Jump to content
Arpit

The good news thread

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Cranky said:

It's not a fairy tale. 

20190701_164633.jpg

What's that view out of the window? Is your house suspended under a hot air balloon? :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FatPom said:

What's that view out of the window? Is your house suspended under a hot air balloon? :lol:

Lol. The neighbour's house 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2019 at 9:48 AM, Flanman said:

One week to go. That includes:-

* Monday: Lunch with the Boss

* Wednesday: Lunch with the Team then State of Origin

* Thursday: Funeral for a work friend of 20 years (morning) ; my formal work farewell (early evening)

* Friday : Last work lunch then Casual drinks @ Bungalow 8 from 4pm

* Saturday: Wake up in the hotel in Sydney and head home

FM

What's the retirement plan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

What's the retirement plan?

* Get healthier

* Decrease the golf handicap and increase the frequent flyer points

* The new fishing boat

* Semi professional athlete + TdC stuff, community work

* A few home projects

* Music, language, basketball coaching , grandson

* A few planned week here, week there paid jobs (but not too may)

* There was something else ???mmm...? Oh yes, the missus.

FM 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flanman said:

* The new fishing boat

 

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

So just fishing then 👍

One of my guys "retired" last month. He said he'd finally get the boat wet again after it had been sitting in the garage for 2 years. He popped in to see us last Friday when he came in to give blood, and happened to mention that a job that seemed just made for him popped up and he's going to work in Canberra for the next year.

So much for the boat.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

 

One of my guys "retired" last month. He said he'd finally get the boat wet again after it had been sitting in the garage for 2 years. He popped in to see us last Friday when he came in to give blood, and happened to mention that a job that seemed just made for him popped up and he's going to work in Canberra for the next year.

So much for the boat.

This would never happen to me, unless the job was fishing guiding, for which I don't need a boat!

I don't have a boat - thinking about a little kayak for local rivers though.  But if we move to the coast (Mrs is keen, me less so), I reckon I'd buy a boat just for estuary use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my end date at work: with redundancy payout, confirmed today.

All set to go and do Run Larapinta in Aug, before 5 weeks travel in Aus before going back to NZ to live

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

Had my end date at work: with redundancy payout, confirmed today.

All set to go and do Run Larapinta in Aug, before 5 weeks travel in Aus before going back to NZ to live

Happy Days 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Flanman said:

All over red rover.

FM

Hey Willie,

We have another Professional athlete on the forum.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...