmas present for her, and us. She has had to work hard and sweat and wait to see if she would sneak into a very competitive course when most of her friends had early entry offers or scholarships for their choices. 

Yep, my son got in to his first choice too. While we all expected it, it was great to see the relief on his face yesterday morning.

• Like 6

Closed ever to a hole in one. 
FM

5CFE6BB9-D145-425C-B466-B7841482597F.jpeg

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My Dad's lymphoma is in clinical remission. 

Which is awesome x 2 

His wife has MS and since his diagnosis her symptoms have been getting worse and worse. Hopefully she will get back to herself with this news. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

My Dad's lymphoma is in clinical remission. 

Which is awesome x 2 

His wife has MS and since his diagnosis her symptoms have been getting worse and worse. Hopefully she will get back to herself with this news. 

Thats great, thanks for sharing & cheering us up. All the best for his wife too x

• Thanks 1

Good day today. Golf - closest to a hole in one ever plus best score for 20 years (even though I took a 2 stroke penalty). Plus, I am now mortgage free. Going out to dinner with the missus to celebrate (Christmas voucher from the daughter).

Good way to start 2020.

FM

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I think that's the first photo I've seen of you wearing pants! :D

They make him put them on when he gets in the office.

You should see the shots on the train though. :)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KieranR said:

I never thought id be so happy working with trains.  But I love it.  

Really, I thought every boy wanted to work wit trains. 

Congrats mate. 

13 hours ago, KieranR said:

I got awarded with rail roader of the month at work this week! Sounds silly but I feel bloody great receiving this.  I’ve taken the opportunity with both hands since being given the opportunity there!  And from all reports my supervision and above are very happy with my work, work ethic, positive attitude.  I never thought id be so happy working with trains.  But I love it.  

I don’t go to work to get awards but I’m tickled pink with this.

C86013F2-8E3E-4643-AC66-18411A24663E.jpeg

Big congratulations Kieran, you should feel chuffed - getting recognition at work is a great achievement ☺

• Like 2

Today’s blood test was the best result I’ve had in over 9 months 😁. After receiving 43 blood and platelet transfusions since April last year, I’ve now gone 1 whole month without needing a transfusion. 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Today’s blood test was the best result I’ve had in over 9 months 😁. After receiving 43 blood and platelet transfusions since April last year, I’ve now gone 1 whole month without needing a transfusion. 😁

That's great news.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Del said:

You'd still have a lot of credit at "the bank" though.

• Haha 1